The Defense

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Im not going to pretend like i know exactly how the Seahawks are going to turn their Defense around, because i don't.

Maybe they are going to bring insome more new players like Irvin, maybe the players they have are turning the corner and becoming better. I just know that its going to happen because thats what the Seahawks coaching staff does.

There is to much talent on the field and to much talent on the coaching staff for it not to happen. There is no doubt in my mind its just a matter of how soon. Im seeing improvement on D its just happening slowly, but its happening.... hopefully Irvin will make an impression in the locker room. Some times thats all it takes is the right vet presence to ignite that D.

Be patient Men of Seattle good things are coming.

nice job OP

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Granted the Giants don't have great receivers, but today felt like it's already getting to the point where teams are going to the other side away from Woolen. I can only think of him getting challenged twice. A knockdown in the first half and then the play where Slayton had to make a great play to pull it away from him.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The biggest story here with the defense is Brooks, imo. He's played great the last few games, he seems more sure of himself. He's been making every tackle

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Granted the Giants don't have great receivers, but today felt like it's already getting to the point where teams are going to the other side away from Woolen. I can only think of him getting challenged twice. A knockdown in the first half and then the play where Slayton had to make a great play to pull it away from him.
noticed that too. everything was to jackson's side. they don't throw deep on him anymore

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
HMMMM as I said in previous threads, Patience Padawans.

PC teams always end up becoming good on D. Last year was the fault of the O putting them on the field for the entire game from 3 and outs.

This is a typical Pete D.
Not always, Pete has had several bad defenses since 2017. His assistant, Ken Norton Jr. I suspect played a large role in that.

keasley45

Reaction score
With the defense playing the way it is and the offense only really stopping itself... this team is right now, today, a contender. The best teams in the NFC are probably the cowboys and the eagles. I can see us going toe to toe with either of them and if it comes down to Home field advantage in the playoffs, us winning against either.

The Vikings are solid bit I'm not as impressed by them because they play a different brand of ball. We can intimidate them.

Rebuild my a$$.

Rebuild these.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Im certainly not looking past the Niners as much as i really want too good football team hampared by injury.. also Atlanta seems to have some magic happening.

But the Seahawks have something really special happening they are no longer under the radar.

chrispy

Reaction score
Young team still growing but also prone to young team mistakes. It would be unreasonable (to me) to expect head-to-head wins over Vikings, Eagles, Cowboys, 9rs.... It's very cool to have confidence that it's possible and Seahawks can be in every game. But, I still think there's a measurable chance things go wrong. (I'm not disagreeing with above posts, just clarifying my perspective)

I'm much more comfortable saying I expect wins in those matchups next year.