Russ selling his Denver house...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Still hasn't sold his Seattle home yet..thats a lot of money tied up in vacant properties...guy better just rent an apartment at his next short lived stay with his next team..

LastRideOut

Reaction score
When I saw the post about him hawking his merch on his insta or X, whatever it is, the first thought that came to mind was Russ is probably a better salesman than he is a QB.

But then I see stuff like this, with his Seattle house and now his Denver house on sale, I think Ok maybe he's not such a hot salesman/businessman after all.

I mean, who is going to buy merch from a washed up benched QB? Complete inability to make sound business decisions on display for all.

Who is going to buy a house in a gated community for $25 mil? No smart businessman would.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Still hasn't sold his Seattle home yet..thats a lot of money tied up in vacant properties...guy better just rent an apartment at his next short lived stay with his next team..
I think he has lifestyled his way out of that option. You're right, it would be the smart and fiscally responsible thing to do. I just don't see him renting, unless he's going to be a geo-bachelor for a while, and I don't see that happening either.

NoGain

Reaction score
It sure does seem that the majority of the time rich celebrities try to sell a pricey estate they paid up for they end up reducing the list price below what they paid for it. I'm probably wrong about this, and just happen to come across more stories where this is the case.

keasley45

Reaction score
If he was smart, he would have created a product that was entirely disassociated from himself and Ciara and just rolled with it like that.

Instead, his and her name and identity are all over everything.

Or he just could have back an existing brand.

I guess he thought he was ascendant in the way Jordan is.

Russ's sales depend 100% on his performance and image. Crap performance plus poor image equals no sales.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't think he's lived there for 24 months yet and would be subject to a capital gains tax on the increase in value, and if housing prices are anything like they are where I live, that increase could be substantial.

However, I'm not a tax expert so I don't know if or how those things can be avoided. If they can't, he'd be better off waiting until summer to complete a sale.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If it's your primary residence, I don't think capital gains applies if you purchase another primary residence in the same year.

I'm not a tax expert either lol

NoGain

Reaction score
I don't think he's lived there for 24 months yet and would be subject to a capital gains tax on the increase in value, and if housing prices are anything like they are where I live, that increase could be substantial.

However, I'm not a tax expert so I don't know if or how those things can be avoided. If they can't, he'd be better off waiting until summer to complete a sale.
I think it depends upon many things. Sure, as a general rule housing prices go up over time, as they have especially done so in, say, the last 7-8 years or so. But I'd be curious about those ultra costly vanity estates, that very tippy top tier. Why is it that I read time after time where some ultra rich celebrity paid up big for some vanity estate and when it came time to sell, it's either on the market forever, or they end up listing it/selling it below the price they paid for it, even in times of economic growth?

BASF

Reaction score
I think it depends upon many things. Sure, as a general rule housing prices go up over time, as they have especially done so in, say, the last 7-8 years or so. But I'd be curious about those ultra costly vanity estates, that very tippy top tier. Why is it that I read time after time where some ultra rich celebrity paid up big for some vanity estate and when it came time to sell, it's either on the market forever, or they end up listing it/selling it below the price they paid for it, even in times of economic growth?
Truth is that those vanity estates are built to the specifications of the owner. If someone is rich enough to buy one, why wouldn't they deal with renovating to their specs when they can just their own?

NoGain

Reaction score
Truth is that those vanity estates are built to the specifications of the owner. If someone is rich enough to buy one, why wouldn't they deal with renovating to their specs when they can just their own?
Yeah, that's certainly part of it.

toffee

Reaction score
I looked at his houses in Seattle and Denver online, both were BIG, lots of everything, they are the home version of his truck. But they just ain't too likeable or no character.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Remember Zorn & Largent pulling up to the Kingdome in a yellow VW beetle?
Back as late as the 60's, players had to take a 2nd job in the offseason so they could make enough money to pay the bills. George Blanda, an MVP, drove a beer truck for a distributor.

That's one of the biggest disconnects between today's professional athletes and their fans, ie their income.