Vic Beasley available

kf3339

Reaction score
TypeSly":360kk83n said:
Beasley is one of the most freakish athletes at his size. I'm surprised that PC and JS aren't taking a serious look at him. If anyone can light a fire in this guy (ahem... PC), he could be an absolute beast.

In many ways he reminds me of Aaron Curry, but with actual solid production on the field. That's worth the shot.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Again, it does not matter if he is a good long-term solution.

Apparently, he isn't motivated. So what?

We don't need him to even be fantastic or consistent. But you notice he produces on contract years?

So for him to get a good contract somewhere else, he would need to produce for us.

He would be motivated because he has a history of motivating himself when his paycheck is on the line.

Realistically, he just needs splash plays in the playoffs to get a lot of interest/hype. How would it be bad if he got a few key sacks in the playoffs?

He doesn't need to be a good person. Or even liked in the locker room. Just a productive player.

Which the odds are that he would be. Certainly enough to improve on what we have now.

ivotuk

Reaction score
People on 710 including Brock Huard like his potential.

I'm sure Pete has talked to Dan Quinn and has all the info he needs to make his decision.

We have a lot of talent on the defense right now, just need to repeat last week's success. And they would have to do some finagling because they have zero cap space. After Dunlap helped them out, I wonder what kind of shape they're in for 2021?

Also wondering if the Sooperbowl loss took it out of him?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status ... 0369419265

Gregg Bell
@gbellseattle

Now available at any team's price (including, yes, the #Seahawks'), and not Vic Beasley's.
Quote Tweet

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Neither former Titans' pass rusher Vic Beasley nor former Bears' WR Ted Ginn were claimed today on waivers, per source. Both now free agents.
1:29 PM · Nov 5, 2020·Twitter Web App

Nunya

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1cmo0zsh said:

We don't need him to even be fantastic or consistent. But you notice he produces on contract years?

So for him to get a good contract somewhere else, he would need to produce for us.

He would be motivated because he has a history of motivating himself when his paycheck is on the line.

Realistically, he just needs splash plays in the playoffs to get a lot of interest/hype. How would it be bad if he got a few key sacks in the playoffs?

He doesn't need to be a good person. Or even liked in the locker room. Just a productive player.

Which the odds are that he would be. Certainly enough to improve on what we have now.

So would you pay him the $10mil/season he is currently receiving?

kf3339

Reaction score
Nunya":2mls9nmz said:
TwistedHusky":2mls9nmz said:

He was cut and went thru waivers. That contract is on the Titans, not who signs him.

Nunya

Reaction score
kf3339":2d6x7b6k said:
Nunya":2d6x7b6k said:
TwistedHusky":2d6x7b6k said:

He was cut and went thru waivers. That contract is on the Titans, not who signs him.

I believe the contract follows the waived player to any team that claims them (claiming team pays). If the player is not claimed,after 24 hours, they become Free Agents and then can resign with any team under a new contract. (could be wrong though)

Even so, I doubt he is going to take much less than $10mil/year if he renegotiates his contract.

kf3339

Reaction score
Nunya":13rj3v7d said:
kf3339":13rj3v7d said:
Nunya":13rj3v7d said:
TwistedHusky":13rj3v7d said:

I believe the contract follows the waived player to any team that claims them (claiming team pays). If the player is not claimed,after 24 hours, they become Free Agents and then can resign with any team under a new contract. (could be wrong though)

Even so, I doubt he is going to take much less than $10mil/year if he renegotiates his contract.

He has no contract right now. So any team can sign him for whatever contract terms they agree on. No team is giving him anything of real value with half the season over, and his being cut by the Titans. They all had that chance and passed. Right now his only value is to a contending team that needs an extra pass rusher. He will be lucky to get any offer more than an incentive laden contract with very little guaranteed money.

If he is smart he will only look at those teams who are true Super Bowl contenders where he can make a mark. Personally, I would rather that be us than an AFC contender, TB, GB, NO or one of our division rivals. But that is just me, so we will see.

Or he will sit out the rest of this year. Who knows.

TypeSly

Reaction score
kf3339":3f6l6twh said:
Nunya":3f6l6twh said:
kf3339":3f6l6twh said:
Nunya":3f6l6twh said:

He has no contract right now. So any team can sign him for whatever contract terms they agree on. No team is giving him anything of real value with half the season over, and his being cut by the Titans. They all had that chance and passed. Right now his only value is to a contending team that needs an extra pass rusher. He will be lucky to get any offer more than an incentive laden contract with very little guaranteed money.

If he is smart he will only look at those teams who are true Super Bowl contenders where he can make a mark. Personally, I would rather that be us than an AFC contender, TB, GB, NO or one of our division rivals. But that is just me, so we will see.

Or he will sit out the rest of this year. Who knows.

Yes, exactly. If he ends up sitting the rest of the year, it won't be because he's holding out for something large. It would be because no team is willing to come to terms with Beasley, on a potentially big gamble. I can't imagine it would take a huge sum of money for this gamble, unless him and his agent are delusional.

mikeak

Reaction score
He could still have offsetting language. That would mean TN recovers anything he earns elsewhere. Don't know, but he could.

If so he will go where he can prove himself for minimum amount and prove himself for next contract