The Ultimate Seahawks RB Poll!

Which Seattle Running Back, In Their Prime, Would You Want TODAY?

• Curt Warner

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Ricky Waters

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • John L. Williams

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Shaun Alexander

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • Mack Strong

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Marshawn Lynch

Votes: 58 63.7%
  • Kenneth Walker III

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other (Please Indicate In The Tread, Thanks!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FPD

Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day. It has been bugging me as to which Seattle running back, in their prime, would the fans choose for the current team. I'm having a hard time choosing. So let's see what y'all think!

✌️ :cool:

Ruminator

Reaction score
Key consideration: in his prime. Marshawn had an array of jaw-dropping abilities, the most incredible of which was being able to drag a pile of defenders with him to pick up a few additional yards, which he was really only able to do for a couple of in-his-prime seasons. He was also highly versatile, catching passes, blocking, and doing play actions. He was also keenly aware of the QB during plays and was often available as a last-ditch option when everything else broke down. And the final factor: hugely entertaining to watch. He is easily my vote.

seabowl

Reaction score
Ricky Watters was sooo underrated. Ran hard, great hands, fierce competitor. Loved Warner too.

Reactions: FPD

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Shaun Alexander. I know the narrative around here is that he was soft and benefited from a good line.
However, he had amazing vision and had a knack for finding the cut back better than any back I've ever seen. Deceptive quickness, elite top end speed and displayed power when necessary. Complete back in his prime

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Interesting list. Strong and John L were primarily FBs. Strong especially. John L filled in very nicely in the RB role when Warner went down.

My guess is that a lot of folks will pick Marshawn. Mainly because he’s fairly recent and not forgotten but mostly because he was the RB on the greatest Seahawks team ever.

My top 2 from this list are Warner and Alexander. They are my top 2 on any Seahawks list.

If this list is revisited in about 5 years K9 could possibly be at the top. 10 games into his roookie season isn’t enough to elevate him. However, this list is which RB you want in their prime for this team. K9 might just be the perfect guy for this team at this time. Fun thing to speculate about!

sdog1981

Reaction score
John L. Williams would have been interesting to see on this team. He had very underrated hands and is still ranked 5th on the team in all-time receptions with 471.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Definitely surprised Chris wasn’t on this list, definitely underrated. For my money, gotta go Lynch. I’m all about that action boss!

Lynch was a joy to watch, and he made everyone better. Ultimate teammate.

BASF

Reaction score
My guess is that more than ninety percent of the people on this board never got to see Curt Warner play before the knee injury. He was fantastic to the point of being special. I voted for him because he was the best back we have ever had in his rookie season. He was still good after blowing out his knee, but he was never the same. Truth is that his size for the game today is problematic. Backs at only 200 pounds do not last very long nowadays. Even out of the back field he had good hands. At only 200 pounds nowadays, I doubt he would be great at picking up the larger sized blitzers in the league, but he was not a liability at the time.

Last edited:

Spohawks

Reaction score
We don't know what the 3rd looks like in his prime yet.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Shaun Alexander. I know the narrative around here is that he was soft and benefited from a good line.
However, he had amazing vision and had a knack for finding the cut back better than any back I've ever seen. Deceptive quickness, elite top end speed and displayed power when necessary. Complete back in his prime
Yeah, that is the stupidest narrative on this board & that's saying something. He was something special.

My vote has to go to Shaun Alexander with honorable mention to Curt Warner, who was also special, & Marshawn Lynch who was a beast in every sense of the word.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Also who was that steelers RB who played for the hawks for a year or so in the early 80s? He didn't suck in his prime.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
He was soft and ran behind the best left side O-Line in the history of football...He also had great vision and cut back ability.

But at the end of his career in Seattle, people will always remember his unwillingness to take any for of a hit. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Strong wasn't a RB.
I am going to stop you right there. Fullbacks and Halfbacks are running backs. Running back is the family name. Fullback and Halfback are subsets. That is not even getting into the fact that WRs are lined up in the backfield too and are technically wing-backs.

Spohawks

Reaction score
I am going to stop you right there. Fullbacks and Halfbacks are running backs. Running back is the family name. Fullback and Halfback are subsets. That is not even getting into the fact that WRs are lined up in the backfield too and are technically wing-backs.
I stand corrected.