We need high draft pick Linebackers next year

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Denver's two is almost in the first round. I want to see our first three picks go to front 7. Draft a QB with our own second pick or later, and let him develop behind Geno for his first year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The thread title reads "we need" to draft high pick Linebackers. No, we don't.

I don't think so either. But we do need to use the high picks on D-linemen.

You don't get game changing elite DT's and edge rushers in free agency, you just don't. Not ones that you can plug in for a decade, maybe for a year or two tops.

massari

Reaction score
You don't get game changing elite DT's and edge rushers in free agency, you just don't. Not ones that you can plug in for a decade, maybe for a year or two tops.
Like Bennett and Avril? Nwosu looks like the real deal as well. It's even more rare to find elite game changing free agent QBs to plug in for a decade.

Drafting for positional needs is idiotic. BPA or bust.

Last edited:

knownone

Reaction score
Linebacker is not a premium position unless they can rush the passer. And this draft doesn't appear to have any elite LBs.

I like the idea of Will Anderson or Jalen Carter with our top pick. Anderson, in particular, is one of the best run defenders off the edge. I'm less sold on Carter (based on my superficial youtube analysis). He looks like an excellent all-around player, but he is not quite a difference-maker worthy of the #2 pick (in my eyes).

There is a lot of DT/LB/Edge depth in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. So whichever avenue we take, we'll be able to fill other holes with decent prospects.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Like Bennett and Avril? Nwosu looks like the real deal as well. It's even more rare to find elite game changing free agent QBs to plug in for a decade.

Drafting for positional needs is idiotic. BPA or bust.

Every single one of our home run draft picks this year was out of need.

That's a misnomer, of course teams draft for need. Best available player at positions of need, that's how GM's and coaches look at the draft.

massari

Reaction score
Every single one of our home run draft picks this year was out of need.

That's a misnomer, of course teams draft for need. Best available player at positions of need, that's how GM's and coaches look at the draft.
Those guys were considered among the best players available, though. LJ Collier is a classic example of drafting for positional need. He was not among the best players available, and it was not wise to pick him.

Wait and see who's available before demanding "we need" to pick a certain position.