This team wins 3 SBs with Geno instead of Russ

W

Welshers

There. I said it. Geno comes into the league in the 2013 season, a year after Russ. If in some alternate reality we ended up drafting Geno that year and never getting Russ, we win 3 SBs. That's how much Russ weighed us down. With that legendary D and run game, Geno would have turned into a perennial all-pro under Pete's tutilage. Just look how good he is now, after he never got a fair chance on trash franchises.

With Geno instead of Russ, this team would have won 3 SBs

kidhawk

Reaction score
Geno looked great this week but let’s not anoint him for playing well against that Lions defense. They are not very good at all.

With that said I think Geno can be a suitable quarterback but he’s not our future. We still need to look forward to find our franchise guy.

Rainger

Reaction score
There. I said it. Geno comes into the league in the 2013 season, a year after Russ. If in some alternate reality we ended up drafting Geno that year and never getting Russ, we win 3 SBs. That's how much Russ weighed us down. With that legendary D and run game, Geno would have turned into a perennial all-pro under Pete's tutilage. Just look how good he is now, after he never got a fair chance on trash franchises.

Maybe, follow the system instead of hero ball

toffee

Reaction score
One does wonder what was going though Geno's mind when he stood on the sideline and watched how Russ ignored layups, ran in circles, etc etc., How much it must poked Geno when Russ rushed back just to deny his opportunity for couple more games, rushed back at the expense of team record and playoff chances.

What was going though Geno's mind when he stood on the sideline all these years with a smile, before going over to kiss some diva azz.

Last edited:

Torc

Reaction score
The former Seahawk QB who is short of stature but tall of ego was successful because when the chips were down, he stepped his game up a notch or two. Increase the pressure and increase his success. He WANTS the game on his shoulders.

Geno, at least thus far, is quite unsuccessful when he gets the ball at the end of a game and the win or loss depends on his play. He'll take a sack, or throw an interception. His play this year and last during the first half of games has been really impressive. And maybe, just maybe, he can grow out of his late game 'try too hard' habit given some time and confidence. But he's not that other guy.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
One does wonder what was going though Geno's mind when he stood on the sideline and watched how Russ ignored layups, ran in circles, etc etc., How much it must poked Geno when Russ rushed back just to deny his opportunity for couple more games, rushed back at the expense of team record and playoff chances.

What was going though Geno's mind when he stood on the sideline all these years with a smile, before going over the kiss some diva azz.

Geno: "Russ, you high?"

KinesProf

Reaction score
Easy there haha I get being excited though.

But yes, BS that Geno was never allowed an opportunity to push Russ when the descent was becoming overt and obvious. That's on Pete.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Whelp if a .500 QB gets us 3 Owls I'm ALL IN MANG!! Trading for multiple picks, 3/100 million dollar contracts, franchise tags, not drafting an QB for the future ? It's week 4 I'm beginning to wonder if you all are serious?

toffee

Reaction score
Easy there haha I get being excited though.

But yes, BS that Geno was never allowed an opportunity to push Russ when the descent was becoming overt and obvious. That's on Pete.
100% agree, I have been saying the way Pete handled Russ was unbecoming of a head coach.

toffee

Reaction score
Whelp if a .500 QB gets us 3 Owls I'm ALL IN MANG!! Trading for multiple picks, 3/100 million dollar contracts, franchise tags, not drafting an QB for the future ? It's week 4 I'm beginning to wonder if you all are serious?
Excuse us for feeling happy, our starting QB was ranked #33 in a league with 32 teams, experts pronounced him as trash before a snap. When this #33 ranked QB elevated his game to top 10 and now probably top 5 by most analytics, WE FEEL HAPPY, not sure why you don't.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I'm going to pass on the topic of the thread (I'm sorry but nah), but I will respond to this...

The former Seahawk QB who is short of stature but tall of ego was successful because when the chips were down, he stepped his game up a notch or two. Increase the pressure and increase his success. He WANTS the game on his shoulders.

Geno, at least thus far, is quite unsuccessful when he gets the ball at the end of a game and the win or loss depends on his play. He'll take a sack, or throw an interception. His play this year and last during the first half of games has been really impressive. And maybe, just maybe, he can grow out of his late game 'try too hard' habit given some time and confidence. But he's not that other guy.
I don't agree with this assessment. Geno has been fine at the end of games, our offense overall hasn't. Tyler fell. DK fumbled. Our kicker misses a gimme. Our O-Line gets called for a BS hold. Etc.

Prior to each and every one of those things happening, Geno hit a shot or started a drive that was moving along. And he led our team to answer every single time the Lions came within striking distance today.

It's tough in the NFL for ANY QB to lead a game-winning drive in tough situations. It's doubly tough for them to be expected to do it more than once because of something outside of their control going wrong.

Has Geno had bad moments on offense in late game situations? Yeah, he absolutely has, but he's also delivered just fine in late game, pressure filled moments and then had it taken away by something completely out of his control.

toffee

Reaction score
I'm going to pass on the topic of the thread (I'm sorry but nah), but I will respond to this...

I don't agree with this assessment. Geno has been fine at the end of games, our offense overall hasn't. Tyler fell. DK fumbled. Our kicker misses a gimme. Our O-Line gets called for a BS hold. Etc.

Prior to each and every one of those things happening, Geno hit a shot or started a drive that was moving along. And he led our team to answer every single time the Lions came within striking distance today.

It's tough in the NFL for ANY QB to lead a game-winning drive in tough situations. It's doubly tough for them to be expected to do it more than once because of something outside of their control going wrong.

Has Geno had bad moments on offense in late game situations? Yeah, he absolutely has, but he's also delivered just fine in late game, pressure filled moments and then had it taken away by something completely out of his control.
120%

calling Geno "I didn't call back" Smith a game manager is simply inaccurate, game managers do not do what you ably described, game managers can't overcome all those negative events. Sorry game managers just can't.

Rat

Reaction score

It's difficult to take you seriously when you hyperbolize everything.

morgulon1

Reaction score

What was going though Geno's mind when he stood on the sideline all these years with a smile, before going over the kiss some diva azz.
it shows you what a selfish POS glory whore Dangerwich is. He doesnt care about team.
Glory hole is more like it.

cymatica

Reaction score

This. Seems like he's had a few bad breaks that you can't pin all on him, or at least say that he made a bad decision.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score

The problem with continuing this narrative is that things haven't supported that narrative for quite awhile. The other guy is not that guy you still think he is. And Geno may very well be the guy to carry the team to the end. He certainly handled the offense exactly as that kind of guy today.

Going forward, time will tell, but at what point will others let go of the preconceptions that continue to be disproven. It seems quite clear that the Seahawks have been on board with Geno for much longer than any of us here can claim.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I seem to remember the Hawks paying a free agent QB quite a lot of money to lose the starting job to Russ after a statistically better game against the Lions.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Geno looked great this week but let’s not anoint him for playing well against that Lions defense. They are not very good at all.

With that said I think Geno can be a suitable quarterback but he’s not our future. We still need to look forward to find our franchise guy.
Well he did score a good amount more against them then any of their previous 3 opponents did. I don't care how bad a defense is, no punts is the pinnacle of offensive performance