What I LOVE about our offense nowadays

evergreen

Reaction score
The offense is the best we've had in a long time if ever. The D is young and hungry and just getting better. It's hard not to see it and feel it. Except this time we improved a couple of year's worth in a few weeks. We're loaded!

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I also Like that PC and JS, look reborne so to speak, they seem to have a new found enthusiasm, a bigger wad of gum and bigger spring in their step. I can only think back the past couple of years and wonder what kind of hell they must have been going through with obviously a very narcissistic team leader and how they could handle it.. They have got to be some kind of happy.

BASF

Reaction score
The offense is the best we've had in a long time if ever.
If only Robinson and Stevens could have stayed sober, that would not be an accurate statement.
If only Warner had not blown out his knee in game one, that would not be an accurate statement.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I also Like that PC and JS, look reborne so to speak, they seem to have a new found enthusiasm, a bigger wad of gum and bigger spring in their step. I can only think back the past couple of years and wonder what kind of hell they must have been going through with obviously a very narcissistic team leader and how they could handle it.. They have got to be some kind of happy.
Yep, and this extends to their team building philosophy. They've got some bad draft misses, but their drafts were usually with non-premium capital because they kept trying to extend that window for Russ. Drafting for need, all that stuff.

Clearly, something changed when they traded Russ. They had no problem going back to their greatest hits style of building the roster.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Now I just need to see a great Geno comeback drive.

The pick-six this last Sunday put the Cardinals ahead 14-10. Smith then led the Seahawks on a 13-play, 75-yard touchdown drive, putting the Seahawks ahead 17-14, and the Seahawks then led for the rest of the game.

So we saw Smith lead a great comeback drive in the last game.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I like that we get to the line fast and we don't take a ton of drive killing sacks because the QB holds the ball too long.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, he did on to the ball too long on a few occasions on Sunday. But it still is an improvement overall.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I like that it's getting it done without needing heroic play. You can't count on Houdini to show up every game. Geno is getting it done with workman like precision. It's repeatable game after game. That's not to say that he's hasn't made some escapes, he has, but it's not his entire bag of tricks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Take what the defense gives you. Shoot, just look at the time of possession this year. MASSIVE improvement overall imo. Also, their 3rd down conversion rate has been excellent imo. That contributes to much longer drives, keeping the clock moving, keeping the defense more fresh, all of it.

chrispy

Reaction score
Interesting SI article from midpoint of 2031 season. It, pretty much, validates all the points above that weren't working a year ago. As frustrating a read as it was last year, very enjoyable now.

5 worst storylines of 2021 for Seahawks....
SI article

BamKam

Reaction score
I like how we don’t have to blame the O Line, Offensive Coordinator, Weapons, or defense for a QB who runs into sacks and won’t step up into the pocket, always looking for the hero ball throw, receivers for “not getting any separation”, or a defense that needs to play 40 possessions a game because of a million 3 and outs.

I also like how our coach who loves to coach/compete in football looks like he is actually having fun again and not stressing out every game. Also a GM who is also having fun who now gets to make moves based on what’s best for the roster and not 1 players.

Anyone who isn’t admitting what the problem has been the past few years at this point is kidding themselves.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Or we could just enjoy what we are seeing instead of beating the horse over and over again? He's long since dead. We all get it, things are better now.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Or we could just enjoy what we are seeing instead of beating the horse over and over again? He's long since dead. We all get it, things are better now.
What if I enjoy beating the horse? Let's Beat It!

For me, it's still sinking in what dead weight Russell appears to have become. After so many years of thinking of him as the heart of the team, it's hard to square the past with the evolving present.

BamKam

Reaction score

What’s your deal? Let people post what they want to. Why do you have to rush to every single post that insinuates something about Russ and tell people to move on? It’s honestly ridiculous and pretty sad.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just having some fun. I think you'll survive. Put me on ignore if you need to. Problem solved.

What's your deal?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
says the guy who wants to beat the horse over and over again. Do you, whatever gets you thru the day.
I couldn't give a rats ass what you think of me. Don't like it, put me on ignore. Simple

BamKam

Reaction score
Lol right you don’t care that’s why you have been on every single post since Russ has been traded. You are “just having fun” yet the keyboard rage and gnashing of teeth can be felt through every one of your posts lmao.