Which jersey type should I get: Game or Limited?

Goldust

Reaction score
Greetings fellow fans. I made this account for the purpose of asking this question, although... I suppose you can expect me to become a regular contributor around these parts in the future.

I had tried a search and came up with nothing, but I didn't want to clutter the main forum after I'm sure jersey questions did flood it at some point within the last year.

Without further ado...my question.

I'm considering getting my first Nike Seahawks jersey (I had previously owned Engram and Bernard Reeboks; seriously), but I'm not sure whether to go with the $100 or $135 model this go-around. The $35 difference means nothing to me, so I'm just looking for the best looking and most durable product. I'm not in the area, so I can't see them up close, unfortunately.

Also, is Richard Sherman a common jersey? I wouldn't want one of those "everyone has it" jerseys. Nothing against Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch, but I can tell that they're far too prominent in the stands for my...eccentric nature.

TL;DR Should I buy the $100 game jersey or the $135 limited jersey?

jkitsune

Reaction score
I think that if the Limited is available in your player, you should get it. The $35 has much more stitching (as opposed to screen-print) and the material is a bit more durable. I think it's well worth the extra $35.

Wilson and Lynch are by far the most common jerseys, probably followed by Sherman/Thomas. If you're looking for a 'standout' name, Sherman is definitely not it. However, it's not as popular as the other two.

However, the less common names do NOT come in Limited, nor do they always come in Elite (unless you customize a jersey - see other threads for the problems associated with customized elite jerseys). There's probably 6-8 players which come in men's limited, maybe a few more.

OP
OP
Goldust

Goldust

Reaction score
I appreciate your help. I had decided that my reluctance to conform was not worth withholding my admiration for Sherman, and so I went to take a closer look at the limited jersey only to see that Sherman is not available in my size. Damn my stunningly average body. My only choices on reputable websites seem to be Wilson, Lynch, Thomas, and Rice...

I think I may have to opt for the screen printed. It's not the end of the world, but certainly disappointing after reading your testimony. I'll keep looking.

jkitsune

Reaction score
You checked the NFL pro shop, the Nike shop, and the Seahawks pro shop for your size? Sometimes the three sites (all legit) have very different selections. You can also try calling the in-person shops down by the stadium (if you're in Seattle) for help.

Edit: What's your size?

OP
OP
Goldust

Goldust

Reaction score
jkitsune":3f9pskae said:
You checked the NFL pro shop, the Nike shop, and the Seahawks pro shop for your size? Sometimes the three sites (all legit) have very different selections. You can also try calling the in-person shops down by the stadium (if you're in Seattle) for help.

Edit: What's your size?

I'm a Large.

Yes, I've checked all of those sites, and the Limited offerings are what I stated above across the three... If I can't find anything else, I think it's down to Wilson Limited or a Game of a non-ET (again, I love him and he's a great player, but I'd love to rep the others!) starter in the secondary.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Limited. Try one on before you buy. I wore a large in Reebok, but am an XL in Nike.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I'd go Limited as well. I don't have a Limited but I've seen and tried one on. The best of both worlds (Elite/Game) if you ask me.

jhawk91

Reaction score
If you can, to big and get an elite. Otherwise aid go with the limited. I noticed though that the feathers on the neck on my Lynch limited are already peeling off a bit and I've only worn it once :?

jkitsune

Reaction score
Good point about the size. If you haven't tried one on, I would before you buy. Also, I imagine they're only out of L because they're sold out, as L and XL are the most popular sizes of these jerseys. They may very well re-stock Richard Sherman before too long, and if you're anything like me, I'd prefer to wait for the right jersey.

csjwilkinson

Reaction score
Limited dude. I'd have a Michael Robinson one, but only because the guy is funny. I know that he's no longer there.

Claden

Reaction score
I'd say limited. I have a few of the game version (one being a Flynn, oops), limited and an elite. But between the game and limited, limited is worth the extra $35.

OP
OP
Goldust

Goldust

Reaction score
I appreciate the input everyone! I think I'll wait for a Sherman limited to pop up online, and if not... I may be moving to the area before year's end, so I'm sure I'll find something to my liking then.

Cheers!