Wildcard weekend

ARhawk

Reaction score
Followthelegion":3ohdem3g said:
Grahamhawker":3ohdem3g said:
gowazzu02":3ohdem3g said:
James in PA":3ohdem3g said:
Here's what's going to happen: The Saints won't come through and Seattle will play on wildcard weekend. We will host the Giants and beat them. Green Bay will also host a wildcard game and win. Green Bay goes to Dallas and beats them. Seattle goes to Atlanta and beats them. Seattle hosts Green Bay for NFCCG. Revenge game. We CAN beat Erin & company if it's in our house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know. This is not that crazy...........

:ditto:

Got me thinking, "Could actually make sense!"

This can't happen unless we lose to the 49ers and end up as the 4 seed. Giants are the 5 seed no matter what.

Lets move on from discussing the Giants match up!!!
That, and Green Bay would be the 3 seed, so we would have to go to Lambeau for the NFCCG

chris98251

Reaction score
1. DALLAS - Has a passing game and a great TE, mobile QB.
2. ATLANTA - We barely beat them here with a healthier squad, can throw the ball all day.
3. SEATTLE
4. DETROIT / GREEN BAY - Both teams will keep throwing and carving up deep and shallow
5. NEW YORK GIANTS - Again another team that throws a the ball all day
6. WASHINGTON / lose of DET / GB - Cousins has had a habit of looking good against us, this team is probably our best bet for a win if he is off that day, if he is on he looks like a All Pro.

The bottom line is our offense will make all these teams look like they have a good defense, Atlanta and NY do and if we play there it could get ugly fast, they have a payback mentality to play with as well. The rest of the teams have good to very good passing attacks, something that we happen to be vulnerable to with less then adequate inside pressure and Earl and Kam not being in the game or playing like they have in the past. There are no grinders on this list, most are explosive if they get their passing game going and their defense has been more about contain rather then dominate, they out score teams.

Our past strength has lately become our Achilles heal due to injuries.

James in PA

Reaction score
My bad. I didn't realize the Giants were locked into #5. Well I still think we will be #3 so bring on the Lions or Skins for our first game. I know Dallas wants nothing to do with a winner of a Packers vs Giants game!

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
chris98251":3cx6r6le said:
2. ATLANTA - We barely beat them here with a healthier squad, can throw the ball all day.
3. SEATTLE
4. DETROIT / GREEN BAY - Both teams will keep throwing and carving up deep and shallow
6. WASHINGTON / lose of DET / GB - Cousins has had a habit of looking good against us, this team is probably our best bet for a win if he is off that day, if he is on he looks like a All Pro.

The bottom line is our offense will make all these teams look like they have a good defense, Atlanta and NY do and if we play there it could get ugly fast, they have a payback mentality to play with as well. The rest of the teams have good to very good passing attacks, something that we happen to be vulnerable to with less then adequate inside pressure and Earl and Kam not being in the game or playing like they have in the past. There are no grinders on this list, most are explosive if they get their passing game going and their defense has been more about contain rather then dominate, they out score teams.

"The bottom line is our offense will make all these teams look like they have a good defense, Atlanta and NY do and if we play there it could get ugly fast"
The statistics tell it differently. For example, the Hawks compared to the Giants have both a stronger pass offense and a much stronger pass defense.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RCATES":vwaylwtu said:
James in PA":vwaylwtu said:
Here's what's going to happen: The Saints won't come through and Seattle will play on wildcard weekend. We will host the Giants and beat them. Green Bay will also host a wildcard game and win. Green Bay goes to Dallas and beats them. Seattle goes to Atlanta and beats them. Seattle hosts Green Bay for NFCCG. Revenge game. We CAN beat Erin & company if it's in our house.

I wouldn't sleep on the Saints. They are division rivals and always play a close game. Saints have nothing to lose and will put up a heap of points in the comfy confine's of the Georgia Dome especially with a suspect Atlanta secondary that has Trufant out for the year. The other key thing to watch is Julio Jones getting limited snaps because of a ankle injury. They have already lowered his snaps considerably last week and have openly come out and said they are resting him so he can be healthy for the playoffs.
Exactly what my thoughts are,I always lost picking Atlanta against the Saints

getnasty

Reaction score
None of these teams scare me especially at home. Could we lose to all of them of course but we'll be favored in all of them. The team that probsbly scares me the most would be Atlanta there playing well right now but hopefully the Saints can take the wind out of there sails this weekend.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Yeah, like it or not our Defense can make ANY of these QB look AllPro- weve been watching that exact thing for weeks on end- all because we are pure crap at getting on the QB- someday we Might learn how to effect a good Blitz, but sure isn't part of these coahes abilities. Last week- did you notice palmer pretty much had all Friggin Day to get rid of the ball.

Enough to make you gag, as we pat ourselves on the back with "we have a great defense"

Its been bugging the hell out of every since we gave up a 4th quarter, two score lead to Brady/Belichick, shit, watch that game again and tell me what was missing the 4th quarter, NOBODY got to Brady that whole qtr and he picked our ass apart. Its been going on every since- so if Pete aand crew are so friggin "great" why haven't they fixed that glaring problem yet?????????

Will be interesting to see how Schnider/Pete churn the team this off season plus the draft- going to be interesting indeed.

That team out there is the team I want to go to the SB, but THAT team is going nowhere

chris98251

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":rlffdlwr said:
chris98251":rlffdlwr said:
3. SEATTLE

"The bottom line is our offense will make all these teams look like they have a good defense, Atlanta and NY do and if we play there it could get ugly fast"
The statistics tell it differently. For example, the Hawks compared to the Giants have both a stronger pass offense and a much stronger pass defense.

Well tell me where Locket is, Earl is, Kam is Bennett is, our interior pass rush is, that built those STATISTICS, throw that shit out the door, the STATISTICS don't matter when the team that made them is no longer able to play on the field.

My car can do low 8's in the quarter mile, blew the engine and now has a 6 cylinder but are you going to still apply those old statistics and try to sell it as a fast car?

That's what we have here.

getnasty

Reaction score
Marlin Man":29einqvs said:
Yeah, like it or not our Defense can make ANY of these QB look AllPro- weve been watching that exact thing for weeks on end- all because we are pure crap at getting on the QB- someday we Might learn how to effect a good Blitz, but sure isn't part of these coahes abilities. Last week- did you notice palmer pretty much had all Friggin Day to get rid of the ball.

Enough to make you gag, as we pat ourselves on the back with "we have a great defense"

Its been bugging the hell out of every since we gave up a 4th quarter, two score lead to Brady/Belichick, shit, watch that game again and tell me what was missing the 4th quarter, NOBODY got to Brady that whole qtr and he picked our ass apart. Its been going on every since- so if Pete aand crew are so friggin "great" why haven't they fixed that glaring problem yet?????????

Will be interesting to see how Schnider/Pete churn the team this off season plus the draft- going to be interesting indeed.

That team out there is the team I want to go to the SB, but THAT team is going nowhere

They've had the number one scoring defense for like 5 years in a row and will probably be 2nd this year. What exactly do you want them to fix? Your not gonna hold every team to 3 points.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
We can beat any of those teams at home.

The team that has played us the toughest at home, during the Carroll era, did just beat us, but that is no standard to apply when wondering what other teams will do. Simple fact, no matter how good, and how strong, the Seahawks are, we will always struggle with the two teams that are built to give us the hardest time and know us the best, The Rams and The Cards.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No team in the NFC is dominant or w/out some weaknesses. Anything can happen in the playoffs, anything.
Since the Giants are set in stone at the 5, that could be an advantage for the Skins in that game.
A Hawks/Skins home game in the playoffs? yes please