Walter Jones on Germain Ifedi:

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3i0v7w75 said:
Shanegotyou11":3i0v7w75 said:
Seymour":3i0v7w75 said:
Shanegotyou11":3i0v7w75 said:
Again you guys base your facts on your opinions. George Fant? 60 yards of flags and 5 sacks allowed in 10 games. So he was on pace for 95yds worth of flags and 8 sacks allowed. So Fant was on pace for what a average first year rookie tackle does.

Fant was a power forward learning a new trade. Those numbers for him are far superior to someone that has played the game for years. :roll:

Not if your learning a new position. I mean FB is same as a wr right? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Again ifedi on pace for 3.5 sacks allowed in first year in a "new" position.

Again your basing your opinion to facts.

3.5 sacks, near top of the league in pressures, and that is with tons of holds and false starts. He is fortunate Russell can escape, or he’d be even more of a laughing stock.

No, he's not. LOL.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Do you have the numbers? I don’t have PFF elite so I can’t check current, but I remember reading in November he was at 72/76 on pressures, with little to no sacks. The point was Wilson was saving his butt.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3kzp6d6m said:
Shanegotyou11":3kzp6d6m said:
Seymour":3kzp6d6m said:
Shanegotyou11":3kzp6d6m said:
Again you guys base your facts on your opinions. George Fant? 60 yards of flags and 5 sacks allowed in 10 games. So he was on pace for 95yds worth of flags and 8 sacks allowed. So Fant was on pace for what a average first year rookie tackle does.

Fant was a power forward learning a new trade. Those numbers for him are far superior to someone that has played the game for years. :roll:

Not if your learning a new position. I mean FB is same as a wr right? :roll: :roll: :roll:

3.5 sacks, near top of the league in pressures, and that is with tons of holds and false starts. He is fortunate Russell can escape, or he’d be even more of a laughing stock.

Or unfortunate Russ runs him into sacks and holds. Lmaoooo.

See how we can all spin what we want. However stats are stats. Your running on your opinion.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":11w4ruaq said:
Coug_Hawk08":11w4ruaq said:
Shanegotyou11":11w4ruaq said:
Seymour":11w4ruaq said:

Or unfortunate Russ runs him into sacks and holds. Lmaoooo.

See how we can all spin what we want. However stats are stats. Your running on your opinion.

Ok. . . If you think Ifedi is even a remotely serviceable tackle, more power to you. Give Cable more hugs and kisses.

Seymour

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":15vkr81a said:
Seymour":15vkr81a said:
Shanegotyou11":15vkr81a said:

Correct. It is a fact that ifedi sucks and has killed more drives on this team than any other member...by FAR.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Ifedi has been the 3rd best lineman on the team (by far) but gets 100% of the shit for playing out of position, which has led to more penalties by him this year.

Walter Jones is right that Ifedi is much better suited for the guard position.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2zrv7ybc said:
Shanegotyou11":2zrv7ybc said:
Seymour":2zrv7ybc said:
Shanegotyou11":2zrv7ybc said:

Correct. It is a fact that ifedi sucks and has killed more drives on this team than any other member...by FAR.

Not quite "ifedi sucks' is an opinion and not one everybody agrees upon,

And I (without any stats) would venture to guess incomplete passes on third down have "killed more drives on this team" than anything or single person.

Seymour

Reaction score
FidelisHawk":1darryl6 said:
Seymour":1darryl6 said:
Shanegotyou11":1darryl6 said:
Seymour":1darryl6 said:

And I (without any stats) would venture to guess incomplete passes on third down have "killed more drives on this team" than anything or single person.

So incomplete passes is "a member of this team"? :roll:

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3fz1ep3c said:
FidelisHawk":3fz1ep3c said:
Seymour":3fz1ep3c said:
Shanegotyou11":3fz1ep3c said:

So incomplete passes is "a member of this team"? :roll:

LOL

Okay an incomplete pass is when a member of the team, the Quarterback, unsuccessfully throws to another member of the team, be he a Running back, Wide receiver, Tight end or occasionally nobody at all.

Do you suggest now Russell “sucks” because that’s not my opinion.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Since we just disregard stats to make our point seem valid on our opinions.

I can't believe seahawks have won the last 6 superbowls.

Seymour

Reaction score
OK so 6 people kill more drives than Ifedi so Ifedi is not as bad then..... Got it. :179422:

[youtube]BAIKNvv_b3I[/youtube]

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1n540uhv said:
OK so 6 people kill more drives than Ifedi so Ifedi is not as bad then..... Got it. :179422:

[youtube]BAIKNvv_b3I[/youtube]

Well at least in that aspect you are correct.

Some even call football the greatest team sport in the world BECAUSE one man can neither win alone or lose alone.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":j552qlj2 said:
Yes, even Blair Walsh needs a holder.

:lol: Now that there is some funny stuff, a little sad, but funny just the same.

raisethe3

Reaction score
How come Walter Jones isn't hired as an OL assistant coach? Damn man.

Seymour

Reaction score
raisethe3":jqba2g9c said:

That would hinder the heir to the throne.

Attachments

• B-Carroll.jpg
    B-Carroll.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,355

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":1qay284v said:
raisethe3":1qay284v said:

Brennan Carroll mostly works with the TEs, I believe. He's listed as an "OL assistant coach" because the TEs are currently under the umbrella of the run game coordinator. Brennan was a very good TEs Coach at Miami.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seymour":3t0hewhj said:
raisethe3":3t0hewhj said:

Hired 8 days after this..... :2thumbs:

[youtube]U7rPIg7ZNQ8[/youtube]

Seymour

Reaction score
To those interested, I bought this topic up at the end of last year. Here is what people said then. Many have now seen the "one more year" and agree with me on the Cable situation. This came up after I heard Walt say on 950 2 different times he'd love to coach for the Seahawks.... :x

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136068

I've heard Walter Jones more than once say he'd love a shot to coach with his Hawks. When Cable got here he had more experienced linemen, a top 3 RB in Lynch, a top 3 running QB in Wilson, and even the highest paid line in 2013 when we rode the ponies into the ground. It worked well and his ZBS was churning up the yards while Wilson developed.
Well that was then this is now. Running has dropped to bottom 1/3rd we have Graham, Wilson, Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett, and re emerged Richarson, and need to go to our strength. Cable is notoriously bad in pass blocking and always has been. The only bad reason I think Pete gives him one more year, is he took all his player cash and spent it, and cannot can Cable since Pete's hand is in it. Anyway, maybe they get destroyed one more year and we see Walt. That would be cool, even if he learned on the fly (but I obviously don't want to lose to see this either). Catch 22

Latest posts