Do we really need a high pick at WR?

Draft a WR?

• 2nd Round (Worthy, Franklin, Legette, McConkey, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I've seen a few people posting about it, what say ye? Personally, I don't think so. We have Lockett, DK, JSN, and Bobo already on our roster through next year, why spend a high draft pick at WR this next draft? I could see 5th round through UDFA, but anything higher than a 5th just seems like a waste to me...

sutz

Reaction score
Would hate to pass on someone like Odunze, though I doubt we get a shot at him anyway, but it's definitely not a need. 3rd round or later for me. We need some beef/attitude on D.

Jville

Reaction score
Nope. 3rd day pick at the highest. We've already spent more draft capital on offensive position players than I'm comfortable with. Time to start giving the big uglies some love.

I hear that!

I'm comfortable with them reaching for the big guys.

I see it as a supply and demand necessity.

RiverDog

Reaction score
More so than other positions, you can pick up some really good WR's in the later rounds or even UFDA's. Just take a look at Jake Bobo. The Rams' Puka Nacua was a 5th round pick. Our two starting wide receivers in SB49 were both UDFA's. Especially since we don't have a need for a WR, it makes sense to look for the diamond in the rough at that position instead of spending valuable draft capital on someone like Eskridge.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I stand by my thinking that Tyler Lockett will retire soon.

Not sure if it’s this off season or next off season but the man has aspirations outside of football and that’s not to be taken lightly.

He’s successful in his NFL career thus far and I can see him retiring on his own decision. I can see Tyler retiring cause he’s healthy and should retire while he’s healthy.

Tyler will go down as a Top-3 Seahawks receiver of all-time if he retires after this season.

If Tyler retires, Seattle, could take Odunze, would they, most likely not.

DK, JSN, Bobo, is a helluva of a tandem and you would be better suited to draft a lineman with the first round pick and if you want receiver so badly, a later round pick could be had for receiver.

This current Seattle roster needs trench players.

I honestly think even offensive tackle could be suggested as the pick as well. Not sure, if Lucas, will play a lot throughout his career. His injuries seem to be questionable and/or very big concerns.

Seattle still needs a dominating defensive tackle/nose tackle in the worst way. I think Seattle needs address the inside interior presence on defense with the first round to have some resemblance of beating opponents in the trenches.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I stand by my thinking that Tyler Lockett will retire soon.

Not sure if it’s this off season or next off season but the man has aspirations outside of football and that’s not to be taken lightly.

He’s successful in his NFL career thus far and I can see him retiring on his own decision. I can see Tyler retiring cause he’s healthy and should retire while he’s healthy.

Tyler will go down as a Top-3 Seahawks receiver of all-time if he retires after this season.

If Tyler retires, Seattle, could take Odunze, would they, most likely not.

DK, JSN, Bobo, is a helluva of a tandem and you would be better suited to draft a lineman with the first round pick and if you want receiver so badly, a later round pick could be had for receiver.

This current Seattle roster needs trench players.

I honestly think even offensive tackle could be suggested as the pick as well. Not sure, if Lucas, will play a lot throughout his career. His injuries seem to be questionable and/or very big concerns.

Seattle still needs a dominating defensive tackle/nose tackle in the worst way. I think Seattle needs address the inside interior presence on defense with the first round to have some resemblance of beating opponents in the trenches.
We need to build a team to beat the 49ers and Rams. They have some Pro Bowl studs in the trenches. We need some of our own.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
WR priority ... LAST
RB priority ... 2nd to last

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Next man up, if a good prospect is sitting their waiting, sure. Not sure it's a priority in the draft? Maybe kick the tires on a good vet? Tyler will need a replacement sooner rather than later, not sure this draft is the way to go here. That's just me though, Lockett has looked fine this year, time waits for no man though.

Torc

Reaction score
If Tyler retires, I'm pretty comfortable with DK and JSN as our top receivers, with Bobo at #3 and anyone-but-Eskridge at number 4. If Tyler doesn't retire, I'm even more comfortable with our top 4. Not sure why we'd even consider a receiver in the draft. As others have said, far better to get some big guys. Our lines and LBers need some help.