Vegas favors the lions by 6

RiverDog

Reaction score
IMO the betting line is what it should be, and if anything, should be greater than 6 points (actually, I think the line is 5.5 points). We are very lucky not to be going into this game at 0-3. It's a road game, which usually adds a point or two to the spread.

The Lions have been putting up points and started out the season scoring at least one touchdown in 11 straight quarters until that streak ended in the 4th quarter last week vs. the Vikings. The Lions defense is suspect as they have given up almost exactly the same amount of yardage as their offense has gained, but our offense has had struggles of their own and will be challenged to take advantage of it. Our red zone offense is one of the worst in the league, scoring TD's on just 25% of our red zone trips. We do not yet have a rushing TD.

So, if I'm betting on the game, I'll give the 6 points and take the Lions.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Death
Taxes
Homer Hawk fans outraged over point spreads and NFL team rankings

The entertainment level is high now that this team isn't competitive and it's hard to find bright spots.

A week or two ago some people were saying "they're not great but they're not as bad as the MEDIA says". But this team has played as bad as any reasonable assessment pre-season or the last few weeks would provide. The "outrage" over the 49ers point spread was extra funny given the ball kicking the Seahawks received.

We could get see some significant improvements over the season and there will always be entertaining stuff. But if anybody tries to convince me this team is better than anyone but the Jets and Texans at this point I'm just going to stare in disbelief.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
With Swift and Brown questionable and the Lions defense ranked #22 in DVOA (Falcons#27) the Hawks can win this game. If Swift and Brown can play and with this game being in Detroit it could get messy.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
They have Williams as RB2. We're not stopping him either.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The entertainment level is high now that this team isn't competitive and it's hard to find bright spots.

A week or two ago some people were saying "they're not great but they're not as bad as the MEDIA says". But this team has played as bad as any reasonable assessment pre-season or the last few weeks would provide. The "outrage" over the 49ers point spread was extra funny given the ball kicking the Seahawks received.

We could get see some significant improvements over the season and there will always be entertaining stuff. But if anybody tries to convince me this team is better than anyone but the Jets and Texans at this point I'm just going to stare in disbelief.

There is no more objective measure in sports than Vegas sports odds.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I dunno - they do have a run game - i'm 50/50 on the game. They don't seem particularly special other than that. Grind our offense on the short passing/running game. Keep our wretched defense off the field - and we might have a shot.

And, I'm guessing that after the 4,567th anal raping at lack of a rushing defense, that we might actually make it a "Point of Emphasis" this week.

At least the league would like the nomenclature ;)
Good thing we are terrible vs the run.

GemCity

Reaction score
Winnable game for us but, if we’re talking Vegas and putting money up, I’m not taking the Hawks.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Why should the Hawks be favored in any games? We stink ass right now guys we need to suck it up and accept reality. We won’t do shit this year with how young this team is. Need one more deep draft and a slew of free agent acquisitions next year

RiverDog

Reaction score
With Swift and Brown questionable and the Lions defense ranked #22 in DVOA (Falcons#27) the Hawks can win this game. If Swift and Brown can play and with this game being in Detroit it could get messy.
Brown played injured last week and continued to produce, so it's likely that he'll be at or very near full strength this Sunday.