The Ultimate Seahawks RB Poll!

Which Seattle Running Back, In Their Prime, Would You Want TODAY?

• Curt Warner

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Ricky Waters

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • John L. Williams

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Shaun Alexander

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • Mack Strong

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Marshawn Lynch

Votes: 58 63.7%
  • Kenneth Walker III

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other (Please Indicate In The Tread, Thanks!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Boohman14

Reaction score
John L could do it all. Catch, block, run and pop off big gains. Curt Warner was a lot like OJ Simpson in his style. Quick,decisive and 0 to 60 in a nanosecond. Alexander in his prime was a threat to score anywhere on the field. I though he was better than Warner in his heyday.

But My vote was for Lynch. Lynch wore down defenses and exposed cowards in the secondary. He was a punishing runner and the true heart of our Superbowl teams. He was a team first guy and played for his teammates. His intangibles were priceless and he made statement runs nearly every week.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
In his prime he had TWO HOF linemen blocking.......
Do the linemen come in this deal if you vote for him?
He can't control who was on his team. Yes, he was fortunate to run behind those guys. I'm not sure how to really answer that question.

I'll throw a counter question to you, which may be off topic but does go with the Shaun Alexander discussion: Do you believe Emmitt Smith deserves to be in the Hall of Fame?

Torc

Reaction score
I went with Marshawn in my vote; we saw so little of Curt Warner at his best, unfortunately. Marshawn's power was unlike any other Seahawk RB. I don't know that there's a single football player of any position that I'd rather watch than Marshawn in his prime. He simply exerted his will on the game.

But I have to say that Mack Strong is simply the best football player name ever. The. Best.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
The poll question says take the guy in his prime year. That would be Alexander 2005. 2,000 yards. 28 TD's.

OP
OP
FPD

FPD

Reaction score
I haven't posted my opinion until now so as to be minimally impactful to the poll. I know I didn't get everyone up there, but that's what the "Other" category is for. And I included Mack Strong because, well, he's Mack Strong! These were just the guys off the top of my head in only a few minutes time. So if I missed one or two, I apologize!

I wavered myself, between Lynch and Warner. As some have pointed out, it was "In Their Prime". Warner in his Prime was just a blast to watch run the ball. Lynch in his prime was a Beast running the ball. How do you choose?

Well, as was also pointed out, it was who "Would You Want Today?". The answer for this starts with the offensive lines they had in their own days. Off the top of your head, how many stud, Pro Bowler, or HOF'er offensive lineman can you name whom Warner ran behind? How about Lynch? There you go.

Remember, I said the answer "starts" with the above. Where it goes after debate and scrutiny, I don't know. However, in today's system, My choice is Mr. Curt Warner!

Ruminator

Reaction score
Alexander also had the best O line with Hutchinson and Walt
Yes. Marshawn often had to slither, or create his own path, through a bunch of bodies, so he was a thudding RB when he needed to be. SA, on the other hand, was fortunate to have guys on the OL who did most of the thudding work themselves. Not to compare Marshawn vs SA because they have entirely different styles, but the majority of highlight vids of Shaun getting yards tend to also show how the OL was adept at opening things up for him. Sometimes a player's success is largely the result of being with the right team at the right time, and that's what I think whenever I think about SA.

Reactions: FPD

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yes. Marshawn often had to slither, or create his own path, through a bunch of bodies, so he was a thudding RB when he needed to be. SA, on the other hand, was fortunate to have guys on the OL who did most of the thudding work themselves. Not to compare Marshawn vs SA because they have entirely different styles, but the majority of highlight vids of Shaun getting yards tend to also show how the OL was adept at opening things up for him. Sometimes a player's success is largely the result of being with the right team at the right time, and that's what I think whenever I think about SA.
Whenever I see Montana highlights I think how lucky he was to be in Walsh's system with Rice

Whenever I see MJ highlights I think how lucky he was to be in Jackson's Triangle offense with Pippen.

You're right about Shaun being on the right team at the right time. I just don't agree with people using that against him.

Last edited:

Ruminator

Reaction score
Whenever I see Montana highlights I think how lucky he was to be in Walsh's system with Rice

Whenever I see MJ highlights I think how lucky has was to be in Jackson's Triangle offense with Pippen.

You're right about Shaun being on the right team at the right time. I just don't agree with people using that against him.
Used that as the reasoning for selecting Marshawn in this poll, actually.

scutterhawk

Reaction score

Whenever I see MJ highlights I think how lucky has was to be in Jackson's Triangle offense with Pippen.

If people do just a little research, they'd discover that some of SA's big runs were on the RIGHT SIDE.
SA didn't have that all World O-Line when he tore it up @ Alabama, because it's what HE produced AFTER he got PAST his O-Line.
That he didn't want to take an unnecessary pounding for an extra yard or two, doesn't make you "Soft", it makes for a LONGER CAREER, putting up more & more BIG NUMBERS.
For ME it's all about the end results and Shaun Alexander's PRODUCTION, and his numbers are in the books and are undisputable.
I get the folks that believe that a player should just sacrifice his body like a beast and take whatever punishment they sustain from the pounding for that extra yard or two, but there ain't nothing wrong with slashing a D-Line line, fending off feeble arm tackles and SCORING either.