Why the Seahawks Need to be Careful

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
What it is, is Pete potentially put everything into week 1, the Russ Bowl, and then the rest of the season is a disaster.

Watching the Seattle defense struggle to force 1 punt, get outgained by 180 yards is a big indicator that once again they are going to struggle to get off the field and wear down over the course of the season. Exactly how it was during the Norton era. This had to change going forward, I don't think it has. Pete's completely comfortable with staying on top and giving up first down after first down underneath.

Geno was amazing in the 1st half, but then he and the entire offense were anemic in the 2nd half. Pete taking his foot off the pedal, which he is notorious for? Geno came back down to earth? Plausible, they threw it more than they ran it.

But certain long standing issues showed up once again. Peaks and valleys is real.
I'm enjoying your entertaining take. Keep at it please.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
In your learned opinion, Pete should not have put everything into week 1, instead, we should have put on an indifferent workmen like effort for this game, just so we could safeguard finishing the season with 3 wins, oh may be 5, as you ably predicted? Now that Pete went against your advise and have his orgasm early, we will likely go 1-17 or 2-16?
I have begun to really enjoy these posts. It's like talking to people who cannot see the truth for the box they've built around themselves.

Some of the things being stated are simply myopic, and I now realize there's nothing that can be said to change the beliefs when facts and opinions are one and the same.

This season will be extra enjoyable for the feelings that are being exposed and the new ways each win is discounted.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
This is still an odd narrative to him
We have an OC... how did PETE go too conservative? LOL Imagine thinking the head coach literally calls every play and overrides anything he doesn't want.

What you seem to be missing is that for the anti-Carroll Eeyore contingent, everything good that has happened for the Seahawks since 2012 was because of Wilson and in spite of Carroll, and every bad thing that has happened (yes, down to the level of every play) was completely Carroll's fault while Saint Russell the Flawless was completely without blame.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I have begun to really enjoy these posts. It's like talking to people who cannot see the truth for the box they've built around themselves.

Some of the things being stated are simply myopic, and I now realize there's nothing that can be said to change the beliefs when facts and opinions are one and the same.

This season will be extra enjoyable for the feelings that are being exposed and the new ways each win is discounted.

...and each Seahawks loss celebrated with variations on "I told you so" and false lamentation along the lines of "we could have kept Wilson, and look how great he's doing in Denver!"
And just like when Wilson was here, when the Broncos fail to win a title, it will be everyone's fault except Wilson's. Never mind that these same experts were just telling us that the Broncos had been doing things right, getting the right kind of coach, drafting right, making the right free-agency decisions, and setting themselves up for ultimate success while the dinosaur Seahawks have been doing everything wrong. Forget all that as soon as the Broncos fail to win a title.
Wilson's OL, coaches, RBs, WRs, and the refs can all fail him, but Saint Russell the Flawless cannot fail. Everything good that happens is because Saint Russell made it happen, and everything bad that happens for Wilson's team is because others failed Saint Russell the Martyred.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Rob has shown his ass over the past few years, and will continue to do this Baghdad Bob deflection act in response to any hint of success.

He has an active interest in the Seahawks being indisputably terrible to justify his take record, and anything else makes his "The Rebuild" rebrand look... well, hilarious.

Shoulda stuck to draft blogging. Go figure.

xray

Reaction score
Where does the team go from here after winning their Super Bowl? As Rob mentioned they are turning a victory lap into a victory mile.

They need Trey Lance to puke all over himself, even then it will still be a tough game to win.
Lance will have a ' dry home field ' to play on this week .

ivotuk

Reaction score
Where does the team go from here after winning their Super Bowl? As Rob mentioned they are turning a victory lap into a victory mile.

They need Trey Lance to puke all over himself, even then it will still be a tough game to win.

Completely disagree. I love Rob for all the work he has done for Seahawks fans, and in the draft, but almost every one of his videos are Doom & Gloom.

Geno said after the game "This is just one game" and something along the lines of "This is a 17 game marathon," which I heard multiple players repeat.

Players also said "We can enjoy this one tonight, but tomorrow it's time to focus on the 49ers."

For years I've listened to 710, and will invariably hear a host ask "Who do you play after tomorrow's game?" And the player legitimately doesn't know. That's because Pete keeps them focused on the game at hand. They don't have time to look 2 weeks down the road.

There will always be a few players that look ahead, but only a few. And there's not anyone on this team that went to a Superbowl with Russell. So I don't see them really caring that much about beating Russell, more than they just wanted a win for self-validation. Nwosu was not resigned by the Chargers, a lot of the players were rookies, Rashad Penny is trying to prove that he belongs, Geno wants that also.

Do you think that Boye Mafe, Coby Bryant, Abe Lucas, Charles Cross, or Tariq Woolen cared that it was former Seahawk Russell Wilson? No. They just want to be succesful in the NFL, this week, and next.

99% of these players were focused on the man on the other side of the ball from them. Cross, Haynes, Bythe, Gabe and Lucas were focused on the Bronco DLinemen. The DBs? The WR, TE and RB. And so on and so on.

Whether we win Sunday or not will depend a lot on the SEahawks vs the 49ers, and nothing to do with the game agains the Broncos, except for the fact that it's a short week, and they have to travel.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If he's so great, why is he not working in the front office for one of the NFL teams? He thinks he's smarter than everyone else. And if you call him out, he can't hang.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
If he's so great, why is he not working in the front office for one of the NFL teams? He thinks he's smarter than everyone else. And if you call him out, he can't hang.

Yep. He gets real pissy real quick if you disagree on his site. I got banned years ago from SDB for pointing out some small error (something small like what year a player was drafted) and he blew up, told me to start my own website, and banned me. The dude is smart, sure, but he's extremely thin-skinned.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yep. He gets real pissy real quick if you disagree on his site. I got banned years ago from SDB for pointing out some small error (something small like what year a player was drafted) and he blew up, told me to start my own website, and banned me. The dude is smart, sure, but he's extremely thin-skinned.
He also blocks anyone on Twitter who doesn't explicitly subscribe to his view of the team. Which... ya know. Interesting move.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rent-free and still lying to yourself.
I'm TRYING not to SMILE. or be too H-A-P-P-Y with MY SEAHAWKS 1st game victory over the HIGH OCTANE >>>RUSSELL WILSON'S<<< and the doncos.
I've NEVER had ANYONE try and tell me to not feel too good about a Seahawks win, THEY CAN STUFF IT!
And ENOUGH with your 'Trumpish' "Rent Free" CRAP.
You Broncos F-A-N your way, and I'll Seahawks F-A-N my way.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but for newer members, Rob Staton used to post on .Net for years until his blog got big enough to focus on that, only.

Once you realize Rob is mostly an average football analyst, it's much easier to accept his opinion as just that, his opinion. He is strongly opinionated which is why I don't post on his blog since he doesn't like opposition.

He is a great writer and his podcasts are entertaining, but his understanding and projection of football is the same as most members on this board and below a lot of others. It's really cool he's able to turn this into a 2nd job for him, but that also comes with wanting to stand out, usually through playing a contrarian role. So when Seahawks are projected losers in the off-season, he's easy to follow cause he props up the Hawks. Week 1 is a win and lo and behold he's trying to knock them down a peg. It's his shtick.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Well maybe Fade.
But they had their QB essentially be perfect for a half.

Their rookie corners essentially prevented a HOF QB from throwing to his WRs for most of the game.

They forced 2 separate fumbles at the goal line.

And they won by 1 point.

It was almost as if they had to play balls out to barely beat a team that was not running on all cylinders since it did not bother to play most of its starters in the preseason. Denver looked like crap, and it wasn't all just incredible play by the Hawks. Part might have been travel, part rust, and maybe part getting used to the new systems. But with all that, we won by a single point - and everyone from Geno, to Penny, to our corners, to our OL had a pretty good game.
It worries me that firing on most cylinders we could barely beat a team that was looking pretty rough.
"Their QB"?
So now WHO IS MAKING THE EXCUSES FOR WHY ALL WORLD WILSON F-A-I-L-E-D TO CONQUER his OLD TEAM??
According to 99.99% of the EXPERTS in the NFL, this game was FORTOLD / SUPPOSED TO BE an ABSOLUTE BLOWOUT, with ZERO CHANCE for the Seahawks, because Russell Wilson was going to kick ass and take names, starting with Pete Carroll, and his Nobody, WORST IN THE LEAGUE QB Geno Smith.
Do you actually believe that Russ & his #1's DID NOT practice to beat hell in the off season??? LOLOL if you do.
IF you remember correctly, Metcalf, Lockett, & Penny were SCARCLY PLAYING in the preseason games too.
THE REASON that Russ & Co. were scarcely seen or mentioned in the off season / preseason games, is because Hackett was trying to conceal any game film for the upcoming regular season teams to sort through & prepare for....Can you say BACKFIRED?!?
Oh and, The Seahawks aren't "Firing on all Cylinders" yet either...CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE.
Ever tried Barbequed CROW?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hawks made the plays that mattered. Denver didn't. VERY few thought the Hawks would win (including myself)
Pete made sure that team carried that Chip. I get on the guy, but that was ONE HELL of a coaching job imo.

scutterhawk

Reaction score

ALL games are "Hard to Win"
So, hmm, are you projecting that Trey Lance as already better than Russell Wilson? LOLOL

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score

I think Norm said it best when he asked Cliff "what color is the sky in your world?".

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but for newer members, Rob Staton used to post on .Net for years until his blog got big enough to focus on that, only.

Once you realize Rob is mostly an average football analyst, it's much easier to accept his opinion as just that, his opinion. He is strongly opinionated which is why I don't post on his blog since he doesn't like opposition.

He is a great writer and his podcasts are entertaining, but his understanding and projection of football is the same as most members on this board and below a lot of others. It's really cool he's able to turn this into a 2nd job for him, but that also comes with wanting to stand out, usually through playing a contrarian role. So when Seahawks are projected losers in the off-season, he's easy to follow cause he props up the Hawks. Week 1 is a win and lo and behold he's trying to knock them down a peg. It's his shtick.
Guess it depends on what you mean by analyst.

I don’t think he pretends to be a Xs & Os guy (has other authors for some of that). However, he‘s proven to have a good eye for talent and sussing out how the team evaluates / values positions.

Totally agree on the thin skinned angle. Personality in responses heavily contrasts with his on camera persona.

Latest posts