Why do I feel Quinn is our next HC

morgulon1

Reaction score
Fans assume that Quinn is the favorite among the names. However, I believe it to be Raheem Morris.

Here are the reasons why:

Morris is very likable & outgoing. He has great energy & and people gravitate towards him as a leader.

Another thing that he has going for him is that he's been around the league for quite a while. So he has connections. Including having worked with both Quinn & Ejiro Evero. He has also worked under McVay, Tony Dungy & Mike Shanahan. Both he & Pete have a connection to Monte Kiffin.

I honestly would be surprised if Quinn gets the gig over him.

Excellent point.

I think we as fans get off track regarding our wish for HC. A lot of people like a certain OC or DC as the next great coach but that might be a flawed perception. If Seattle hired Detroits OC he wouldn't come to town to be the OC.
Dave Wyman basically alluded to this on 710 Seattle.
John Schneider is looking for a CEO , a face of the franchise that's going to field the tough questions after a heartbreak loss or an injury situation, he is going to be a motivator, a delegator and has to have connections. I like the idea of LA Rams coordinator or the DC from Raiders seems like a possibility although I don't know a lot about either guy. They both have experience and a network .

I think the Raider DC went to Yale ? Wtf?
I think you have to be a great student to go there.. plus he's been in Miami , won an owl with New England, the went to NYG and turned their defensive line into a beast , took the Raiders defense and turned them into a strength. Looking at Raider content online I don't think theyre excited to lose this guy. In 14 years of coaching I think he's had to prepare for the time when he'd get an opportunity.

Last edited:

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
Dan Quinn wouldn’t be a bad choice. We could definitely do worse. I just want to see us go in a different direction. I know JS said he feels like we are close. I don’t see that. We have strong foundational pieces in K9, JSN, DK, Spoon, Nwosu and a couple next level guys still finding their way in Riq, Mafe, Cross, Lucas. I may be in the minority but outside of that first group of guys we can use upgrades across the board and I want to see us go young and build through the draft otherwise I feel we are stuck in mediocrity and I feel if DQ comes here it’s just more plug and play rather than build through the draft. I could very well be wrong but if we build through the draft it’s both more sustainable and I will see a direction. That’s why I prefer a younger coach. I’m glad JS is taking his time with the process making sure he gets what he feels is the right guy. The longer it takes the more I feel it’s between Johnson or McDonald

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Not trying to stir the pot, but the hell with the culture. The Hawks are a terribly soft and undisciplined team. That's what the culture and coddling has gotten us. I want a different culture than that.
There was a time when Pete's Seahawk culture produced a tough-as-nails defense and a scrappy offense. I don't think it follows that the culture necessarily produces a soft team.

I think someone like Vrable could come in, keep the part of the culture that J/J feels is important to keep, and still produce a tough team. (Not saying it's going to be Vrabel or that he'd be my choice, just using him as an example.)

Last edited:

HawkFreak

Reaction score
I'm still sorting through my own feelings...
But I think I would have rather just kept Pete than hire DQ.
My feelings of anticipation and excitement for the future of the team would take a serious hit if the DQ announcement is made.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The culture is not to be soft. Softness has nothing to do with it. Culture, and how Pete enforced it (or didnt) are being conflated.

Pete built the foundation for a culture that is outstanding. And then he gradually allowed accountability to fall to coordinators which he himself didnt hold accountable enough. THAT is not part of the culture that's important to retain.

Keep the culture. Get someone to enforce it and appoint leadership around him that will maintain excellence.

I don't know Keas. Seems to me the convicts have been running the asylum for to long. At some point the coach needs to be the boss instead of the players best friend.

knownone

Reaction score
I spent time some looking at how people around that team view Vrable and I would say Pelisero is way, way off base to the point that its hard to believe. It's easy to find multiple examples of players praising him and multiple national media guys connected to the sport have reported the same thing. No clue what Tom is saying here.

As for Vrable not being interviewed.....I have no idea. Could be he doesn't view this as a great job. The pending sale is reason enough to push people away because it could be a one year stint until new ownership. Maybe John just doesn't click with him? Could be many, many things.

Positive culture: It's talked about in this forum that with Pete gone that is an element of this team that is gone by default and we will never get it back. It's been said dozens of times by multiple people. People mention that players love to play here, come back and love the team post caree etc. as if its a unicorn of sorts. It's great that Pete did cultivate that and I'm grateful for it but it's not something this organization can't have moving forward. Half the candidates being talked about are great in this area.
How players view Vrabel does not necessarily tell us about the culture he creates within a locker room or how he runs an organization. These are related but not entirely the same. You might be right, though. I don't know enough about Vrabel's time in Tennesee to say otherwise. Pelisero's comments just resonated with me.

Pete's culture will never be back. The foundation will remain, and "positivity" in the abstract certainly won't disappear. Some things can be ingrained in the institution. But whoever takes over, along with John, will establish something distinct and different from what Pete built.

The leader is essential for maintaining an organization's identity. I experienced this in my work life when Steve Ballmer (very much the Jim Harbaugh of business) left Microsoft. Satya completely changed the culture, partly out of necessity but also because he's not Steve. He wasn't ultra-competitive or emotionally charged. He was more reflective, thoughtful, and disciplined. And almost everything Steve built (positive and negative) was gone in 3 years.

There are certain people you can't replace. Pete is one of those guys. That doesn't mean there aren't others like him who utilize a similar style, but you can't just plug guys like Vrabel into the organization and expect the same results.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
All due respect but how do you know that? We fans sure like to state opinions as facts. John may very well be simply performing his due diligence, interviewing a host of candidates before making such a monumental decision.

Truth is, you have no basis to suggest such a statement other than mere opinion. And I don’t mean to pick on you personally, truth is, we fans do this all the time. We make statements on a message board as if we have some insider source.

We don’t.
It is my mere opinion but we have interviewed enough to already
have hired DQ if we wanted him.
There is no rule saying you need to interview people 2-3 times to
know what you want.
I just feel a guy that has been here before would already have been
hired by now.
I get some love for the guy but I don't want him.

Last edited: