Washington Nationals @ Seattle Mariners Jun 26-28

Threedee

Reaction score
Not sure why Williams made the final pickoff move on Kelenic, seeing as how the new rule basically guaranteed him second base.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I think the ump had plans tonight on that last pitch. :LOL:

They beat a team they should beat. Some good things tonight overall with the offense. Wish they could string that over a few games.

Castillo had a bit of a soft start, but finished with a quality start and went 7 full innings.

Let's see if they can do 2 in a row tomorrow night.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
well someone did it.. Always said the M's or The Hawks should play Country roads like the RedSox does Sweet Caroline. Well done JK

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
FINALLY we saw a well managed game by Servais. Keep aggressive on the base path and good things can happen. Esp. for a team that is offensively challenged. They generated some runs directly because they were aggressive. I don't give a rip who they were playing, they had a solid game plan, and it worked.
7 innings and 2 earned runs, pretty solid. A slow start is nothing new for great pitchers. It has been that way for decades. Get to them early or you're toast.
Not his best game, but 2 earned runs over 7 innings is pretty solid. I've said it many times, and I'll say it again. I couldn't get worried about Castillo if I tried.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Scott puts Cabby out there as a base runner in the 9th and has Moore pinch hit. Should have been the other way around. This guy is clueless.

Then, get this, they have the bases loaded no outs in the 10th and they don't score. If they lose this game I will make a fire Scotty thread. This dude and his dumb hitting coaches are the most clueless coaches i've ever seen in major league baseball. The Nats pitcher could not throw strikes. Why even swing? This coaching staff does not communicate or make any decisions. They just tell their guys to go up there and swing away. They do not work the game, they cannot read pitchers. This is awful coaching you cannot blame just the players for this.

Last edited:

Chapow

Reaction score
All they needed was a sac fly from the heart of the order to win the game. They didn't get it done.

Chapow

Reaction score
Scott puts Cabby out there as a base runner in the 9th and has Moore pinch hit. Should have been the other way around. This guy is clueless.

Um... that's not what happened.

Moore entered the game as a pinch runner for Ford in the 7th.

Cabby was a pinch runner for Suarez in the 9th.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Um... that's not what happened.

Moore entered the game as a pinch runner for Ford in the 7th.

Cabby was a pinch runner for Suarez in the 9th.
Ok so? Then pinch hit Cabby in the 9th. Have Cabby try and hit instead of back to back .100 hitters. I've seen enough and so has everyone else. That was the worse loss in the Servais era at the worst possible time. I'm done.

Chapow

Reaction score
Ok so? Then pinch hit Cabby in the 9th. Have Cabby try and hit instead of back to back .100 hitters. I've seen enough and so has everyone else. That was the worse loss in the Servais era at the worst possible time. I'm done.

Pinch running Moore for Ford in the 7th, with Kelenic on 3rd and no outs, down by 1 run, made plenty of sense to me. Moore is a much better base runner than Ford and gives you a much better chance to actually score the go ahead run if anyone gets a hit.

Pinch running Cabby for Suarez in the 9th in scoring position, with only 1 out and Kelenic coming up to bat in a tie game, needing only 1 run to win the game, made sense to me. Cabby gives you a much better chance of scoring that run on a base hit than Suarez does. At that point Cabby is already in the game and obviously can't pinch hit for either Wong or Moore who were up after that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Last year, close games - pulled them out on as regular basis. This year..............complete opposite.
It's shocking how bad this team in when the game is on the line in 2023.
Then again, blatant refusal to go get the bats they needed. Yet again.

Chapow

Reaction score
After the first 6 or so weeks of the season it seemed pretty apparent to me that this was most likely a mediocre, .500-ish team. Well, I was wrong. They're worse than that. I won't be the least bit surprised if they finish the season with a bottom 10 record. The offense that they built in the off season is legitimately a bottom 3 offense in MLB.

Latest posts