Thomas Rawls has an injured fibula, out for a couple of week

dogorama

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3od8gxqy said:
Smellyman":3od8gxqy said:
dogorama":3od8gxqy said:
As I'm watching Rawls a couple of weeks ago he has a run where he carries two or three of the opposing defense three or four yds and I remark on the Radish board a reference to him being Beastmode 2.0. Therein lies his problem, he knew coming in that the Seahawks wanted a hard running physical back and he has given his all to be that. I wish he would just be himself though and establish his own identity. Take what they give you and leave it at that, not everyone can be the Beast.

It's funny, I posted a comment by one of SF's d-line last week where he remarked that the Seahawks are different now, they no longer have that 6'1" 245 lb. running back. I wrote that it was funny he said that because Marshawn is 5'11" 217 lbs. Every time I think about that it gives me a new appreciation for how great Marshawn really was, because how was he able to completely punish defenders year in - year out w/o really being that big? I think Beastmode goes down in NFL history as being one of the great legends, and I think Thomas Rawls can be a great back too, but only when he understands who Thomas Rawls really is.

Lynch was listed at 217, he was 215 when drafted. Let's be honest though, He was wll north of that in the last few years.
Whole heartedly agree. While he didn't grow 2 inches to be 6'1, he was probably somewhere around 240.

He may have played a few pounds heavier at times but he was never well north of that and he NEVER played at 240. That would be huge on a 5-11 frame, you would have definitely noticed that. You are talking about one of the fittest guys in the league when he played.

Nope, Lynch's hard-hitting running style was based on his incredible balance, powerful legs, wide base when running, and run-over-you-not-around-you killer instinct.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/ma ... 8wi9b5sajx

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super ... awn-lynch/

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/12/22/ ... lynchs-run

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
It's just disappointing that Rawls suffered another injury and setback in his comeback. 5-6 weeks possibly? That obviously hurts our depth. I was really looking forward this year to a healthy Rawls pounding and grinding through everyone for 5 yards every carry. He was so dominant at times last year. Maybe we will see that down the road but thankfully Michael is experiencing such a resurgence.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
dogorama":p81b6qd4 said:
vin.couve12":p81b6qd4 said:
Smellyman":p81b6qd4 said:
dogorama":p81b6qd4 said:
As I'm watching Rawls a couple of weeks ago he has a run where he carries two or three of the opposing defense three or four yds and I remark on the Radish board a reference to him being Beastmode 2.0. Therein lies his problem, he knew coming in that the Seahawks wanted a hard running physical back and he has given his all to be that. I wish he would just be himself though and establish his own identity. Take what they give you and leave it at that, not everyone can be the Beast.

It's funny, I posted a comment by one of SF's d-line last week where he remarked that the Seahawks are different now, they no longer have that 6'1" 245 lb. running back. I wrote that it was funny he said that because Marshawn is 5'11" 217 lbs. Every time I think about that it gives me a new appreciation for how great Marshawn really was, because how was he able to completely punish defenders year in - year out w/o really being that big? I think Beastmode goes down in NFL history as being one of the great legends, and I think Thomas Rawls can be a great back too, but only when he understands who Thomas Rawls really is.

Lynch was listed at 217, he was 215 when drafted. Let's be honest though, He was wll north of that in the last few years.
Whole heartedly agree. While he didn't grow 2 inches to be 6'1, he was probably somewhere around 240.

He may have played a few pounds heavier at times but he was never well north of that and he NEVER played at 240. That would be huge on a 5-11 frame, you would have definitely noticed that. You are talking about one of the fittest guys in the league when he played.

Nope, Lynch's hard-hitting running style was based on his incredible balance, powerful legs, wide base when running, and run-over-you-not-around-you killer instinct.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/ma ... 8wi9b5sajx

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super ... awn-lynch/

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/12/22/ ... lynchs-run
Disagree entirely. He's about an inch shorter than Bobby Wagner and probably about 5 pounds less. Maybe 10. Wagner doesn't have but maybe 5% body fat as well.

Regardless, Lynch was visibly bigger than when he was when he came into the league. Anyone over the age of 28-29 would tell you how you start to fill out right about then...

dogorama

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3l94f6cx said:
Regardless, Lynch was visibly bigger than when he was when he came into the league. Anyone over the age of 28-29 would tell you how you start to fill out right about then...

Yeah, and Bobby is a linebacker, 5'11" 240 lb running backs don't have the quickness and extreme lateral movement capability that Lynch had. Maybe in the very end in '15 when he didn't play much after the injury but I absolutely guarantee that he didn't play at that weight in his prime.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3mrjig37 said:
I bet JS is making some calls today to some teams to see if anyone is available.

JS always makes calls where there is any competitively week situation on the team. That said, I thought Terrance Magee looked interesting in his few plays last game. I'd not be surprised to see a bit more of him going forward until health returns to the RB group.

sutz

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":35ujr3eb said:
SixSeahawk":35ujr3eb said:
"Thanks Marshawn for what you did for us....but we have Thomas Rawls now. We're moving on instantly and we'll pretend like you're not the reason we were ever in any Superbowls. As a matter of fact, we will probably revise history and give Russell Wilson the glory because the last thing we want is somebody that looks like you as the greatest franchise player."

-Seahawk fan base for the past few months

I don't know. Seems like there's mad love and appreciation for Marshawn moreso than disregard.

Rawls did very well last year up until the injury. But you can't replace a generational back like Lynch.
I'm going to assume that was a weak attempt at sarcasm by 6S. People who eschew the use of emojis because they think I should be more perceptive can be annoying. :laugh:

Meanwhile, we all miss Rawls and wish he could be on the field. Professionals far smarter and better informed than I have made that decision. The early bye is starting to look like a good thing this year for both Rawls and Wilson. ;)

sutz

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2keegwr4 said:
Any chance we IR Rawls? Can bring him back later in the year.
Wow, I hope not. That goes for 8 weeks. Why sideline him that long if we don't need to? Michael has been doing well, with the exception of the one unfortunate fumble. Coming off of a career game, I'm good going forward for another couple of weeks if we need to.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
sutz":jxi1uo81 said:
CodeWarrior":jxi1uo81 said:
Any chance we IR Rawls? Can bring him back later in the year.
Wow, I hope not. That goes for 8 weeks. Why sideline him that long if we don't need to? Michael has been doing well, with the exception of the one unfortunate fumble. Coming off of a career game, I'm good going forward for another couple of weeks if we need to.
Problem is, while PC is saying "a few weeks" more, that could be 4-6 weeks. He did say yesterday that it won't keep him from light practice but when asked about the possibility of Rawls going to IR he did pause, before saying (something like) "Not at this point." It's in the video posted at Seahawks.com, dated yesterday. If you listen closely he sounded pretty optimistic about AC, which may factor into their decision-making.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
^ Maybe it was more about Procise (wrt Rawls)
From http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/09/26 ... ll-wilson-“looks-fine”-expected-practice-wednesday

edit:
Code:
http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/09/26/seahawks-quarterback-russell-wilson-%E2%80%9Clooks-fine%E2%80%9D-expected-practice-wednesday

Re Procise:

“Like I’ve said the last couple of weeks, he’s practicing with us, he’s doing everything in practice, so he’s up with us in terms of staying abreast of the game plan and getting his work, he’s in good shape and all of that,” Carroll said. “(Rawls’ injury) will necessitate a more serious look at getting him out there. I would think he’d be able to play this weekend.

Fade

Reaction score
AC barely averaged 3.0 ypc against the Niners, so yeah I do not feel comfortable with him yet, if not ever, he is too slow. The guy they brought into the game that they signed off the street looked to be slightly better. Terrance Magee. Don't know for sure though limited reps.

As it stands now they have nothing after C-Mike. C-Mike is averaging 5.2 ypc. The rest of the RBs combined are averaging under 2.0 ypc for the season.

C-Mike must stay healthy, and just hope Rawls can get right by November.

I was one of those Pope guys, and yes I am salty they didn't keep him.