Your Free Agency Wish List

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
If you guys had to pick between a NCB like Chris Harris and a TE like Austin Hooper for the same salary, who would you sign?

Largent80

Reaction score
Everson Griffin, after a Clowney signing.

Denver may release Von Griffin, imagine him and Clowney off the EDGE.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Largent80":bc8uk7t2 said:

There would be a dead cap hit of $21mil if they cut him.

BASF

Reaction score
As much as anyone wants to focus on other areas, our biggest need is penetration from the defensive line. We were middle of the pack in hurries, but bottom five in Qb hits, knockdowns and sacks. Despite that we were still tied for fifth in interceptions. With an improvement in penetration, we are legit Super Bowl contenders again.

Let Ansah walk. Re-sign Jefferson.

As much as it seems counter-intuitive, I want to let Clowney walk. As I have pointed out in other threads, he is a great penetrator being in the top five in several categories other than sacks, but we need to get the QB on the ground. I'd much rather see us sign Robert Quinn who should cost less than Clowney due to age.

Use that extra money to snag either Javon Hargrave, Maliek Collins or David Onyemata to pair with Reed or if we can get a combo of them, let Reed walk completely. I put Hargrove well above the other two as his missed tackle percentage is significantly lower than the others. The other DTs out there will be out of our price range.

As much as the big space eater Al Woods made a difference, I don't want him back. He has passed his prime and has practically no ability to get to the QB. It is very interesting to me that we signed Bryan Mone, since he does not play his size at all. If our staff is working on getting him to lose thirty to forty pounds without losing strength he might prove to be our space eating DT.

There are a bunch of other spots that we can fill with free agency, but these are the key moves.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Probably have to release/restructure Britt, Wright, Dickson, Thompson....

DE Clowney $21M

DE Robert Quinn $11M - weak against the run. Green/Collier can step in accordingly.

DT Leonard Williams or Javon Hargrave $13M - would settle for Reed if unable to get one of them.

DL Jefferson $5M

DT Danny Shelton $4M

Whichever of these can be afforded after those big DL signings:

OT Fant $6M

TE Tyler Eifert $4M-$5M - Gamble. Low guaranteed money to go with some incentives. One of the best pass blocking TE and a good run blocker to go with his receiving production

LG Iupati $2M

Hollister, Moore, Jordan Simmons

RB Mike Davis - vet minimum

Kendricks could be brought back for cheap if they're unable to get Wright back

aawolf

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why we would go after an expensive TE in free agency as the talking heads are saying? If Dissly finally gets healthy, and we resign Hollister and/or Willson for cheaper than these high-profile FAs (like OJ Howard or Hunter Henry), why do we need a TE?

IMO, D-line is where we need to hit it big in FA. Signing Clowney is the #1 priority on my wishlist as well as a big DT to stop the run.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Well josh Norman was just released today.. He has dipped in the past two years but a change of scenery might help rejuvenate him once again. I wouldn't be ecstatic about signing him, but I wouldn't be opposed to a one year vet prove it type deal either.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
aawolf":28j6m757 said:
Can someone explain to me why we would go after an expensive TE in free agency as the talking heads are saying? If Dissly finally gets healthy, and we resign Hollister and/or Willson for cheaper than these high-profile FAs (like OJ Howard or Hunter Henry), why do we need a TE?

IMO, D-line is where we need to hit it big in FA. Signing Clowney is the #1 priority on my wishlist as well as a big DT to stop the run.
Dissly is unlikely to stay healthy and after two very serious injuries will he ever be 100 percent? He probably wont even be ready for week 1.
Willsson is filler and past his prime...if he had one. Hes not on this team next year.
Hollister did well but imo he is not a starting te. He made some crucial mistakes down the stretch.
They need to add someone decent as Wilson loves targeting the TE.

Largent80

Reaction score
There will be ZERO cheap options for a DE EDGE rusher in free agency. It is a position that gets paid. Unfortunately the Hawks need 2 of them, so they are going to need to cut some players that are going to raise a few eyebrows OR make a trade.

Any of the players listed is going to be expensive.

I'm hoping Reakwon Davis slips to #27 and they don't trade that pick away. His sack production fell off a cliff but he is big, tall and is more like Campbell than any player for the last several years.

chris98251

Reaction score
I am hoping for some Clemons magic, we got him for little to nothing really, he was in a scheme and not used to his best abilities. Pete and John need to find a couple of these guys that are not in the bullseye but just outside in the second or third ring based on productivity but not talent that we can insert and use to their best capabilities.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
DT Jordan Phillip would be an upgrade over Jaren Reed and will be in the same price range.

Tical21

Reaction score
Dupree, Quinn, Byron Jones, and Chris Harris if you can't get Jones.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Largent80":aq2oei2c said:

Who is Von Griffin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/GoesslingStrib/status/1230494111309930496[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/GoesslingStrib/status/1230496343833153536[/tweet]

Griffen or Quinn would now be my top two choices to pair with Clowney, since they're going to be more affordable than other top free agents

getnasty

Reaction score
If Clowney is signed i really like Griffin on a 1 year deal. Great passion, motor and seems like the culture in Seattle would be a great fit.

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't think Griffen takes a one year deal or is anywhere near cheap. If we re-sign Clowney, Olsen will have been our other big signing.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Griffen is 32, and will not command top tier money. I'd be willing to guess that he signs for somewhere along the lines of 3 years $36mil with $30mil Gt'd.

Latest posts