Tyler Lockett

getnasty

Reaction score
0 catches for 0 yards on 3 targets. What the hell is going on? Thats two weeks in a row after being unstoppable the first 9 games. I'm guessing he's not 100 but still suprises me.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
He was sick as well. Probably a combination of that and the injury.

niveky

Reaction score
I didn't have time to follow it up but there was an article I saw that said 8 seahawks had the flu, and lockett was one of them. if true, not everyone can perform like Michael Jordan with the flu.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Seems a lot of the Hawks have the flu, Lockett being one of them, that will numb you pretty good.

toffee

Reaction score
So long it's the flu, and not the injury. He will be good as new next week.

sutz

Reaction score
toffee":c5zvp610 said:
I'm not sure he's 100% back from the injury either. He wasn't his normal speed last week, and with the flu this week, it's obvious he wasn't full go.

Love the kid's effort, though.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
niveky":1p2vweho said:
I didn't have time to follow it up but there was an article I saw that said 8 seahawks had the flu, and lockett was one of them. if true, not everyone can perform like Michael Jordan with the flu.

For the record, I have it on GOOD authority that Mike didn't in fact have the flu.
He had a long night of hookers, Hennessy and heavy hands of poker.
Actually, that's even more impressive now that I think about it.

peppersjap

Reaction score
The post game Russel said Lockett was sick but also said he was drawing extra coverage which freed up the other receivers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think it's 80% still fighting back from a serious leg contusion, and 20% weak from the flu.

Lockett was ineffective last week too, so can't just blame the flu. Dude's still hurt.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ty spent two days in a trauma hospital, and even though he started at PHI and MIN has not been the same since his injury. He wants to start and we're gonna let him due to where we are in the season, but kudos to Pete for getting the run game going and other receivers more involved.

sutz

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3b3b850s said:
Ty spent two days in a trauma hospital, and even though he started at PHI and MIN has not been the same since his injury. He wants to start and we're gonna let him due to where we are in the season, but kudos to Pete for getting the run game going and other receivers more involved.
In the other thread I opined that perhaps we should have just sat Tyler for the Vikes and used Gordon or someone else more. 40+ carries was pretty effective, though.

Glad we're discussing such things after a win, at least.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I said Ty should sit @ PHI and wouldn't have been opposed had he sat vs MIN.

But PC/JS really aren't gonna want to do that at this point--even though his role might be more as a decoy, I think that can work w/the emergence of our running game, better D, etc.

Where we're really gonna need Ty is Week 17, though. While the optics/fan reaction would be negative, I still wouldn't be against sitting him against Rams and Carolina if that'll return him to the minimal 85 percent we need him to be.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Teams are definitely trying to take Lockett away. It's why guys like DK, Hollister, Moore and Gordon are seeing opportunities. Wilson is pretty agnostic. He'll go at the open guy.

And Vikings were in two deep safety a lot, daring us to run. So we did.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sutz":3b11qp4w said:
SantaClaraHawk":3b11qp4w said:
In the other thread I opined that perhaps we should have just sat Tyler for the Vikes and used Gordon or someone else more. 40+ carries was pretty effective, though.

Glad we're discussing such things after a win, at least.

Pete's one of the more cautious coaches in the league and demands a lot during the week for the player to prove they're ready to go...............so if Pete thinks Tyler was OK to play, then I'm fine with it.

If anything Lockett commands attention with gameplanning and during the game usually gets the other team's #1 DB, which gives opportunity to our other receivers, as we saw last night.

RW92

Reaction score
sutz":2dj7tauo said:
toffee":2dj7tauo said:
I'm not sure he's 100% back from the injury either. He wasn't his normal speed last week, and with the flu this week, it's obvious he wasn't full go.

Love the kid's effort, though.

I happen to agree. He looks five steps slower. No separation speed at all. He's just running along side the defender instead of away from him. We need to develop Gordon, Moore, Turner, or Brown as a better deep threat. The Hawks will need this going into the playoffs. Must keep that No.2 seed. Go Hawks.

Latest posts