• DangeRuss

Votes: 42 38.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

zetes

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":31j76cfe said:
Do you know that Russell himself uses the name DangeRuss? You wanna give him a call and tell him to stop using it?

Yes, I realize that is his twitter handle. Listen -- I think he has had a fantastic season and I am thankful that he is a Seahawk but it doesn't change the fact that his twitter handle ("DangeRuss") is still LAME. And, I didn't say he had to stop using it but if you have his number then I would have no problem calling him and telling him that "I love your game but your twitter handle is soooo LAME!" He would probably laugh ... he isn't exactly "captain cool" off the field ... have you read his tweets? There isn't much there in terms of entertainment value (why else read tweets).

Z.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2bhj499h said:
LargentFan":2bhj499h said:
themunn":2bhj499h said:
they're both pretty famous nicknames
but that doesn't mean people called them that exclusively.

Deion Sanders will always be Deion Sanders to me. That doesn't mean he's not also Primetime.
Reggie White is Reggie White. I don't go around saying "the Minister of Defense" but everyone knows who that is too

I suppose you are correct here. All sarcasm aside. I guess the main issue I have is that RW3 is clearly based on RG3's nickname. That implies a deference to RG3 that I think is unwarranted.

It's not based on RGIII's nickname. It's his own initials and his number. If his number was 4 he'd be RW4.

Am I the only person here who doesn't think about Robert Griffen when we're talking about Russ?

Yes.

I have to do a double take every damn time I see RW3, and all the more now that we're actually playing the Redskins.

zetes

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3hw1fgmh said:
Do you know that Russell himself uses the name DangeRuss? You wanna give him a call and tell him to stop using it?

Yes, I realize that is his twitter handle. Listen -- I think he has had a fantastic season and I am thankful that he is a Seahawk but it doesn't change the fact that his twitter handle ("DangeRuss") is still LAME. And, I didn't say he had to stop using it but if you have his number then I would have no problem calling him and telling him that "I love your game but your twitter handle is soooo LAME!" He would probably laugh ... he isn't exactly "captain cool" off the field ... have you read his tweets? There isn't much there in terms of entertainment value (why else read tweets).

Z.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2qy3dy6a said:
Zebulon Dak":2qy3dy6a said:
It's not based on RGIII's nickname. It's his own initials and his number. If his number was 4 he'd be RW4.

Am I the only person here who doesn't think about Robert Griffen when we're talking about Russ?

Yes.

I have to do a double take every damn time I see RW3, and all the more now that we're actually playing the Redskins.

Well after we beat the Redskins on Sunday hopefully you'll no longer have this problem. :D

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1c9xz4sr said:
tomahawk":1c9xz4sr said:
I call him Russell Wilson cause that's his name but I may type RW to make it quicker or easier when on here. Names have made into initials here for a long time - but good luck on your quest to change the internet.

This exactly. The fact that it truly bothers people is endlessly hilarious.

#RW3! #RW3! #RW3!
It doesn't bother me that some want to call him RW3, it's just dumb that they insist on going against what he himself has been trying to get people to adopt as his nick-name---DangeRuss.
When people use the RW3?, just sounds like they are trying to say that we have our own RGIII playing Quarterback for the Seahawks,,,Ya think he likes it?, I know if I were trying to seperate myself from the pack, I'd find it an insult that my hard earned success be tied to another Quarterbacks handle.
But do go on Zeb :16:

themunn

Reaction score
scutterhawk":16rtetz1 said:
Zebulon Dak":16rtetz1 said:
tomahawk":16rtetz1 said:
I call him Russell Wilson cause that's his name but I may type RW to make it quicker or easier when on here. Names have made into initials here for a long time - but good luck on your quest to change the internet.

#RW3! #RW3! #RW3!
It doesn't bother me that some want to call him RW3, it's just dumb that they insist on going against what he himself has been trying to get people to adopt as his nick-name---DangeRuss.
When people use the RW3?, just sounds like they are trying to say that we have our own RGIII playing Quarterback for the Seahawks,,,Ya think he likes it?, I know if I were trying to seperate myself from the pack, I'd find it an insult that my hard earned success be tied to another Quarterbacks handle.

The whole idea is that in five years time people will see "RG3" and do a double take because Russell Wilson is the first quarterback that comes to mind.

Veilside

Reaction score
I originally liked RW3 just because it reminded people that he was taken in the 3rd round and how much adversity he had to overcome to get to where he is. Now I see it more as a copy of RG3 (which rolls off the tounge much better) and now prefer Dangeruss because it is more unique to him (not too mention it's what he uses).

As far as the poll I will mostly use Wilson, or Russ in text. I like Russ because I'm lazy.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2r03i2gg said:
Zebulon Dak":2r03i2gg said:
tomahawk":2r03i2gg said:

#RW3! #RW3! #RW3!

Unlike Russell Wilson, some folks just have a hard time learning from thier mistakes.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Nicknames are stupid. Please call him Russell Wilson.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":o5ctuhq5 said:
tomahawk":o5ctuhq5 said:

#RW3! #RW3! #RW3!

Doesn't bother ME in the least, but if Russell Wilson himself has been trying to get people to get on the "DangeRuss" bus, then I'd think he'd be annoyed that some people are trying to tie HIS hard earned success to another Rookie Quarterback.
Takes no imagination to take the lazy path.
I myself am going to go with his wishes to be called "DangeRuss".
Y'all should just keep on doing whatever floats your bobbers Zeb.

grizbob

Reaction score
I'm on 1st name basis with Mr Wilson so I call him Russell :lol:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
scutterhawk":2pjiynhi said:
Zebulon Dak":2pjiynhi said:
tomahawk":2pjiynhi said:

#RW3! #RW3! #RW3!

Doesn't bother ME in the least, but if Russell Wilson himself has been trying to get people to get on the "DangeRuss" bus, then I'd think he'd be annoyed that some people are trying to tie HIS hard earned success to another Rookie Quarterback.
Takes no imagination to take the lazy path.
I myself am going to go with his wishes to be called "DangeRuss".
Y'all should just keep on doing whatever floats your bobbers Zeb.

I pretty much just call him Russell. The point is that none of the nicknames bother me because that'd be a silly thing to let bother me. Some people around here are obviously ok with letting silly things bother them. And THAT simple fact floats my bobbers. ;)

AVL

Reaction score
RW, but I'm fine with his real name. If he gets a nickname, I hope it's somebody other than us who coins it.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
And yes, I realize Russell uses a twitter handle but so do I and I don't want people to call me "FargoHawk" other than in this forum.

Atradees

Reaction score
i thought there was a consensus for Russell Hamster?

Seriously though-are people so lazy they need a two letter and one digit nickname for every athlete?

Russell Wilson or DangeRuss works for me.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
hmm I wonder if I can trademark RW3 for years down the road when people will start selling jersey's with that.....

If Pat Riley can copyright three-peat then I should be able to grab RW3. Probably shouldn't mention it publically on a forum though or someone will do it before me so appreciate if you guys don't tell anyone......

BlueTalons

Reaction score
When we impose R-Wil on the Redskins, they will be asking for Hombre Tres' autograph. :stirthepot:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Dangeruss - just waiting for nike to have wolf grey customs up so i can get a "DANGERUSS" #3 jersey!

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
RW gave himself the DangeRuss nickname, so we should go with what he prefers. RW and Russell Wilson are also acceptable.

hawker84

Reaction score
zetes":1cr4gl54 said:
Zebulon Dak":1cr4gl54 said:

Z.

I'm still trying to figure out if you're being serious or not... you can call him whatever and tweet him all you want to , i live in the grown up world, and i actually couldn't give two flyin yoooohoooo's what he's being called..... no anger intended