We need high draft pick Linebackers next year

strohmin

Reaction score
I really believe if we take atleast 1 competent LB next year, we would actually be a contender. Right now, we have the most clueless Linebacking group in the entire NFL. They cannot read anything and cannot shed blocks. We have to fix this next year. I think this year is a lost cause anyway.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Whole front 7 needs to be remade. Brooks has the speed and talent but is so often out of position that he’s a liability. Nwosu has been a nice surprise, Al Woods still rockin for us but he’s near retirement. Otherwise…. There’s absolutely no one worth keeping. Bunch of soft dudes who can’t generate pressure or stop the run. Full makeover.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
It’s been a glaring, glowing beacon of deficiencies this season. it’s some of the worst LB play I’ve ever seen. D line is not to far behind .

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
We don't have a field general like Wagner on defense. Brooks is not a cerebral player here like Wagner was -- to be fair it's also his first year at MLB. None of our LB's seem to be capable of shedding blocks and attacking gaps.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I dont trust PC and JS to draft any defensive players...
As I REALLY don't trust PC or Hurtt/Desai.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Whole front 7 needs to be remade. Brooks has the speed and talent but is so often out of position that he’s a liability. Nwosu has been a nice surprise, Al Woods still rockin for us but he’s near retirement. Otherwise…. There’s absolutely no one worth keeping. Bunch of soft dudes who can’t generate pressure or stop the run. Full makeover.
this.... we have 1 serviceable lb and Nwosu. Woods should be a luxury not a need for a good team but i shudder at how bad this front 7 would be without him. This team needs a big time talent upgrade in the trenches and linebackers.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
The 2023 NFL draft is weak for Linebackers. There are 3 within the top 100 players. I hope we will look for the best free agent Linebacker available, rather than draft high.

But, we should spend our #1 choice on Jalen Carter. This is a also deep draft for defensive linemen and it looks like we need some "run stopping power". You can't coach up size or speed and there seems to be a lot of talent here in the top 100 players. Maybe we should take a pair of defensive linemen this draft!!! Let's see what the combine testing brings...

Check the links for draft prospects by position.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/linebackers

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/defensive-linemen

Last edited:

morgulon1

Reaction score
Need several players on the front 7, not just a linebacker. They also need a center who can run block. They need a very good draft and a couple free agent signings. Maybe a competent defensive coordinator wouldn't hurtt
I approve this message.

Our defensive line is getting ran over , pushed around, gashed , punked .

As cool as everyone thinks Blythe is ...
He gets man handled . Seattle needs
A big time center to take things up a notch.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I really believe if we take atleast 1 competent LB next year, we would actually be a contender. Right now, we have the most clueless Linebacking group in the entire NFL. They cannot read anything and cannot shed blocks. We have to fix this next year. I think this year is a lost cause anyway.
Linebackers don’t do much good without a competent d-line. We need guys who eat blocks and take on double teams so the lb’s can run free.

And I’m not disagreeing that our lb’s are average at best.

GemCity

Reaction score
The 2023 NFL draft is weak for Linebackers. There are 3 within the top 100 players. I hope we will look for the best free agent Linebacker available, rather than draft high.

But, we should spend our #1 choice on Jalen Carter. This is a also deep draft for defensive linemen and it looks like we need some "run stopping power". You can't coach up size or speed and there seems to be a lot of talent here in the top 100 players. Maybe we should take a pair of defensive linemen this draft!!! Let's see what the combine testing brings...

💯

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
The right quarterback in the draft would be great, especially at the low cost of a rookie contract over the years, giving some "Cap space relief".

But, we have a team leading quarterback now and with Lock as a "trainee", we have a good and "cost effective" group going forward. Sign Geno and I bet Lock will be available for a low contract out of team loyalty.

We should take our time and draft "the right one". If that quarterback is available this year among the top choices...go for it. But I think we have what we need for the next few years.

Draft Jalen Carter.

Go Hawks...

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score

Absolutely double up on DL. Carter with first pick. Then Calijah Kancey, or Siaki Ika in the second... I hope we stay at #2

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'd be tempted to agree need-wise, but the draft isn't an unlimited store of talent. This ILB class is legitimately awful. They're all tiny.

It's pretty much Sewell or bust, it seems?

Chuckwow

Reaction score

Carter is my dream pick but I don't see us moving up to get him. Houston could and should swap picks with Chicago and the Bears will make Carter #1 becuz they think they already have a QB.

With that, I'd also like to trade down, garner another first in the process giving us 3 in the first 15(?) and id use those picks on a couple Clemson team mates, Murphy and Simpson. With our 3rd first, trading down could happen here again but I wouldn't let Bijan Robinson go to another team. Then we still have a couple great 2nds for a DL and or center. Id love to see Robinson and Walker push each other and our OL should (?) be much improved next year...especially with the add of a stud center.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Carter is my dream pick but I don't see us moving up to get him. Houston could and should swap picks with Chicago and the Bears will make Carter #1 becuz they think they already have a QB.

With that, I'd also like to trade down, garner another first in the process giving us 3 in the first 15(?) and id use those picks on a couple Clemson team mates, Murphy and Simpson. With our 3rd first, trading down could happen here again but I wouldn't let Bijan Robinson go to another team. Then we still have a couple great 2nds for a DL and or center. Id love to see Robinson and Walker push each other and our OL should (?) be much improved next year...especially with the add of a stud center.
If the hawks are at two, there is no way that Houston risks not getting the QB at one that they want. Seattle could legitimately go either way.