Trade 5 or stay put

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Let’s say Young, Stroud, Anderson, and Richardson are drafted 1-4, and Commanders want to trade up to #5 to draft Levis.

They are offering #16 and #118 in 2023 and their first round pick in 2024.

Are you interested?
If I can't get a better offer, I pull the trigger on that every time. I don't see a great difference in talent between the remaining players at 5 in that scenario and those that'll be there at 16, and CERTAINLY not enough of a difference to pass up on a first rounder next year from a turbulent franchise.

Fade

Reaction score
Let’s say Young, Stroud, Anderson, and Richardson are drafted 1-4, and Commanders want to trade up to #5 to draft Levis.

Are you interested?
JS is praying he gets an offer such as this as we speak.

The biggest challenge, or what JS is trying to avoid is: Anderson is off the board, and has no descent offers to move down, forced to take a player at 5 that is just "good," which could very well happen.

Need someone like WAS willing to give a future 1st to come up and get their QB of the future.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

The biggest challenge, or what JS is trying to avoid is: Anderson is off the board, and has no descent offers to move down, forced to take a player at 5 that is just "good," which could very well happen.

Need someone like WAS willing to give a future 1st to come up and get their QB of the future.

We also have a couple teams behind us that could also be cheaper trade partners for a team that wants to trade up for Levis.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score

After I posted this, I saw a mock where Commanders moved up to #3 to get ahead of the Colts, I assume. if they really are hot to get Levis, this could get interesting. If they ever get a new owner and a QB, this team could be pretty good. I would love to have their defensive line.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Seattle needs DEs, DTs, and inside LBs that fit a 3-4 defense. That doesn't seem to be the strength of this draft in the first half of round 1.

There are elite players there at #5 but not for Seattle, imo, other than stacking the edge position by taking Anderson.

I could see Seahawks trading down into the teens. Here's hoping one of the top QBs fall or Anderson/Wilson is there and draws heavy attention that a team would trade up for.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aged well = Declaring no work ethic issues right before Carter shows up unprepared for pro day and gasses out from a handful of drills. Pathetic

The media has been hyping Carter as a generational talent so my take runs counter to that.

Never claimed to be a tape guy, but I did watch Carter sleep walk through their playoff run.
WOW YOGI!! you're now an expert Talent evaluator? LOLOLOLOLOLOL! (takes a breath) LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

CPHawk

Reaction score
JS with picks from 15-31 is like 0-7 Why would anyone want him to pick there twice? Only trade if it’s still staying in the top 10, and the player you want is gone. Js can’t be trusted otherwise to not try and outsmart everyone, and end up with James Carpenter.

Last edited:

James in PA

Reaction score
Anthony Richardson
Will Anderson
Jalen Carter

That's the order I'm going. No need to even bring up trading down because at least one of them will be there at 5.

vonstout

Reaction score
I think the first 4 picks will be Stroud, Young, Anderson, and Richardson or Levi’s. If someone trades up to 3, all 4 QBs could be gone. The wildcard is Indy. I think they are going to draft one of the top 3 DL and then give Lamar an offer sheet or just trade the #4 straight up for him. That makes it too hard to predict, but if 1 QB fall to #5 and two from this group (Wilson, Anderson, Carter) or Any two of the QBs and and one of the DL, we should try to trade down to with the Raiders. Our dream scenario would be a CB or Levis going in the top 4. Then we could trade down to #8. if we don’t want Levis and the top 3 QBs and DL are gone, I hope we trade down again. By all accounts, this is a weak draft, I’d love to get more picks for 2024.

GemCity

Reaction score
If I can't get a better offer, I pull the trigger on that every time. I don't see a great difference in talent between the remaining players at 5 in that scenario and those that'll be there at 16, and CERTAINLY not enough of a difference to pass up on a first rounder next year from a turbulent franchise.
8-8 in the best division? I don’t think they’re as turbulent as some may think.

Not turbulent enough to net pick 5 and below.

If I’m not taking a QB this or the next year, I’d do this trade too.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
8-8 in the best division? I don’t think they’re as turbulent as some may think.

Not turbulent enough to net pick 5 and below.

If I’m not taking a QB this or the next year, I’d do this trade too.
They're going into the season with Sam Howell at starter, Dan Snyder drama continuing to unfold, and a middling defense that has been underperformed.

I'd do this trade ESPECIALLY if we're looking to take quarterback next year. This is a likely top-16 pick with upside to be higher if Bieniemy falls flat without Reid, which is also likely. That's more ammo for the trade up if they need it.

GemCity

Reaction score
They're going into the season with Sam Howell at starter, Dan Snyder drama continuing to unfold, and a middling defense that has been underperformed.

I'd do this trade ESPECIALLY if we're looking to take quarterback next year. This is a likely top-16 pick with upside to be higher if Bieniemy falls flat without Reid, which is also likely. That's more ammo for the trade up if they need it.
Totally agree. I don’t see the pick being what it is now but, top 16 is nothing to snivel at.

Another two first rounders in a draft where they may see more potential works!

BlueTalon

Reaction score

Are you interested?
I'd have them throw in a 4th round pick in 2024, and make in a conditional pick, so that if whoever they pick with our #5 plays in 12 games in 2023, the 4th becomes a 3rd.

toffee

Reaction score
The most unlikely draft, courtesy of PPF simulator. We received a first round pick in 2024, traded away Fant's cap. On defense we drafted Carter, Kancey, Jack Campbell and Coburn. On offense, we drafted Richardson, Bjian, Tippman.

Screenshot 2023 04 07 15 58 02 97 f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329

Last edited:

nwHawk

Reaction score
I’m not as big on Kancey, but that’s a haul.