Are you having fun watching this team?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Afternoon games start at 5am here, I woke up at 745, so luckily missed the pain. 31-3 when I tuned in.

I wasn't surprised though. The team this year is up and down and mostly down away from the clink.

Seem to have no idea how to adjust on O.

Optimus25

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":vvhb8brg said:
NFSeahawks628":vvhb8brg said:
hgwellz12":vvhb8brg said:
Cyrus12":vvhb8brg said:
there have been some really bad games to watch as a fan this year...but like watching someone lit on fire no matter how bad I can't turn my eyes away...

It's because since Pete got here, we always at least made a game out of every loss. This one was over as soon as we won the toss.
Anomaly, yes. But some stuff has been a trend ALL SEASON. And our $20m QB is just hopefully having his ONE horrible season of his career. I refuse to believe that he has already peaked.

It would be a shame if Russell Wilson continues to regress, I certainly don't expect it but he has played poorly two of three games and has thrown an INT in three straight games.

That's EIGHT interceptions in 3 games.

Yes, EIGHT.

Damn. I didn't realize that.

I've grown so accustomed to him not throwing the terrible INTs over the middle that when it keeps happening i just freeze for like 3 seconds trying to process that the wrong jersey has the ball.

I'll beat the dead horse all year... Jimmy needs to get isolated in space. I mean i literally cannot remember a five yard stop route with Jimmy. What corner is going to defend him running five and posting up?.

That also takes little to no pass pro.

Start simple and then build off the small things. It just feels like when we get off track one Damn drive, we can't get going forever.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Yes it is usually exciting to watch this team. Today I was expecting us to make some sort of run until early in the 4th when it was obvious we were not going to do much. As someone else said we are usually in every game even if we lose.

I guess if this team has a loosing season we will lose all you "fans". Do you only like the team when they win? Nobody likes to lose but either you are a fan through thick and thin or you are not a fan. If you are not having fun then go root for Dallas or whomever is winning this season.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
At 14-3 it became clear we weren't going to show up, so I went to watch Westworld.

It's remarkable how obvious it is when this team doesn't want to play. You can just feel it immediately.

cymatica

Reaction score
Maybe the dog crap turnstile o-line the last couple years is taking it's toll on him. Maybe he is seeing ghosts. This cheap o-line strategy could very well ruin a once in a generation player

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I think that because of how high of expectations this team has, any loss becomes too much of a low, while a win is expected. Which is too bad, because the NFL is set up for teams not to be dominant for several years, yet this team has gone to the playoffs 6 of the last 7 years.

I'm having a blast watching the games. The road clunkers are frustrating, but oh well. It's just because we're accustomed to watching them win so many games that a loss becomes a mystery that we're all trying to solve all week

kf3339

Reaction score
I stopped watching in the middle of the third quarter, and even that was too long. You could just smell the pile of crap this team was stepping in far too soon. :pukeface:

Rob12

Reaction score
Sad that people stop watching. Read that one dude turned the game off after the first pick. Exhibit #1 on why we are a spoiled, shitty rotten fan base. Don't turn the game off. This team has the heart to come back. Not trying to be a dick but it's embarrassing to read people giving up after the first or second quarter. Come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I was at this shit game. I stayed in my seat in the font fow, until the 5th pick. I couldn't do it any longer. The beat down, plus the cold, I was done. What an awful game. Looked like Rawls was the only guy who wanted to play.

Largent80

Reaction score
It's more fun watching people implode around here.

There aren't enough fingers to point because dang near every player on the team is playing like crap in these types of games.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SeaMeat":3ourylc3 said:
I turned it off right after Russ' 1st INT. I knew the rest of the game was going to be crap...

I have been a fan since 1980, and I have watched some seriously bad games. It used to be that I would carry a Seahawks loss with me for days - being a jerk to everyone. Now-a-days.... I am extremely numb to the losses.

Come to think of it, I am numb whether they win or lose. This season just feels 'weird' to me. Not really in to it anymore.

So, to answer the question.... no, I am not having fun watching this team.
Wow and it's funny because I have seen this kind of post before.I actually called that one out but I can't this time.I see you have been a fan for some time so maybe it's other things outside of the game that make things at present.I hope the playoffs will fire you up some.I hate seeing non-bandwagon fans leaving the Hawks Nest.

penihawk

Reaction score
I think it's more than just winning & losing that people are having a hard time watching. After all we are 8-4-1 and that's the 1st ass kicking we have taken since 2011. This team is very inconsistent and that's who they will continue to be the rest of the way depending on who and where we play. We are who we are with key injuries playing a roll in that the whole season. Expectations have changed perception forevever and that's a hard thing to overcome.

I've been a Hawks fan since '76 and was at the 1st game ever and almost every one til the early 90's. We watched alot of bad football and still enjoyed it and got together at my folks every away game. The NFL, like all other pro sports , is changing for the worse and I find myself watching full games less and less unless I have nothing better to do and I almost never watch other teams play like I used to. It's the overall product that's lacking for me and not the state of this teams up/down season. Football access 24/7/365 and Roger Goodell's NFL are the primary changes in my fandom but make no mistake I will always be a fan win or lose. :D

HommyHawk

Reaction score
For me it's to many commercials between plays for me to marinate in my anger .I wonder if this effects players also.I liken it to when magazines were popular .I used to love reading the Source when it first started out but as it gained in popularity the ads took over the content and it felt like I was buying one big commercial.The NFL has become one big commercial too.We should go to the no huddle and screw with there ads lol.Can't build rhythm or momentum at this pace.oh well what do I know I'm just the most important thing to the league, a fan.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
'Twas a time when I would have been thrilled to see the Seahawks have an 8-4-1 record. It's time to adjust expectations and realize this team is just a regular semi-decent NFL team that has some strengths but also significant flaws and on Sunday they finally reaped the poop whilrwind.

acctingman

Reaction score
New to the forums, but a Hawk fan since 76'

It's hard to say what's going on with Russ. He isn't a $20M QB...never thought he was (hell, imo, no football player is worth $20M).

I think it's the case of "I've got paid, I'm going on cruise control". Maybe not so much with Russ, but a little bit of it is there. Also, since he's been married, his play has been a shitsandwich.

This window is almost closed. The best of the Hawks died when Marshawn got hurt and retired. We had an identity then. It was we were going to shove the ball down your throat with Lynch and then our D was going to knock you so silly you wouldn't even recognize your ma'ma. Now, it's more a mentality of trickery and "wing and a prayer"

They are, imo, out of the playoffs come their first road game.

Hope I'm wrong.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
For those who have not had time to read all the posts recently here is a summary of what the skeptics are saying.

Fire Pete or he is done
Rethink our whole defensive philosophy
Russell has peaked is now mediocre
Rawls is a scrub
We will never win another game ever
We cant beat the Rams
We will be lucky to win our division
This team is no fun

First think to say is ALL of that is wrong. ALL of it.

We will win division and make playoffs and probably at least win first round if not much deeper. We do not need to fire anyone or scrap what has worked for the last 4 years.

Do we need to tweek and work on some things. YES. We need O-line help and figure out where our pass rush went but that is about it. If you think Russell will play like this consistently in the future you were never a believer in him to begin with. But lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater. If we had those three things this would have been a totally different game.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Right now, no. First game I turned off early this season. They are just not very good right now.

Chapow

Reaction score
I had a hell of a lot of fun watching them beat the crap out of Carolina a week ago.

I didn't have fun watching them get beat down by GB this week.

So I guess it turns out that it's fun to watch your team whoop ass, but not fun to watch your team get ass whooped.

This is a pretty shocking revelation, I'm going to need some time to process this.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Chapow":2vo86rc7 said:
I had a hell of a lot of fun watching them beat the crap out of Carolina a week ago.

I didn't have fun watching them get beat down by GB this week.

So I guess it turns out that it's fun to watch your team whoop ass, but not fun to watch your team get ass whooped.

This is a pretty shocking revelation, I'm going to need some time to process this.

Lol. POTD right here

Latest posts