Are you having fun watching this team?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3oeq65vx said:
The NFL is an entertainment venue. Thus I ask you, are you having fun?

The following games were about as enjoyable as a root canal

Dolphins
Rams
Cardinals
Tampa Bay
Green Bay

What say you? Is the product being put on the field by Pete, JC and company worth your time?

One question at a time please,; Am I having fun?.....Answer #1 > NO..it's never fun to watch my team get beaten.

Answer #2> YES part 1..The "Product" as you put it has gotten us our very first Lombardi, and nearly had a repeat the following year......YES part 2.. "Pete, JC and company" are damn well worth my time.
There are ALWAYS going to be games that are head scratchers, but "Pete, JS and company" has produced a World Championship caliber team, that has been in the conversation for several years in a row now.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":a91v30q3 said:
As football fans we've largely resigned the fate of our pleasure to choices, actions, and events that are out of our control. Instead of depending on ourselves for joy and amusement, we've learned to rely on our local football team to supply some of these experiences. When things are going well, this is acceptable. However, when things are not going well, we experience an especially terrible type of stress. We lack control over the outcomes of football games. Stresses from a lack of control are found in psychological studies to be exponentially more harmful than stresses we more voluntarily inflict upon ourselves. Due to this, days like today can seem like a huge problem. They sure as hell feel like a problem. However, this isn't the case.

Instead, days like today are an opportunity. They're an opportunity for sports fans to question aspects of how sports fandom works. We can respond to these questions by pursuing more meaningful pleasures - pleasures that we have some control over. In other words, we can take a day like today and ask ourselves "What does my fandom give me?" and "What does my fandom take away?" More importantly, we might ask "What can I do instead with my time?" Some of us might not be able to look at sports fandom as a mostly negative experience without games like today's going much, much worse than expected. Simply put, it takes a certain degree of insanity to be a sports fan and days like today provided an opportunity to question that insanity. This is the opportunity of unexpected losses.

I enjoy it when we win and when we lose, I enjoy this opportunity those losses provide. When we win, there's the escapist pleasure of basking in the success of others. When we lose, we're being challenged intellectually with evaluating just what it is we're doing with our time as sports fans. Being a fan of people who are regularly winning is clearly fun but it's also a stupid kind of fun. Losing is stressful but it's also the type of stress we can seek to eliminate. From this elimination of uncontrollable stress, we can grow and become better, happier people. Overall, I'm having fun! (And everyone else should too!)

This!

SeaMeat

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1squhotb said:
SeaMeat":1squhotb said:
I turned it off right after Russ' 1st INT. I knew the rest of the game was going to be crap...

I have been a fan since 1980, and I have watched some seriously bad games. It used to be that I would carry a Seahawks loss with me for days - being a jerk to everyone. Now-a-days.... I am extremely numb to the losses.

Come to think of it, I am numb whether they win or lose. This season just feels 'weird' to me. Not really in to it anymore.

So, to answer the question.... no, I am not having fun watching this team.
Wow and it's funny because I have seen this kind of post before.I actually called that one out but I can't this time.I see you have been a fan for some time so maybe it's other things outside of the game that make things at present.I hope the playoffs will fire you up some.I hate seeing non-bandwagon fans leaving the Hawks Nest.

I just get too involved, emotionally, you know?

It cant be fun for my family to hear me screaming at the television every weekend.

Plus, I am starting to get weird pressure in my chest when I really get rolling with the hollering. I'm turning 43 years young in a week. I'm not ready for a stroke.

Best for me to just turn it off.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Of course Im having fun watching my team. It is the ups and downs and day to day battles that make everything interesting. I like coming here to read all the different viewpoints. Some of the posters here are really funny after losses too. That keeps it fun too. I think its funny when people freak out about other people freaking out. Haha lol. To sum it all up. Tryna keep everything in perspective an enjoy life. Love my hawks tho.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":37igddqk said:
NFSeahawks628":37igddqk said:
hgwellz12":37igddqk said:
Cyrus12":37igddqk said:
there have been some really bad games to watch as a fan this year...but like watching someone lit on fire no matter how bad I can't turn my eyes away...

It's because since Pete got here, we always at least made a game out of every loss. This one was over as soon as we won the toss.
Anomaly, yes. But some stuff has been a trend ALL SEASON. And our $20m QB is just hopefully having his ONE horrible season of his career. I refuse to believe that he has already peaked.

It would be a shame if Russell Wilson continues to regress, I certainly don't expect it but he has played poorly two of three games and has thrown an INT in three straight games.

That's EIGHT interceptions in 3 games.

Yes, EIGHT.

Shirt happens.

Look we suck in the cold, we suck on grass and we suck in wet conditions. We really sucks in when all three happen at once.

Fortunately we don't have a lot of games with those elements so it isn't necessarily going to kill our season.

Games that our opponents out play us don't really bother me that much. This league is a lot more competitive than most others. Expecting your team to be elite every week is pretty unrealistic.

The only games that drive me crazy are the ones we play good enough to win but the officiating determines a different outcome.

Towards the end of the NE game I was OK if we didn't win. The Tampa game also didn't bother me just like this last one. The NO game drove me nuts and both the AZ and LA games had some critically timed major penalties in games that came down to the wire.

I can except being beat by an opponent who played a better game just not losing to the officials.

djb28

Reaction score
I watch from beginning to end. I love watching the Hawks. I sat through the 80's I can sit through half a season of what is still a Playoff year.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Win or lose this team is always fun to watch. Not many other NFL squads have this many playmakers on offense or defense. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

capncrunch

Reaction score
SeaMeat":2wwmoyhw said:
IndyHawk":2wwmoyhw said:
SeaMeat":2wwmoyhw said:
I turned it off right after Russ' 1st INT. I knew the rest of the game was going to be crap...

I have been a fan since 1980, and I have watched some seriously bad games. It used to be that I would carry a Seahawks loss with me for days - being a jerk to everyone. Now-a-days.... I am extremely numb to the losses.

Come to think of it, I am numb whether they win or lose. This season just feels 'weird' to me. Not really in to it anymore.

Wow and it's funny because I have seen this kind of post before.I actually called that one out but I can't this time.I see you have been a fan for some time so maybe it's other things outside of the game that make things at present.I hope the playoffs will fire you up some.I hate seeing non-bandwagon fans leaving the Hawks Nest.

It cant be fun for my family to hear me screaming at the television every weekend.

Plus, I am starting to get weird pressure in my chest when I really get rolling with the hollering. I'm turning 43 years young in a week. I'm not ready for a stroke.

Wow. I feel myself getting really anxious when I am watching the games. Though strangely I kind of like it. It didn't used to be quite the same. I am okay with a certain amount of failure, but the drive extending penalties and dropped passes really irk me. I really look forward to the next game though in spite of the gametime anxiety. The excitement of the home games on tv when they hoist up the 12 flag and you hear the crowd. Wow. It's a huge adrenaline rush for me. I guess I am an addict of sorts.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I have stated that I'm a diehard fan and have been since before they even knew what they were going to name the team. I've watched every single game they have played since their first pre-season game.

I figure as a fan, I can't just be a fair weather fan, I'm there in spirit for the team in good times and bad, and I'll be the first to say that there have been a lot more bad times than good so far as games have gone. I wouldn't miss a play, and even on the days when we are getting our asses whipped, I don't ever say never until the last second of the game.

I think back over the years since Russell has been with us, and how many times, when it looked like all was lost, that he made up his mind to win it, no matter the score and did. If I'd done like so many in this thread say they did, I'd missed some of the greatest moments in Seahawk history.

It's also why I believe so strongly in the "Magic of the 12th Man's collective spirit in the outcome of the game". I've said all season long this year that the reason the Seahawks are struggling, in part, has been a direct response to all the doubt and pessimism that exudes from the fans in times of trouble, instead of a steadfast spirit of confidence in the teams ability to come back from adversity and win.

Its been the very core of what makes the Seahawks such a phenomenal team to be a fan of. What other team in the NFL could have taken its fans for so many emotional roller coaster rides as the Seahawks have over the years. I've said outloud in almost every Seahawk game I've watched, "why can't they just get a big lead and hold it, all the way through the game?" but no, they have to keep us setting on the edge of our seats, sweating it out, usually down to the very last play of the game and somehow, someway, the Magic of the 12th Man happens and we win.

I wouldn't want it any other way, being a fan of the Seattle Seahawks has brought me more crazy happiness than anything else I can think of in life. I'll be there for them, rain or shine, for the rest of my days, NO DOUBT!

Go Seahawks.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
The thing I wanted to point out is this from the article I posted.

"The NFL is well aware of its ratings issue. Last week, the league announced it will experiment with the frequency of ad breaks during its Week 16 games, and with the number of ads that show during those breaks. The hope is that viewers will return.

To be sure, football isn’t going anywhere, and some experts downplay the current crisis. CBS chief research officer David Poltrack told investors at a conference this month that although the fumble in ratings was “quite a shock,” there is still “no reason to conclude a seminal change” has taken place in the appeal of TV’s most popular sport."

This I found very interesting.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
I'm concerned about penalty-calling in any Cowboys games during the playoffs, there i$ a lot riding on their success.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Oh boo hoo. This has got to be one of the whiniest groups I have ever encountered. Get over yourselves. It is embarrassing to have other fan bases read your crap. No wonder we are labeled one of the most annoying fan bases in the NFL. You need to re-evaluate your expectations, from your couch. You think because you pay your cable bill, go to the games, or buy their crap that they somehow should answer to you, like you own them. You pay money for a good or service. They owe you all like the cashier at your favorite dildo shop owes you. It is called economics. They don't owe you crap.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":36riucb5 said:
Oh boo hoo. This has got to be one of the whiniest groups I have ever encountered. Get over yourselves. It is embarrassing to have other fan bases read your crap. No wonder we are labeled one of the most annoying fan bases in the NFL. You need to re-evaluate your expectations, from your couch. You think because you pay your cable bill, go to the games, or buy their crap that they somehow should answer to you, like you own them. You pay money for a good or service. They owe you all like the cashier at your favorite dildo shop owes you. It is called economics. They don't owe you crap.

Funny you should mention it, but the cashier at my favorite dildo shop owes me $20 from a bet we made (don't ask).

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2bwg4zwy said:
Ha Ha Ha..The toy store-I wan't expecting to read that one.I really get the rest though and your right for the most part.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SeaMeat":2hyrj35z said:
IndyHawk":2hyrj35z said:
SeaMeat":2hyrj35z said:

Wow your a pup compared to a lot of people in here 43 is not old..I hope you get a checkup and declared fine so you can resume yelling again.I understand it,I used to yell myself but now I express it different such as punching a cushion and muttering cuss words.I will also take breaks and breathe,I don't know if this helps you any but good luck to you

cymatica

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":23wq3dxo said:
Jimjones0384":23wq3dxo said:

Funny you should mention it, but the cashier at my favorite dildo shop owes me $20 from a bet we made (don't ask).

I hope that bet didn't involve how many dildos you could...nevermind

Latest posts