Russ selling his Denver house...

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
The houses on the estate that includes Wentworth golf club, an exclusive club in an estate with private roads and checkpoints on the entrances. Are on the second and sometimes third property. Any new buyer demolishes the property and builds a new one to their specifications.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Back as late as the 60's, players had to take a 2nd job in the offseason so they could make enough money to pay the bills. George Blanda, an MVP, drove a beer truck for a distributor.

That's one of the biggest disconnects between today's professional athletes and their fans, ie their income.
Yep...

Reminds of the story of Eagles HOF'er "Concrete" Chuck Bednarik (who famously laid out the pretty boy Frank Gifford captured in an iconic photo).

He was tough as hell, so people assumed his nickname of Concrete Charlie stemmed from his style of play.

Nope, his nickname came from the fact that he worked concrete in the off season. Crazy stuff.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Both homes together valued around 50M, including 19 bathrooms.
If I contributed every cent of my income for five hundred years I could own them, I'd probably still piss off the back porch though.
LMAO, In AK we carry a stick and pee off the front porch...

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Yep...

Reminds of the story of Eagles HOF'er "Concrete" Chuck Bednarik (who famously laid out the pretty boy Frank Gifford captured in an iconic photo).

He was tough as hell, so people assumed his nickname of Concrete Charlie stemmed from his style of play.

Nope, his nickname came from the fact that he worked concrete in the off season. Crazy stuff.
You got any concrete evidence to support that claim?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yep...

I hadn't heard that story, thanks for sharing it. Bednarik was a bit before my time. It reminds me of the story how Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds got his nickname:

He (Reynolds) earned his nickname in 1969 by cutting an abandoned 1953 Chevrolet Bel Air (some accounts claim it was a Porsche) in half with a hacksaw after his previously unbeaten Volunteers returned from an embarrassing 38ā€“0 road loss to Ole Miss. "I came back to school and I was very upset," Reynolds said. "I had to do something to relieve my frustration." He decided to turn the abandoned car into a trailer for his newly purchased Jeep. After working through the night on the project, chewing through 13 hacksaw blades, he returned the next day with some teammates to show off his handiwork. However, when they arrived, both halves of the car were gone. For the remainder of his career, the nickname stuck.

Torc

Reaction score
Back as late as the 60's, players had to take a 2nd job in the offseason so they could make enough money to pay the bills. George Blanda, an MVP, drove a beer truck for a distributor.

That's one of the biggest disconnects between today's professional athletes and their fans, ie their income.
Largent made $1.35 million in 1989.

That was the highest Seahawk salary ever, and the highest WR up to that point in the NFL.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Yes. He actually ended up being the best Viper pilot on the Galactica.

I prefer the female version played by Katee Sackhoff. She's actually local, and went to I believe, Beaverton High School near where I lived. The BSG reboot is great, until the 4th season when it gets a little religious.

Number Six has always been hot. When BSG aired, she looked a bit like my wife, cept my wife tit's are a bit bigger.

Six

Last edited:

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I hadn't heard that story, thanks for sharing it. Bednarik was a bit before my time. It reminds me of the story how Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds got his nickname:

He (Reynolds) earned his nickname in 1969 by cutting an abandoned 1953 Chevrolet Bel Air (some accounts claim it was a Porsche) in half with a hacksaw after his previously unbeaten Volunteers returned from an embarrassing 38ā€“0 road loss to Ole Miss. "I came back to school and I was very upset," Reynolds said. "I had to do something to relieve my frustration." He decided to turn the abandoned car into a trailer for his newly purchased Jeep. After working through the night on the project, chewing through 13 hacksaw blades, he returned the next day with some teammates to show off his handiwork. However, when they arrived, both halves of the car were gone. For the remainder of his career, the nickname stuck.
I had heard a different story on how Hacksaw Reynolds got his name, I had heard he got divorced the judge awarded his prize corvette to his ex wife so in the middle of the night he sawed it in half to spite her

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Yep...

My late FIL told me a similar story of Badnarik working at a local cement plant in the off season. The tackle on Gifford was known as ā€œthe hitā€ which is thought of to be the hardest hit in NFL history ( at least at the time)

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Yep...

I saw videos of him on You Tube .. The guy was a character and fun to listen to.
His mom pops up in one vid and it was funny.
That hit on Gifford was vicious but that is how it was played then and the Eagles
won the championship from it.
I believe he was the last full time 2 way player also.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I had heard a different story on how Hacksaw Reynolds got his name, I had heard he got divorced the judge awarded his prize corvette to his ex wife so in the middle of the night he sawed it in half to spite her
Yeah, I got the story I posted from Wiki, so who knows if there's any truth to it. What I had always heard was that Reynolds got so pissed off that he cut up a car one day using just a hacksaw. I never heard any of the details.