We didn't get a new broom .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Pete was not cancer. I think some of the players were, and his message was getting lost. It was time for him to go.

Compair the hit rates of JS against any other gm and he going to be very high on the list of top GMs. It's his time to show what he has, and if this draft is an indication of future drafts I'm all about it.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm smelling what the OP is dropping.

Essentially, since Pete and John were working together that got the team into this insurmountable mess that he should've been canned along with Pete so the whole team goes in a new direction, not just making Pete the fall guy for John's inadequacies as a GM.

And I agree. Five years from now, after a string of 9-8 seasons, we'll look back and think "shoot, we really haven't gone anywhere."

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Xray had his usual cup of negativity again today and is repeating his usual position that anything to do with the Carrol regime has to be eliminated.

You'd think with the new coaching change there might be some respite while the new regime was assessed.

toffee

Reaction score
The majority opinion, from ownership down to 12s on dot net: Pete was the problem.
Two minority opinions, Pete wasn't the problem, John was, or both needed to go.

We shall find out.

strohmin

Reaction score
I see what you are saying but the players we got in trades because of John were actually great. The problem was Pete made them worse by playing to their weakness and teaching them to be so full of themselves that they lose any accountability what so ever. Keeping John was the right move because our rosters were actually full of talent but were always underperforming because of coaching.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score

What on earth makes you think John (or Pete for that matter) are cancer? Good lord man, what are you drinking for breakfast?
It's a euphemism Einstein .

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
You say that now?

We just had a pretty good draft, did you not see that?
So what...the picks he made a monkey could of figured out . When a team has so many holes and needs as the Hawks have JS could of thrown darts and made picks . My question is, why so many needs for so many years ? HUH ? Btw...there are only 2 picks that may stick .

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
JS and PC were like 2 heads of a snake . They both needed to go or nothing really has changed . We don't know if the new rookie HC with a staff of newbies to the NFL will be worth a damn either . Blind faith in JS is for folks that weren't paying attention for the last 10 years .

toffee

Reaction score
So what...the picks he made a monkey could of figured out . When a team has so many holes and needs as the Hawks have JS could of thrown darts and made picks . My question is, why so many needs for so many years ? HUH ? Btw...there are only 2 picks that may stick .

We have three drafts to rebuild our team, and we just drafted the year three, do we see enough difference-makers here? In these three drafts, we drafted:

We drafted 27 players, with 8 in first two rounds.
SIX offense linemen, Cross has been mediocre, Lucas was good, Bradford and Olu subpar.
THREE running backs, K9 is great.
SIX cornerbacks, Witherspoon is great, Woolen may be very good,

Last edited:
OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
I see what you are saying but the players we got in trades because of John were actually great. The problem was Pete made them worse by playing to their weakness and teaching them to be so full of themselves that they lose any accountability what so ever. Keeping John was the right move because our rosters were actually full of talent but were always underperforming because of coaching.
Most of the past draft picks that left over the years , couldn't make the grade on other teams either .

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
What on earth makes you think John (or Pete for that matter) are cancer? Good lord man, what are you drinking for breakfast?
I know bad coaches. Bears fans ought to know — guys like trestman, Fox, Dooley, Gibron. Pete was a very good coach.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
This is a pure time waster for offseason, let's talk about our draftees from 2021-2023

We have three drafts to rebuild our team, and we just drafted the year three, do we see enough difference-makers here?
So tell me what you think the win/ loss record will be this year , cuz that's all that really matters . I'll wait . 😴

had2bhawk

Reaction score
JS and PC were like 2 heads of a snake . They both needed to go or nothing really has changed . We don't know if the new rookie HC with a staff of newbies to the NFL will be worth a damn either . Blind faith in JS is for folks that weren't paying attention for the last 10 years .
Nah, I think PC had Paul's sister Buffaloed.

toffee

Reaction score
So tell me what you think the win/ loss record will be this year , cuz that's all that really matters . I'll wait . 😴

Mcdonald is billed as a genius, an introverted one as most real geniuses were introverts. IF that lost his marbles Pete can bring his team to 9-8, I ain't settle for anything less than 10-7, we the 12s have every reason to expect 11-6 or better. This is not a joke we are one draft richer and a genius coach that we waited and waited and waited till the last minute to sign. 10-7 is minimum.

12th Dimension

Reaction score
Nah. JS seems like a great guy who loves what he does. Let's give him a few years. He has a plan, let's see what he can do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.