Where do you get your hope for next season?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Hope? I don't need no stinkin hope. The calendar is all I need. I don't need hope when I have knowledge. I have knowledge that the Seahawks will be involved in free agency in about a month. I have knowledge that they will be involved in the draft in a couple of months. I have knowledge that they will be opening training camp in about 6 months. I have knowledge that they will be participating in the 2022 season in about 7 months. Unless humanity is wiped out by a catastrophic event, then I have no knowledge.

I don't live and die with every move, every play, every win or loss like I used to. Following a football team is purely entertainment. Nothing more nothing less. Am I entertained through free agency gains and losses? Absolutely! Am I entertained by the draft? Without a doubt. Am I entertained by training camp battles, news and preseason games? Most certainly. Am I entertained by regular season offensive and defensive plays? Yep. Am I entertained by wins and losses? Sure thing. Do I find myself disappointed when they lose? Definately.

I wish they could win every game. I wish they could win every Super Bowl. If those wishes came true, it would be pretty damn boring after awhile. The entertainment of not knowing what will happen would be gone. There would be no more excitement. There would be no more racing heart rate wondering if they could pull it out for a win. I have seen almost every game the Seahawks have played in since their inception in 1976. Any games I didn't see were out of my control. If I didn't see them I listened to them on the radio. Have I been entertained by every single one? Absolutely without a doubt. Have I been disappointed? I'm a Seahawks fan. Of course I have.

Over time, the disappointments fade and the excitement memories remain. Overall, do I feel good about my Seahawks fandom? No question. Anyone that knows me knows the Seahawks are right near the top of my passions. I don't need hope. At least not when it comes to the entertainment aspects of my life.

Do I hope they nail free agency? Please!! Do I hope they hit on some draft picks as difference makers? Every year! Do I hope they have a great 22 season and go deep into the playoffs? Always! I don't need hope. I have plenty of it. I learned a long time ago that its just a game and I have absolutely no impact on any success or failures the Seahawks may have. I haven't had any impact on a football game since I was a too small, too slow RB way back in HS.

Enjoying the offseason and hoping the stars align for a successful 2022 season.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
This is my only hope for next season:

1) If RW does NOT get traded, maybe he finally realizes he needs to play within his limitations and attempts to utilize parts of the field he usually does not....MAYBE

2) This is speculation but the big meeting that happened I'm pretty sure was Jody Allen telling Pete next season he was on the hot seat. KNJ is the final pawn before it's obviously his ass next. Because of that either PC will force a team to be built and play to what he wants it to be and hopefully could be more successful (without RW) and he keeps his job, or RW stays and he works with gameplans with adjustments that makes the team better and not so predictable or its finally enough to where PC has shown enough to Jody Allen that its time to move on the following season (which gives me hope for 2024+).

SO that's where I'm at.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1y4nqieu said:
Hope? I don't need no stinkin hope. The calendar is all I need. I don't need hope when I have knowledge. I have knowledge that the Seahawks will be involved in free agency in about a month. I have knowledge that they will be involved in the draft in a couple of months. I have knowledge that they will be opening training camp in about 6 months. I have knowledge that they will be participating in the 2022 season in about 7 months. Unless humanity is wiped out by a catastrophic event, then I have no knowledge.

I don't live and die with every move, every play, every win or loss like I used to. Following a football team is purely entertainment. Nothing more nothing less. Am I entertained through free agency gains and losses? Absolutely! Am I entertained by the draft? Without a doubt. Am I entertained by training camp battles, news and preseason games? Most certainly. Am I entertained by regular season offensive and defensive plays? Yep. Am I entertained by wins and losses? Sure thing. Do I find myself disappointed when they lose? Definately.

I wish they could win every game. I wish they could win every Super Bowl. If those wishes came true, it would be pretty damn boring after awhile. The entertainment of not knowing what will happen would be gone. There would be no more excitement. There would be no more racing heart rate wondering if they could pull it out for a win. I have seen almost every game the Seahawks have played in since their inception in 1976. Any games I didn't see were out of my control. If I didn't see them I listened to them on the radio. Have I been entertained by every single one? Absolutely without a doubt. Have I been disappointed? I'm a Seahawks fan. Of course I have.

Over time, the disappointments fade and the excitement memories remain. Overall, do I feel good about my Seahawks fandom? No question. Anyone that knows me knows the Seahawks are right near the top of my passions. I don't need hope. At least not when it comes to the entertainment aspects of my life.

Do I hope they nail free agency? Please!! Do I hope they hit on some draft picks as difference makers? Every year! Do I hope they have a great 22 season and go deep into the playoffs? Always! I don't need hope. I have plenty of it. I learned a long time ago that its just a game and I have absolutely no impact on any success or failures the Seahawks may have. I haven't had any impact on a football game since I was a too small, too slow RB way back in HS.

Posts like this make a rather strong and convincing case for adding a "like" button to .NET.

Thanks for the 30,000' perspective, and one that, with many years of experience behind it, reveals what's really important and what isn't.

Jville

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3v2ddj0l said:

Good to know that there are others than enjoy the complete story of each and every year. I find that following the details of an annual process provides year round enjoyment and entertainment.

"Jammerhawk" recorded 329 transactions since the beginning of last year's free agency. That's valuable content details for each chapter written annually. I suspect that settling for cliff notes bypasses those details and a lot more. And in so doing, bypasses and misses out on a lot of joy and entertainment details.

Sac

Reaction score
The fact that we had so many injuries this year and we've got a lot of young guys that are starting to come into their own finally.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Lol at the lot of you. Pathetic.

When I used to post here a lot, I loved the Rams same as I do now.

And they were always losing.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thank you for that post Red Alice!

It won’t succeed in bringing perspective to all the Eeyore’s around here but it does remind me how much I despise the Rams while respecting their stars.

I wish them success on Sunday but for ulterior motives as undoubtedly more than a few of their players will want their team to show them the money and their unsustainable team building methodology will finally crash.

With every team there is good and bad and you hope the good outweighs the bad more than occasionally.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
RedAlice":kt1rnmpk said:

Pathetic is hanging around other teams message boards when you are in the Suoer Bowl and not playing them. That is truly pathetic.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RedAlice":1lz11igg said:

Congratulations on being the only Rams fan in existence. You're like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster, we've only heard whispers and fairy tales of an actual real Ram's fan.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":sw0j4wff said:
RedAlice":sw0j4wff said:

Pathetic is hanging around other teams message boards when you are in the Suoer Bowl and not playing them. That is truly pathetic.

Not that I needed any more reasons to root for the Bengals to win the Super Bowl, but her special brand of drunken idiocy is one.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Pete Carroll will never again coach a team to the NFCCG. So there is no hope.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3g54o3xg said:
RedAlice":3g54o3xg said:

Congratulations on being the only Rams fan in existence. You're like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster, we've only heard whispers and fairy tales of an actual real Ram's fan.

LOL!!!

Red Alice has been around here lots over the years and several here think he's really a closet Hawks fan when he isn't pressing his Ram fandom. He's a good guy and a reasonable guy to debate with, but he is a rare bird as observed "a Rams fan".

More frontrunners will join their bandwagon soon and if they win this weekend perhaps even the Rams may have sell outs at their new shiny facility next season and not be outnumbered there by 49ers, Seahawks, or Cardinals fans.

Fade

Reaction score
Hope? A fool's hope, maybe.

Allow me to paint a hallucinogenic picture which leads the Seahawks to the Super Bowl.

Pete Carroll at the end of the season met with Jodi Allen & Co. and behind the scenes they encouraged a reduction of Pete's role, Pete realizing he is 70+ years of age agreed. It was an easy choice for him based on how things have been going, especially needing more help on the X's & O's side. So the plan is in place to defer much more than he ever has and act more in line with what a traditional head coach is. (Pete has more power over any organization and that includes Belichick since Paul Allen's death.)

The Shanny/McVay offense is complicated and QBs usually dip in their first year in it, and then pop in year 2. Rodgers and Matt Ryan were pedestrian in year 1 in this system and then exploded to win MVP in year 2. Wilson picking up where he left off at the end of the season continues a torrid pace for all of 2022.

Penny comes back on a 1 year prove it deal, and is looking to REALLY PROVE IT. Penny & Wilson become the perfect compliment. Light boxes they run, heavy boxes they throw over the top. They split votes so neither win the MVP. But the Seahawks essentially have 2 MVPs.

Wilson setting the single season passer rating record, and Penny having the highest YPC by a running back with 250+ carries ever. The most efficient QB & RB in league history on the same team in the same season. Mahomes wins the MVP with worse numbers and less wins than Wilson.

DK doesn't get an extension during the off-season and is pissed. The anger fuels him and he has his best season, solidifying him as one of the best WRs in the NFL, finally learning how to catch the ball consistently in contested situations. Lockett just continues being Lockett.

Eskridge takes a quantum leap, becoming the most feared deep ball threat since, Tyreek Hill. An absolute burner, teams don't know what to do because Lockett and Metcalf already draw the most attention, opposing DC's heads explode. A few are caught vomiting on the sidelines as the cameras pan over, others burn timeouts to yell at their players giving them a good tongue-lashing, some getting suspended for getting violent in their anger and frustration.

The greatest offense of all-time, opposing DBs fake injuries to not get posterized and embarrassed, especially by DK. Jalen Ramsey does this in their 2nd meeting because in the 1st, DK put 4 TDs on him.

They find a way to upgrade the LG & C positions in the off-season and Wilson enjoys the best protection he has ever had. They end up ranking… 14th! :shock: (via PFF.)

Pete is at the draft, but JS is in full control. It's a humdinger. They draft 3 future HoFers (C, 3T, CB) that all become immediate contributors. When the media asks questions about the picks. Pete smiles and nods, stating it was John's draft and he knocked it out of the park.

In Free Agency they sign Terron Armstead who makes 1st Team All-Pro, and Chandler Jones who ends up leading the league in sacks, also 1st Team All-Pro.

Defensively they look totally different. As if Vic Fangio is the DC. They stop the run with 7, and have a 2-high look that is constantly shifting post snap, opposing QBs cannot figure it out, and Seattle forces the most turnovers in 8 years, leading the league. Pete is just chilling in the defensive meetings, and on the sidelines on gameday, listening to the Dead on his headset, chewing Juicy Fruit.

In his postgame press conferences he gives credit to his young coaches but keeps saying the oddest things coming straight out of left field. The media ignores this as per usual, continuing to ask softball questions, making it hard to learn anything significant about the team.

The Seahawks get the #1 Seed due to a softer than expected out of division schedule, and the Rams finally have a let down season where everything goes wrong.

The other 3 times the Seahawks have gotten the #1 seed they made the Super Bowl, so once again they make it. They end up facing the Chiefs in the Owl. MVP: Mahomes throws three picks with the Hawks winning in a blowout. Pete retires as HC but stays on board as an executive, Waldron takes over as HC in fear of losing him to another team.

The Rookie CB wins Super Bowl MVP. Some members of .NET continue to question whether Wilson is elite and that they should probably trade him since he didn't win League MVP, or Super Bowl MVP.

F270a9045a77718332Ftumblr ms41pu0dsf1qab9ivo1 400

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fade":1j41q3qs said:

Allow me to paint a hallucinogenic picture which leads the Seahawks to the Super Bowl.

Pete Carroll at the end of the season met with Jodi Allen & Co. and behind the scenes they encouraged a reduction of Pete's role, Pete realizing he is 70+ years of age agreed. It was an easy choice for him based on how things have been going, especially needing more help on the X's & O's side. So the plan is in place to defer much more than he ever has and act more in line with what a traditional head coach is. (Pete has more power over any organization and that includes Belichick since Paul Allen's death.)

The Shanny/McVay offense is complicated and QBs usually dip in their first year in it, and then pop in year 2. Rodgers and Matt Ryan were pedestrian in year 1 in this system and then exploded to win MVP in year 2. Wilson picking up where he left off at the end of the season continues a torrid pace for all of 2022.

Penny comes back on a 1 year prove it deal, and is looking to REALLY PROVE IT. Penny & Wilson become the perfect compliment. Light boxes they run, heavy boxes they throw over the top. They split votes so neither win the MVP. But the Seahawks essentially have 2 MVPs.

Wilson setting the single season passer rating record, and Penny having the highest YPC by a running back with 250+ carries ever. The most efficient QB & RB in league history on the same team in the same season. Mahomes wins the MVP with worse numbers and less wins than Wilson.

DK doesn't get an extension during the off-season and is pissed. The anger fuels him and he has his best season, solidifying him as one of the best WRs in the NFL, finally learning how to catch the ball consistently in contested situations. Lockett just continues being Lockett.

Eskridge takes a quantum leap, becoming the most feared deep ball threat since, Tyreek Hill. An absolute burner, teams don't know what to do because Lockett and Metcalf already draw the most attention, opposing DC's heads explode. A few are caught vomiting on the sidelines as the cameras pan over, others burn timeouts to yell at their players giving them a good tongue-lashing, some getting suspended for getting violent in their anger and frustration.

The greatest offense of all-time, opposing DBs fake injuries to not get posterized and embarrassed, especially by DK. Jalen Ramsey does this in their 2nd meeting because in the 1st, DK put 4 TDs on him.

They find a way to upgrade the LG & C positions in the off-season and Wilson enjoys the best protection he has ever had. They end up ranking… 14th! :shock: (via PFF.)

Pete is at the draft, but JS is in full control. It's a humdinger. They draft 3 future HoFers (C, 3T, CB) that all become immediate contributors. When the media asks questions about the picks. Pete smiles and nods, stating it was John's draft and he knocked it out of the park.

In Free Agency they sign Terron Armstead who makes 1st Team All-Pro, and Chandler Jones who ends up leading the league in sacks, also 1st Team All-Pro.

Defensively they look totally different. As if Vic Fangio is the DC. They stop the run with 7, and have a 2-high look that is constantly shifting post snap, opposing QBs cannot figure it out, and Seattle forces the most turnovers in 8 years, leading the league. Pete is just chilling in the defensive meetings, and on the sidelines on gameday, listening to the Dead on his headset, chewing Juicy Fruit.

In his postgame press conferences he gives credit to his young coaches but keeps saying the oddest things coming straight out of left field. The media ignores this as per usual, continuing to ask softball questions, making it hard to learn anything significant about the team.

The Seahawks get the #1 Seed due to a softer than expected out of division schedule, and the Rams finally have a let down season where everything goes wrong.

The other 3 times the Seahawks have gotten the #1 seed they made the Super Bowl, so once again they make it. They end up facing the Chiefs in the Owl. MVP: Mahomes throws three picks with the Hawks winning in a blowout. Pete retires as HC but stays on board as an executive, Waldron takes over as HC in fear of losing him to another team.

The Rookie CB wins Super Bowl MVP. Some members of .NET continue to question whether Wilson is elite and that they should probably trade him since he didn't win League MVP, or Super Bowl MVP.

F270a9045a77718332Ftumblr ms41pu0dsf1qab9ivo1 400

Jody*

Own The West

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2bxifogi said:
oldhawkfan":2bxifogi said:

Posts like this make a rather strong and convincing case for adding a "like" button to .NET.

Thanks for the 30,000' perspective, and one that, with many years of experience behind it, reveals what's really important and what isn't.

+1

Own The West

Reaction score
I have hope just because it's February. We're 7 months away from the season kickoff. Who knows what this team will look like by then. We'll probably say goodbye to some fan favorites, and then jump up and down about a some big name free agent signing...

Will we make the Super Bowl? Who knows? There's about 80 people that need to click to make a championship football team. Why not us?

GemCity

Reaction score

View attachment 52930
Probably my favorite post ever.

Not probably…definitely. Thx Fade.