Who’s Your Seahawks.NET Mount Rushmore?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Nowadays?

Keasley45
Lagartixa
Maelstrom787
Olyfan63

I have an unusual perspective on Rushmore. I think they should put Reagan and Trump on the current one, and then build an entirely new, similar monument about ten miles away at a suitable location with FDR, Carter, Clinton, and Obama on it (to start with).

I would build a third Mt Rushmore with:

Ross Perot
Ralph Nader
George Wallace
Pat Buchanan

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Honest thank you to those who considered me on their list but I look at it from a community perspective, not a former owner/creator perspective. In that vein, my list is:

Radish
Cheinhill
kidhawk
Hawkstorian

Although I am biased, admittedly. There's been dozens of amazing members over the years no question, but these 4 stand out to me for my own reasons.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I would have to list at least 20 or more posters and people who are "my favorites" here. And even then I'd miss a half dozen. I'd need at least a "Rocky Mountains" and a "Black Hills" and "Olympics". Is there a board function to see whose posts we've "liked" the most, in descending order?

For now I can only come up with a Washington Monument and a Lincoln Memorial.

keasley45 is my Washington Monument, for helping me finally see the truth about RW3, in a realistic, balanced way, without the emotional baggage/hero worship/villain scapegoating, and in a way that (for me) was and is useful to know what to expect from RW going forward, and for his ongoing incredibly insightful, knowledge-packed posts, that, right, wrong, or too early to tell, always make me think, and his class in how he makes his arguments and engages people in a constructive way.

Kearly is my Lincoln Memorial, for his many insightful posts, game recaps (random thoughts IIRC) and also pointing out how board members at times treat each other poorly and how that affects the quality of discussion. His absence shows how those issues can drive high-quality posters away. I miss him and his posts.

Also a special shout-out to the members who do the heavy lifting in keeping the "SEAHAWKS Depth Chart and Roster Moves" forum up-to-date!

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I'd like to see a swimsuit competition and karaoke before I vote. Aros gets a choice to pass on one event if he wants.
borat-20th-century-fox-103116.jpg

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Duncans "We have a franchise qb and his name is CHARLIE!!!" Dad
Linuxpro's Internet Lawyer
Donkospurt's My Little Pony Collection
John63's Life-size Russell Wilson Cutout

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
(Real answer: Aros, Les, Kearly, and... Scottemojo, maybe? I'm not including current posters other than the Godfather himself. I think of the old guard when I think of Rushmore, rather than the current titans of the board.)

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Clearly I am passing on the swimsuit competition. You’re welcome.
BTW. Your free pass was for the obscure Whitesnake - Love Ain't No Stranger post you made a while back. It got that cd back in rotation . I owed you one

fenderbender123

Reaction score
(Real answer: Aros, Les, Kearly, and... Scottemojo, maybe? I'm not including current posters other than the Godfather himself. I think of the old guard when I think of Rushmore, rather than the current titans of the board.)

Your first three are great choices.

Scottemojo, well, he was an even bigger whiner than me, and tried to be an internet tough guy. Threw giant hissy fits whenever posters disagreed with Kearly.

I can still remember a thread where somebody posted some gifs in a disagreement with Kearly's analysis, and Scottemojo replies saying something like "oh look! GIFS! I just LOVE GIFS!" Like, what was his deal?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Wtf.

JSahawks posting here again is a big deal. It's been like like 5 years.
Just a drive by to acknowledge that I was acknowledged. I stop by and read every now and then and was surprised to see my name.

I agree with the posters above that said Todd and Les alone on the Mount Rushmore. After that I’d put an honorable mention of about two dozen posters who’ve been the heart and soul of .net over the years.

I used to love this place like no other, but I was always hear for the laughs and stupidity and the silllyness I was never hear for the analysis, arguments and actual football discussion (although I enjoyed some of that as well).

In a lot of ways winning the Super Bowl ruined this site for me. It became too serious, expectations became too high and non-stop bickering became too prevalent.

Maybe one day the Seahawks will suck again, we’ll all come to terms with them sucking, and have fun with it and then I’ll love this place again.

Until then, go Seahawks! Go Ducks!

I’m out.

Last edited:

JPatera76

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just a drive by to acknowledge that I was acknowledged. I stop by and read every now and then and was surprised to see my name.

I agree with the posters above that said Todd and Les alone on the Mount Rushmore. After that I’d put an honorable mention of about two dozen posters who’ve been the heart and soul of .net over the years.

I used to love this place like no other, but I was always hear for the laughs and stupidity and the silllyness I was never hear for the analysis, arguments and actual football discussion (although I enjoyed some of that as well).

In a lot of ways winning the Super Bowl ruined this site for me. It became too serious, expectations became too high and non-stop bickering became too prevalent.

Maybe one day the Seahawks will suck again, we’ll all come to terms with them sucking, and have fun with it and then I’ll love this place again.

I’m out.

This is an extremely valid and very true point imo. I couldn’t have put it any better.

CouchLogic

Reaction score

I’m out.
I felt the same way, around the same time. I only recently came back and have grown to accept/enjoy what .net offers. Seems like a lot of the negative Nancy bandwagoners are gone, probably Denver/Pittsburgh fans now. I went back to see my old posts, and yeah..this place was very serious and very fanatical (myself included). That has cooled way off and the discussions are more thought provoking and not so much a flame war.

The core group here, may not be on the same page all the time....but they seem to have a mature respect for each other (even if they like to pitch one another $#!+ every so often, lol).

fenderbender123

Reaction score

I’m out.

Couldn't help but notice you avoided this place the last two years when the Huskies ruined the Ducks' seasons. Just saying....