The official debate Wilson thread.

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
I'm hoping the criticism of RW in this game is a funny joke. Did people watch the game? Outside a couple of passes his accuracy and decision making was about as good as you can get. Lol. People will make such irrational arguments sometimes.

edogg23

Reaction score
All I know is that the seahawks could have come out and taken a crap all over the field in the second half and it would have been better than that passing game!

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":1dswztfy said:
oh, well then that makes it much better. why did i ever doubt im a whole 16 yards. alex smith could close his eyes and throw for more than 16yards

Is that why he threw that stupid interception?

He had about 40 more yards than Wilson tonight, throwing checkdowns to Gore. He's a seasoned vet of what? 7-8 years now? Wilson is a rookie.

Thems the facts.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":1cbhezoq said:
Russ Willstrong":1cbhezoq said:
Seriously, Wilson DID NOT HAVE -2 YARDS in the second half. He had 16 yards on the final pass.
You fulks might want to take first grade math over.

oh, well then that makes it much better. why did i ever doubt im a whole 16 yards. alex smith could close his eyes and throw for more than 16yards

Hahaha! I stand corrected, he threw for 16 yards in the second half. (your post, not you, is a)Boner.

VHawk

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":1nef94xx said:
VHawk":1nef94xx said:
At this point if you are calling for RW to be benched for Matt Flynn you are just an ignorant hand job!

You were impressed with Wilson? Please let me know what I am missing (start with the dropped passes...but keep in mind I will remind you how he has a top 3 running game and top 5 defense)

Sick of the excuses

Yeah you are right he should start running the routes after he throws the ball too.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
And thus the journey begins to ten pages before the thread comes to an unsatisfactory conclusion some time over the weekend.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I would say Wilson played about the same as Alex Smith. Almost identical minus the td and adding those 5 dropped passes.

Lithium

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2htgwcki said:
GoldenIsThyTate":2htgwcki said:

He had about 40 more yards than Wilson tonight, throwing checkdowns to Gore. He's a seasoned vet of what? 7-8 years now? Wilson is a rookie.

Thems the facts.

at least he is smart enough to throw the check downs

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I just don't think the loss can be put on Wilson's shoulders at all. Bad play calling, bad line play and WR's that just kept dropping the ball. OK, the interception was on Wilson. But beyond that, I just don't think it was his fault.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
VHawk":23xb0bug said:
Hawk Strap":23xb0bug said:
VHawk":23xb0bug said:
At this point if you are calling for RW to be benched for Matt Flynn you are just an ignorant hand job!

You were impressed with Wilson? Please let me know what I am missing (start with the dropped passes...but keep in mind I will remind you how he has a top 3 running game and top 5 defense)

Sick of the excuses

Yeah you are right he should start running the routes after he throws the ball too.

Again, have you ever heard of a guy throwing for 16 yards in a half. EVER? Hell, Charlie Whitehurst threw for 91 yards in a whole game.

AGAIN 16 YARDS IN A HALF?!

Lithium

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2zcnipma said:
I just don't think the loss can be put on Wilson's shoulders at all. Bad play calling, bad line play and WR's that just kept dropping the ball. OK, the interception was on Wilson. But beyond that, I just don't think it was his fault.

either do i, never said it was. just saying his play is very, very unimpressive.

OP
OP
seahawksfanatic000

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
all i'm saing is wilson was thrust into a team with subpar pass pro and receivers, which in turn will cause bad decisions to be made. wilsons best part of his game is throwing completions, that is why he set a pass efficiency record in college. if he is not playing quarterback the way he has always played it, hes forcing himself into a bad situation. something needs to happen quickly or we will fall apart

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":2ivnl989 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2ivnl989 said:
GoldenIsThyTate":2ivnl989 said:

Thems the facts.

at least he is smart enough to throw the check downs

Bloody Russell Wilson eh? Missing all those checkdowns today. The nuisance.

By the way I was mistaken... Smith had about 20 more yards than Wilson tonight, not 40. Guess that's what 7 years of work gets you in the league.

Some people need to put the keyboard down tonight.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Why does everything have to be reduced to a purely black and white issue? No single unit or man is solely to blame. Plenty played poorly tonight. Wilson had a tough second half... against a quality defense... as a rookie. The receiver's drops were unacceptable. I was really hoping for a breakout game for the 'Hawk's TEs. I saw regression.

Why is Evan Moore on this team? He can't black... and apparently he can't catch.

Others that stunk it up include Bobby Wagner and Kam against the run.

There is a phrase other team's use without fail when evaluating the Seahawks: they are a different team on the road, and they are.

redeye81

Reaction score
blah blah.. we don't have better so what is there to complain about?

We tried for Manning yet he wouldn't talk to us. we did the best we could..

Wilson won the battle so let's ride him out this year.. draft another guy and let the competition continue..

OP
OP
seahawksfanatic000

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Shane Falco":1o5uw52c said:
On another note, how about that top 3 rushing defense giving up 175 yards tonight?

how bout that top three rushing defense never getting a break?

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
It was tough on the rookie, but I saw nothing that leads me to believe he isn't the future.

I'm more disappointed in the coaching staff. That was the best they could come up with? That was getting players ready to make big plays when their number's called? You don't walk into SF dropping balls and putz-ing around and expect to win. You have to be tight and efficient on O and I saw none of that today.