Who’s your Seahawks Mount Rushmore

CactusJack

Reaction score
Largent
Walt
Tez
Pete

If you pick one individual from this era (LOB), it has to be Pete imo. He's the architect of the most successful time in Seahawks history. He's been the most influential person. More than any one player. Plus, he's outlasted them all.

Last edited:

Mick063

Reaction score
If you have Lynch on your Mount Rushmore and you also believe that he shouldn't have got the carry on the last play of Super Bowl 49 then.........

You don't really believe that Lynch should be etched in stone. In fact, Lynch shouldn't even be in your top ten.

Are you trying to tell me that the moment was too big for him? Seriously? You don't think he could have gotten it done? Then he definitely isn't one of the greatest Seahawks of all time for you. Don't put him in the ring of honor either. What kind of bum can't dive for one yard in the biggest game of his life? Who would you let do it? Cam Newton? Derrick Henry? Just who exactly, would you trust to get it done? In the biggest game of his life? Name the guy you prefer over Beastmode.

What a freakin' slap in the face. I'm surprised he didn't hang up the cleats right after the game. I would have.

Last edited:

BASF

Reaction score
If you have Lynch on your Mount Rushmore and you also believe that he shouldn't have got the carry on the last play of Super Bowl 49 then.........

You don't really believe that Lynch should be etched in stone. In fact, Lynch shouldn't even be in your top ten.

Are you trying to tell me that the moment was too big for him? Seriously? You don't think he could have gotten it done? Then he definitely isn't one of the greatest Seahawks of all time for you. Don't put him in the ring of honor either. What kind of bum can't dive for one yard in the biggest game of his life? Who would you let do it? Cam Newton? Derrick Henry? Just who exactly, would you trust to get it done? In the biggest game of his life? Name the guy you prefer over Beastmode.

What a freakin' slap in the face. I'm surprised he didn't hang up the cleats right after the game. I would have.
Marcus Allen

Mick063

Reaction score
Marcus Allen
Good Lord. Be serious. Earl Campbell might be acceptable, but Marcus Allen over Marshawn Lynch from a goal line formation?
You are smarter than that.

BASF

Reaction score
Good Lord. Be serious. Earl Campbell might be acceptable, but Marcus Allen over Marshawn Lynch from a goal line formation?
Are you old enough to remember Marcus Allen? He was the best goal line back in history. It didn't matter if he was jumping over the line or squirming his way through it. He was practically unstoppable. My second choice would be Walter Payton. Same deal, he would jump over the line or squirm his way through. If you want to sit here and say that you want someone to truck their way into the end zone, Bettis was better than Campbell who were both better than Marshawn. I may dislike Bettis, and know for a fact that he doesn't belong in the hall of fame, but he was a monster on the goal line. Most of his thirteen touchdowns in 04 were goal line runs, including three touchdowns against the Raiders that were all from the one yard line.

I get the opinion on Marshawn, but let's be honest, Marshawn was not great on the goal line. Everyone knows that he had only one touchdown in five attempts that season, but there was a link that is now dead, showing that he was number fifty out of fifty-six running backs with the qualifying amount of attempts over a five year span. That is a lot of running backs that had a higher percentage of scoring than him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

If I remember right, Lynch's success rate from the goalline as as a Hawk was less than 30-40%, thus why Pete and Bevell decided to pass from the one in SB 49 against a zero run line.

Allen had the athleticism and hops to jump over lines if he couldn't find a crease.

hox

Reaction score
It'd hard leaving lynch, Sherman, Earl, Easley etc off but had time do it. I think refency bias clouds peoples view of Russ which us fair but he's on there for me.

I don't think it's the recency bias. I think it's the fact that he's a me-first player and not team player. Rushmore standard = team players who bleed blue and green. It's not just about the stats.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
If I remember right, Lynch's success rate from the goalline as as a Hawk was less than 30-40%, thus why Pete and Bevell decided to pass from the one in SB 49 against a zero run line.

Allen had the athleticism and hops to jump over lines if he couldn't find a crease.
If you will pardon a Bears fan butting in, nobody could launch himself better than Walter Payton.

BASF

Reaction score
I don't think it's the recency bias. I think it's the fact that he's a me-first player and not team player. Rushmore standard = team players who bleed blue and green. It's not just about the stats.
Difficult to include Easley with that criteria after what happened between him and the front office.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Difficult to include Easley with that criteria after what happened between him and the front office.
Easley's beef with the Seahawks was legitimate. Basically a medical condition ended his career while under the care of Seahawks medical staff.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
I generally don't post in highly subjective lists like this because everyone's entitled to their opinion, but a quick perusal showed way too many lists that did not include Walter Jones, in my totally biased opinion the greatest left tackle in NFL history. In fact, I would take Walter Jones and Steve Hutchenson ahead of any left tack and guard duo in NFL history, including the great Art Shell and Gene Upshaw.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score

I like this. Who would be YOUR all time 4 to put on Mount Rushmore?

They have:
Russell Wilson
Steve Largent
Walter Jones
Bobby Wagner

What say you..

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score

I like this. Who would be your all time 4 to put on Mount Rushmore?

They have:
Russell Wilson
Steve Largent
Walter Jones
Bobby Wagner

What say you..

Wilson? Hahahahaha 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Did Wilson's agent make the list?
How could anyone whose head isn't up Wilson's ass put Wilson ahead of Easley, Kennedy, and Hutchinson?

The list, in my view, has to start like this:
Largent, of course.
Kennedy, of course.
Jones, of course.
[I've gone in chronological order with these three]

For the fourth spot, you've got competition between two guys already deservedly in the Hall of Fame (Easley and Hutchinson) and one who will get in on the first ballot five years after he retires (Wagner). There's simply no need to add to the list a guy whose only way into the Hall of Fame will be to buy an admission ticket.

I'd put Wagner in there as my fourth with Largent, Jones, and Kennedy, and then I'd end up with the same list as @kidhawk.

Easley was unbelievably impressive in his so-short career. In seven seasons, the guy was first-team All-Pro three times and DPotY once. And if we consider only the Seahawks part of Hutch's career, he was first-team All-Pro twice and second-team All-Pro once in five seasons (with the Vikings, he'd be second-team All-Pro one more time and first-team All-Pro three more times, but I don't think that should count for "Seahawks Rushmore"). In Wagner's 11 seasons with the Seahawks, he's been second-team All-Pro three times and first-team All-Pro six times (he was also second-team All-Pro in his season with that team that changes cities every 20 years or so, but FtR). Wilson will retire without ever having been first-team All-Pro. Wagner, a linebacker, also got more league-MVP votes in 2014 than Wilson, a quarterback, will get in his entire career. So both of the already-in Hall of Famers and the next Seahawks Hall of Fame inductee clearly have better claims to a spot on Seahawks Rushmore than Wilson. I think Wagner's is the strongest of the three.

I think part of the problem is that some of Wilson's fans can't separate their favorite players from the best players. Jim Zorn was my first childhood sports hero and is one of my all-time favorite players, but I don't think he belongs in the Hall of Fame, much less on Seahawks Rushmore (tho' I think he does make it with Wilson, Hasselbeck, and Krieg to Seahawks QB Rushmore). I didn't even resent Krieg for taking the starting-QB job, because I could see that Krieg was better than Zorn at that point. Similarly, while I do think Jacob Green should be in the Hall of Fame, I wouldn't put him on my Seahawks Rushmore, even though he's another one of my all-time favorites.

Yeah, for me it's pretty clearly Largent-Kennedy-Jones-Wagner.

Last edited: