Tre Flowers released

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I saw Chief fans on. twitter imploring their team ti sign him which tells me what kind of shape their D is in

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":29z2tvzn said:
Sports Hernia":29z2tvzn said:
SoulfishHawk":29z2tvzn said:
We have absolutely no idea if they tried to trade him or not. Seems like yet more assumptions.
He wasn't that good, and no, he isn't going to become some all pro.
I hope he does well, nothing personal. Seems like a good dude. Just not a very good football player.
Now they will bring in a better Tre.......
This. Other teams have film of him getting burned play after play so why give up anything.
Playing 10-15 yards off your man, not turning your head to play the ball, and having your guy make catch after catch isnt a desired trait for NFL teams.
The problem is, I don't know if Jones has been any better than Tre Flowers.

He has not.

toffee

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":d8qu8oa3 said:
Spin Doctor":d8qu8oa3 said:
Sports Hernia":d8qu8oa3 said:
SoulfishHawk":d8qu8oa3 said:
We have absolutely no idea if they tried to trade him or not. Seems like yet more assumptions.
He wasn't that good, and no, he isn't going to become some all pro.
I hope he does well, nothing personal. Seems like a good dude. Just not a very good football player.
Now they will bring in a better Tre.......
This. Other teams have film of him getting burned play after play so why give up anything.
Playing 10-15 yards off your man, not turning your head to play the ball, and having your guy make catch after catch isnt a desired trait for NFL teams.
The problem is, I don't know if Jones has been any better than Tre Flowers.

He has not.

One could argue that Jones is as bad if not worse than Flowers.

rsRyno

Reaction score
PNW":agow8xqu said:
WmHBonney":agow8xqu said:
Watch him go resurrect his career as a safety somewhere else. Good luck to Trey.
Agreed, I think he could resurrect his career at safety
I’m curious to see him elsewhere and I’m hoping it’s at corner. I wanna see how he does with new coaches and a different (better?) scheme. I keep going back to DJ Reed when I think about these corners. Reed came from San Fran and was hurt. He was thrown in to playing time/a starting spot basically immediately mid season and shined; he looked great. Then, he spends an off-season with these coaches in our scheme and now he looks terrible. Why? That tells me it’s coaching.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Dude does have starting experience at least.
A lot of teams with injuries in the secondary.
Couldn’t get anyone to part with at least a conditional pick?
Gotta start gathering picks sometime.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hendo66":2g3t78hb said:
Dude does have starting experience at least.
A lot of teams with injuries in the secondary.
Couldn’t get anyone to part with at least a conditional pick?
Gotta start gathering picks sometime.

Apparently not. Keep in mind that we're on pace to be the worst defense in the NFL, and Flowers was arguably the weakest link. He's not going to have a very high market value.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3d2vdgqv said:
Good. Should have happened a year ago. Looks like Pete’s “he’s having his best camp” stuff was BS like a lot of us thought it was. Nothing personal against Flowers as he seems like a good guy, he just couldn’t cover worth a $&@#!

Pete has lost his mind. Going against tackling dummies and padless players when you know what is coming does not equal league play.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Seymour":1n8uzlll said:
Sports Hernia":1n8uzlll said:
Good. Should have happened a year ago. Looks like Pete’s “he’s having his best camp” stuff was BS like a lot of us thought it was. Nothing personal against Flowers as he seems like a good guy, he just couldn’t cover worth a $&@#!

Pete has lost his mind. Going against tackling dummies and padless players when you know what is coming does not equal league play.

Such a weird comment, if I'm honest.

By your logic, camp is entirely worthless, in that case.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Not sure who the last player to ask to 'be released' in public was?

Obviously a bit of a symptom and a bit of the problem.

He wasn't screaming at himself recently on the sidelines during the Titans game.

I can't remember screaming at coaches like that since Sherm.

Something's definitely wrong.

BASF

Reaction score
rsRyno":1fp1n97e said:
PNW":1fp1n97e said:
WmHBonney":1fp1n97e said:
Watch him go resurrect his career as a safety somewhere else. Good luck to Trey.
I’m curious to see him elsewhere and I’m hoping it’s at corner. I wanna see how he does with new coaches and a different (better?) scheme. I keep going back to DJ Reed when I think about these corners. Reed came from San Fran and was hurt. He was thrown in to playing time/a starting spot basically immediately mid season and shined; he looked great. Then, he spends an off-season with these coaches in our scheme and now he looks terrible. Why? That tells me it’s coaching.

Such a weird comment. The fact is that with no film on Reed last season offensive coordinators did not know his tendencies to attack him. It is the same for receivers watching film as far as how they can get the DBs to bite on certain moves.

toffee

Reaction score
BASF":2lxe2dor said:
rsRyno":2lxe2dor said:
PNW":2lxe2dor said:
WmHBonney":2lxe2dor said:

Such a weird comment. The fact is that with no film on Reed last season offensive coordinators did not know his tendencies to attack him. It is the same for receivers watching film as far as how they can get the DBs to bite on certain moves.

Tre's rookie season was quite ok too.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
It’s crazy that he was the starter and is now our right released. Maybe it was because he questioned the scheme. Either way the defense is awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsRyno

Reaction score
toffee":1gwdhtfs said:
BASF":1gwdhtfs said:
rsRyno":1gwdhtfs said:
PNW":1gwdhtfs said:

Not that weird of a comment. There was tape on Reed. Teams already had it. Reed wasn’t a rookie last season so not having tape isn’t an argument here.

tersal

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":8nli4qpo said:
Long overdue to say the least :?

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
The #Seahawks are releasing former starting CB Tre Flowers, source said, a move that he recently requested. An experienced corner with four years of starting experience now available.
1:30 PM · Oct 12, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

He played safety in college the team attempted to convert him into a cornerback failed experiment. I wish he would have had a chance to play his natural position at safety. Also the lack of a consistent pass rush did not help his cause at all.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
tersal":3vncb7z3 said:
SoulfishHawk":3vncb7z3 said:
Long overdue to say the least :?

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
The #Seahawks are releasing former starting CB Tre Flowers, source said, a move that he recently requested. An experienced corner with four years of starting experience now available.
1:30 PM · Oct 12, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

He played safety in college the team attempted to convert him into a cornerback failed experiment. I wish he would have had a chance to play his natural position at safety. Also the lack of a consistent pass rush did not help his cause at all.
I'm curious how'd he play at Safety. Terrible corner, probably would've been a pretty dreadful too, but we won't know. If he gets picked up by another team I'd be interesting if he says at CB or said team takes him back to S.

BASF

Reaction score
rsRyno":3inzts4w said:
toffee":3inzts4w said:
BASF":3inzts4w said:
rsRyno":3inzts4w said:

Not that weird of a comment. There was tape on Reed. Teams already had it. Reed wasn’t a rookie last season so not having tape isn’t an argument here.

You are aware that tape on being a safety/slot corner is a lot different than tape as the starting right corner back?

rsRyno

Reaction score
BASF":83aaqhzy said:
rsRyno":83aaqhzy said:
toffee":83aaqhzy said:
BASF":83aaqhzy said:

You are aware that tape on being a safety/slot corner is a lot different than tape as the starting right corner back?

I do understand it’s somewhat different for the slot (and a ton different for safety). Thing is, though, that he played slot at first for us and looked great. Then he moved to the outside and looked great. He didn’t give cushion, he was aggressive, he defended well. Now, he plays outside again while giving cushion and not defending well. That’s not tape. I’m not saying some tape for tendencies might be playing in to it, but I am saying that he is now playing the position different than he did last year.