There’s at least one qb handling his socials worse than russ

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Lamar can play on my team anytime. He's real, unlike phony fake Bronco boy.

acer1240

Reaction score
Wow. Not sure what to think. Will the NFL fine him? It's ok to think it but to publish it on Twitter?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Wow. Not sure what to think. Will the NFL fine him? It's ok to think it but to publish it on Twitter?

He’s not the first player to swear on Twitter, but he At least didn’t say a Racial slur.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Uh oh, a reporter did see something homophobic tho. Lamar responded.

5thgen

Reaction score
I don't think it was homophobic - women do it all the time. It was definitely a lapse in judgement and control, however.

Torc

Reaction score
The dude wasn't saying Lamar is a bad player or anything. He's just suggesting that maybe spreading that money around more players instead of a high percentage of the cap going to one player may result in a better team. You know, the kind of thing that gets discussed here all the time. Can you imagine if last year Russ came into this board and started saying something like that to people who said he wasn't worth that much of the cap? Or Geno coming into the discussion about his possible contract and telling people to eat dick?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
No way anyone in the league would offer Lamar up to 200m for 5 years Now or probably ever.

Mobile diva qbs are a poor all In investment as everyone has seen from Kyler and Russ. He will be lucky if he gets 3 years at 30m, with the first two guaranteed.

Torc

Reaction score
Are you kidding? Deshaun Watson got 5 years, $230 million with a couple dozen lawsuits hanging over him. Lamar is way more valuable than Deshaun even without that.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Are you kidding? Deshaun Watson got 5 years, $230 million with a couple dozen lawsuits hanging over him. Lamar is way more valuable than Deshaun even without that.

Not anymore. Not even the super desperate Broncos did a full guarantee, or the Cardinals.

Plus, most mobile qbs are like that because they can’t be pocket passers effectively.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
No way anyone in the league would offer Lamar up to 200m for 5 years Now or probably ever.

Mobile diva qbs are a poor all In investment as everyone has seen from Kyler and Russ. He will be lucky if he gets 3 years at 30m, with the first two guaranteed.
First I agree with the guys tweet.
We have had the $ paying Me3 threads on here against it but
they still happend unfortunately.
Some team will be very stupid and pay him way more than he
is worth.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I don't think it was homophobic - women do it all the time. It was definitely a lapse in judgement and control, however.
It was unintentionally homophobic, in that Lamar tried to think of the nastiest, most vulgar thing he could say to the other Twitter user, and what he came up with was saying that the person engaged in certain activities associated with a gay male lifestyle.

I'd call that homophobic. Had to think about it, though, because at first it just comes off as Lamar wanted to say the most vulgar, hateful, demeaning thing possible to this person. The original comment was entirely reasonable, questioning the wisdom of giving Lamar a huge contract vs having $$$ left to build the team overall.

Lamar probably cost himself millions with that foolishness. Should be interesting to see what the Ravens do, franchise him vs. a long term contract. Personally, I think the risk is high, like RGIII, Jackson could get injured in a way that negates his mobility, (ironically, RGIII got injured while playing the Ravens) and many Ravens posters seem to think Jackson would be a below-average QB without that elite mobility and running ability.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It was unintentionally homophobic, in that Lamar tried to think of the nastiest, most vulgar thing he could say to the other Twitter user, and what he came up with was saying that the person engaged in certain activities associated with a gay male lifestyle.

I'd call that homophobic. Had to think about it, though, because at first it just comes off as Lamar wanted to say the most vulgar, hateful, demeaning thing possible to this person. The original comment was entirely reasonable, questioning the wisdom of giving Lamar a huge contract vs having $$$ left to build the team overall.

Lamar probably cost himself millions with that foolishness. Should be interesting to see what the Ravens do, franchise him vs. a long term contract. Personally, I think the risk is high, like RGIII, Jackson could get injured in a way that negates his mobility, (ironically, RGIII got injured while playing the Ravens) and many Ravens posters seem to think Jackson would be a below-average QB without that elite mobility and running ability.
They are correct..
I suspect he has a slow processor like Me3 but his arm is not as good and he runs way too
much to sustain himself 2-3 yrs from now.
This sandlot crap doesn't prolong their time as they just age faster with every hit and injury.
Sure it excites some but it isn't a QB in the pocket learning "The Game".
To me?It's just an easier way out of doing all the things you need to learn but looking good
in doing so.