Who’s your Seahawks Mount Rushmore

seabowl

Reaction score
Wilson
Lynch
Sherman
Wagner
You must either be a new fan or are on the younger side having not put a guy like Walter Jones on this list. He’s likely the best left tackle to ever play the game. It’s your opinion and you’re certainly entitled to it. 😊👍

WarHawks

Reaction score
Lynch or Wagner is a tough call, especially since Wagner is hof bound.

seabowl

Reaction score
The three locks in my opinion are:

Walt
Largent
Cortez

The only question for the fourth person would be Wilson versus Wagner. In my opinion, Wilson gets the nod over Wagner because he literally carried this offense for a number of years on his back and was by far the best quarterback this team has ever had.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
The only question for the fourth person would be Wilson versus Wagner. In my opinion, Wilson gets the nod over Wagner because he literally carried this offense for a number of years on his back and was by far the best quarterback this team has ever had.

He literally carried the offense on his back? Wow.

A typical NFL player weighs about 245 pounds or so. If we say about 25 players on the roster are offensive players, we end up around 6125 pounds. So you're saying Wilson was carrying about three tons of players on his back "for a number of years." That's gotta be the greatest athletic feat in human history. How did he do that? Given that he did, why doesn't his name come up when I search for "strongest man in the world"?

1656180913381-png.53541

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's easy to say Tez, Largent, Easley and Jones. Obvious (and not wrong mind you) choices.

But this recency bias with Wilson is perplexing to me. If you were to look at the records he's broken in his career with us you would be foolish to not include him. Therefore...

Wilson
Tez
Jones
Largent

hoxrox

Reaction score
Admittedly I didn't watch Largent. Definitely a fan fav, but didn't other Seahawk receivers beat his single-season records? (Engram, Doug, Lockett) Someone school me on his greatness. If he was a receiver in today's game, would he be dominating? What made him special?

Last edited:

Seahawker

Reaction score
IMHO it's ridiculous (laughable) to leave Kenny Easley off this list.
4th overall pick 81 draft, a SAFETY 4th overall. AFC DROY.
83 AFC defensive player of the year.
84 NFL defensive player of the year- 10 INT, 2 pick 6.
Before Earl, before Kam, there was someone who embodied both.

Ronnie Lott said Kenny Easley was the greatest SS to ever play the game. Years later at his HOF induction in Canton, Easley said Lott was the greatest SS to play the game. I agree with Lott, KE45 redefined the strong safety position and essentially changed the game & tilted the field though his play. It speaks volumes that #45 was voted to the HOF with only 6.5 years of play. If you want to leave him off because of limited seasons or PO wins fine, but you can not deny him because of his play.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Admittedly I didn't watch Largent. Definitely a fan fav, but didn't other Seahawk receivers beat his records? (Engram, Doug, Lockett) Someone school me on his greatness. If he was a receiver in today's game, would he be dominating? What made him special?
You just had to be there.

Sounds a bit chicken S hit as a response but it’s true.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Admittedly I didn't watch Largent. Definitely a fan fav, but didn't other Seahawk receivers beat his records? (Engram, Doug, Lockett) Someone school me on his greatness. If he was a receiver in today's game, would he be dominating? What made him special?
Yes, if you pick any two of Engram, Doug or Lockett, their combined stats would break Largent's records... pretty sure they would, anyway. It took Jerry Rice a while to pass SL80, it'll be a while until any Seahawk WR surpasses #80, if ever.

pmedic920

Reaction score
PA, Pete, Knox, Holmy.
HolyCatfish

I was completely thinking only about players.

Yea I’m going with PAUL over russ.

I’m totally aware of Russ’s accomplishments, loved him when he was here, thankful for the Trophy but he’s dead to me now.
I don’t care to see him enshrined on my Mountain.

I’ll be happy for him when/if he gets enshrined somewhere else.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Russ is on for me. He led them during their most successful period in franchise history but I can totally see the argument for others as well. Really no wrong answers but mine is:

Wilson
Jones
Largent
Sherman over Cortez but its close.

I really can't stand Sherman but his peak years are in the conversation for best ever at his position. He was really, really good and during the LOB years it was incredible that he would shut down half the field and you had guys like Rogers say he wouldn't even throw to that side. You can make a really strong case for Lynch, Wagner, Easley etc.

Mick063

Reaction score
I would put Wilson below Dave Krieg and Jim Zorn and it has nothing to do with recency bias. Having been a Seahawk fan since expansion in 1976, I can't think of a single player that has caused me to curse at my television with pent up frustration more than Wilson. I truly only loved him as a player for about five years and then I was completely done with him. The decrease in fandom wasn't gradual. It was almost overnight, and it was thorough. Regardless, the only imaginable way that one could make his relentless, habitual "3 and outs" more tolerable would be if you invited a dominatrix over to watch the game with you. In other words, someone that could professionally find a way to convert pain into pleasure. Seriously, the year before he was traded, I vowed to completely stop following the team until Wilson was gone. It was my fandom ultimatum. The team could either have me or Wilson but not both. In fact, you could easily verify that claim with just my posting history on this site. My fandom completely disappeared for an entire season. I can very, very easily identify with the Cowboy fans that are revolting because of Dak Prescott. I know the feeling because I lived it.

Perhaps this explains why I am probably the biggest Geno fan that posts here. Probably a "rescue syndrome" type of personality disorder. How else can you explain the inexplicable magnitude of schadenfreude I feel toward the Bronco organization? I mean I despised them back when Rufus Porter was chasing John Elway and to see that organization fall off of a cliff because of Wilson was pure redemption for years of building inner rage. And....it will continue with the upcoming draft. That top five pick will be my favorite Seahawk pick of all time even if the player is a bust. Purely because it was robbed from the Broncos and will perpetuate the GOAT narrative of "historically bad trades". The only thing that could make it better is if that top five pick ends up in the Hall of Fame as a "Walter Jones-level" player.

If I saw Wilson's faced carved into a mountainside along with three other deserving players, I would sneak up there at night with a hammer and chisel. I couldn't stomach the disrespect to the other deserving three.

Last edited: