Wagner returns to Seattle (1 year/$7 million)

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
With "all due respect" to our other free agents, this is the best news of the off-season!

But, Bobby's role will be different...in a 4-3 the plays are designed to feature the middle Linebacker as a "tackling machine", but in the 3-4, he will be often times taking on a Guard and sharing the middle with our new (and fast) Linebacker Devin Bush. Bobby has experience and strength, but might not need to be so fast in this system.

#54 has also been a team Captain and wore the green dot on his helmet. But, our new Safety, Julian Love, wore the dot as team Captain with the Giants...It looks like we will have both physical power and brain power on the defense this year!

Now we need a "Nose Tackle"!
He played in 3-4 last year and shined.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Welcome back Bobby. I don't care about the money on a 1 yr deal. We need an ILB that can play. And even though his best years are probably behind him, he's still night and day better than what we we're running out there last year. This affords us some time to figure it out long term. Maybe the scheme change had a lot to do with it too but we can't give up 150 rushing yds/g again and expect a better outcome.

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
Diggs recently said in an interview, the one question all the rookies last year asked him, “what was it like playing with Bobby”. That just shows you the type of respect the man brings.

CPHawk

Reaction score
He played in 3-4 last year and shined.
Glad he’s back, but we aren’t getting prime Bobby. He’s very good vs the run, but his pass coverage leaves a lot to be desired nowadays.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Glad he’s back, but we aren’t getting prime Bobby. He’s very good vs the run, but his pass coverage leaves a lot to be desired nowadays.
We already got Bobby at his best now we are just getting him at better than most of the league’s ILBs and that’s exactly what we need. Last year they gambled on speedy players across the board and that didn’t work out so well. What I love about Bobby is that he knows who he is and what he can do and gets players around him in a position to succeed.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Seems like a win-now move. Not sure the Seahawks should be making those.

But it’s Bobby, so lets just enjoy this.

kidhawk

Reaction score

We made the playoffs with what my eyes tell me was the worst defense we’ve hade in the PC era. If we can stay similar on offense and improve the defense I don’t see why we can’t make a run

Also bring him in will help the young guys progress as well so it should help the future in that way too.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing but in a different light… that if they are trying to convince some players to take a cut or in the very least restructure or perhaps entice some of the free agents that are still out there that they are familiar with to come back on cheaper deals, that this the type of championship mentality they need to be sending out that not only for the bargaining table but also encourages buy-in.

orca

Reaction score
Imagine the Hawks had resigned Cody Barton for the 3.5m that Washington gave him...:eek:

Welcome back, Bobby :cool:

sutz

Reaction score
Why do people think 7m is hefty? D was the biggest weakness, and he will be an immediate impact, not just In play where he is a stud, but also in leadership and morale. Not even close to hefty, a great deal, LFG!!!
I find that many fans are at least 2-3 years behind the curve when it comes to salary levels and positional value. ;)

CPHawk

Reaction score
Bobby also took a cut walking away from the Rams. They would have owed him 10mill if he stayed there.

TwilightError

Reaction score
We made the playoffs with what my eyes tell me was the worst defense we’ve hade in the PC era. If we can stay similar on offense and improve the defense I don’t see why we can’t make a run

Also bring him in will help the young guys progress as well so it should help the future in that way too.
I can see that. This move alone makes the defense better next year. But I’m not sure if it makes it any better in the long run cause the young ones will get less responsibility now. And to me it seems the Hawks are not going to be contenders in 2023. But they may see that differently in the front office…

Still, I love to see Wagner in a Seahawks Jersey again.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
It'll sure be nice to see Bobby back in a Hawks' jersey. And considering last season's linebacker situation I can't imagine how he's not a big improvement.

samwize77

Reaction score
Bobby will play his heart out. Thats just who he is. And his value isn't always in his play. Its in his knowledge, leadership and attitude. We're not only getting our Bwagz back, we are getting a mindset of professionalism, an icon of the team and a general on the field. Make no mistake about it, Bobby will make a difference to our D just by being out there.

Latest posts