Playoff Predictions Get Big or Stay Home

SeaChat

Reaction score
Everyone in this forum knows that I'm a die hard believer in this team, and in the magic of the 12th man. I read post from other members who want to look back over the past 5 years and try to draw comparisons between those seasons, and the players we had then, verses now, to try and paint a picture of what lies ahead for us in the playoffs.

Contrary to many of the naysayers and mole plants in our midst, I see some pretty promising prospects for the Seahawks going forward in the Playoffs this year and will be so bold as to predict a Super Bowl appearance. A perfect storm has been brewing in the Pacific Northwest and is about to unleash itself over the next few weeks as Seattle starts it's way down the homestretch.

The Seahawks have never been perfect, and in every season for the past five years have found a little magic here and there that has carried them, once to a Super Bowl title, once to a Super Bowl and narrow loss, and 3 times into various stages of the playoff picture.

This season, we have struggled in some of our games just as we have in every other season, it seems like a lot of folks have a case of selective amnesia about it all, and think that in past years we were near perfect, which simply isn't reality, we have been damn lucky and a little of the 12th Man magic has found its way into our games, when we needed it the most and that allowed us to get past our opponents and to the next.

This year is not at all unlike past seasons, we found ourselves in the playoffs again, and we had a damn tough time getting here, for a whole variety of reasons, a new offensive line that was as some like to describe it, was built on the cheap, I like to think as Coach Pete has said, that we have a bunch of young, super talented players who only needed experience to become great, and they are moving closer to that goal with every passing game. I think enough progress has been achieved that they will carry us through to the Super Bowl this year.

We have been plagued with injuries, but this is professional football, we have been plagued with injuries in every season and have been limited as a result. This year, at this point in time, we are almost back completely healthy, with the exception of Tyler Lockett and Earl Thomas, they are sorely missed and their absence from the game is truly felt, but their replacements are picking it up pretty fast and making better plays and fewer mistakes each week. CJ Prosise is hopefully back on board next week for us.

Many are going to scoff at this next suggestion and that's okay, it's nothing new for me to listen to some who will disagree. I think that Pete's thinking in the acquisition of Deven Hester, is two fold, and could very well heal up our sore spots left by Earl and Tyler for the remainder of the season.

If Pete's instincts are still as good as they have been, he may very well have found a way to kill two birds with one stone as the saying goes. If Deven is playing as well they are reporting that he is, and looks anywhere near as good as Pete says he has in practice this week, it might help all of us to remember, that not only is Hester quite possibly the best kickoff return man in NFL history, but also has a much overlooked history at Free Safety, and was pretty damn good at it.

If as Pete surmises, and Deven still has some serious fire power in his game, and was being truthful in his accounts, of being injured and on the mend in recent times, which accounted for some poor performances, but is fully recovered at present, and ready to give it his all, we may just put a whole new wrinkle for our opponents in our game as we head down the home stretch.

Another weak spot for us all season has been the absences of a running game or RB in general. Rawls as much as I love the guy and want nothing but success to come his way, for whatever the reasons may be, possibly still playing injured, or just not able to get it back in gear following his last injuries, we have Alex Collins who has come alive when we needed him the most, and I believe has and will continue to give us our much needed running game, coupled with the return of CJ Prosise next week hopefully, That will open up Russell's passing game, and when then happens we will light up the score boards.

Our opponents have had it way too easy all season, playing a handicapped Seahawk team, with Russell hobbling around the field on a bad knee and ankle, and no running game, the only thing we had going was Russell's arm and ability to play through his injuries and connect with a receiver corps that is unbelievably talented, and will do so much more for us now that Russell's mended up, and we are able to offer up enough diversity on the field with our running game back in action, that our opponents defenses are going to have to start accounting for both our run and our pass game, which not only opens up the doors for both to be more productive, but is going to give their defenses fits I do believe.

Yes we limped, crawled and clawed our way through this season, and got some lucky breaks along the way as well, but in spite of it all, we did a pretty damn good job, working with what he had going for us, and at the end of the day found ourselves in the playoff hunt, where we belong.

Right now I think that our Offense and the Defense are both pretty solid, and I guess we will see if that summation is true or not tomorrow night in the CLINK. People are talking about if we should be fearing the Falcon's, or Green Bay, or Dallas, or the Giant's, and I say hell no, if things unfold like I predict that they will, they are the ones who are going to be being asked that same question, by their fans, about having to face the Seattle Seahawks, and my answer to them is "YES, BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID", because we are coming for your asses and it's not going to be pretty when we meet again.

I BELIEVE Go Seahawks !!!

evergreen

Reaction score
I predict the Real Russell Wilson shows up. That makes the offense potent and takes pressure off the line because he hits open receivers and we score points. That makes it easier for our defense and makes the kicking game less of a factor and we win decisively. I also predict that the reason we win is Russell Wilson actually out runs some people and that's what opens up our offense. He gets better and we beat Atlanta in a close game. Then we get to play NE! and win on a pass from the 1 yard line as time expires to Jimmy Graham.

HommyHawk

Reaction score
Dude you're in my head...I'm right there with you let's go!!!!!! Four the hard way!!! Go Hawks!!!!!

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Strange, only 2 teams from the NFC that were in the playoff's last year is playing this year, and GB almost didn't make it.