The Defense

Rainger

Reaction score
With the defense playing the way it is and the offense only really stopping itself... this team is right now, today, a contender. The best teams in the NFC are probably the cowboys and the eagles. I can see us going toe to toe with either of them and if it comes down to Home field advantage in the playoffs, us winning against either.

The Vikings are solid bit I'm not as impressed by them because they play a different brand of ball. We can intimidate them.

Rebuild my a$$.

Rebuild these.
Noooo you cant say that the people on this site have spoken.

This team is in total rebuild because they got rid of the player holding them back.

evergreen

Reaction score
Our offense doesn’t kill the D like in the past. By this I mean all those 3 & outs we used to have. Now we have elite back end which backs up the other side. Put a top 5 D lineman on this team! Oh well next year. Bring on the Chiefs!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Young team still growing but also prone to young team mistakes. It would be unreasonable (to me) to expect head-to-head wins over Vikings, Eagles, Cowboys, 9rs.... It's very cool to have confidence that it's possible and Seahawks can be in every game. But, I still think there's a measurable chance things go wrong. (I'm not disagreeing with above posts, just clarifying my perspective)

I'm much more comfortable saying I expect wins in those matchups next year.

We just beat the 6-1 Giants by two touchdowns

Why couldnt we go head to head with other 6-1 type teams?

And why are you throwing the 9ers in that grouping? Werent they under .500 a few hours ago?

chrispy

Reaction score
We just beat the 6-1 Giants by two touchdowns

Why couldnt we go head to head with other 6-1 type teams?

And why are you throwing the 9ers in that grouping? Werent they under .500 a few hours ago?
I'm not trying to be a downer. I just saw too many mistakes today (in my opinion) to consistently beat playoff teams. I hope I'm wrong, but I think '23 is the next (of multiple) deep playoff run(s) I'll be very happy to be wrong. I'm not trying to convince anyone. Cheers to you for believing while I'm stuck with my depressing cynicism.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
No
I'm not trying to be a downer. I just saw too many mistakes today (in my opinion) to consistently beat playoff teams. I hope I'm wrong, but I think '23 is the next (of multiple) deep playoff run(s) I'll be very happy to be wrong. I'm not trying to convince anyone. Cheers to you for believing while I'm stuck with my depressing cynicism.
There were some mistakes today but the positive thing is the team is good enough to over come them. There were way more positive things than mistakes. This team is not there yet theycwill get better as the season goes on its only week 8. The D has just turned and the O is flashing all over the place but they are NOT playing insync yet. A few more weeks the good thing is they improve every game and one of the things they improved on was only 2 penelty's ( what? one on Pete? Really? Lol)

toffee

Reaction score
When a team with multiple rookie starters, and a QB that hasn't started for years, there will be a learning curve and pain that came with it. Multiple mistakes are expected and making those mistakes now is very helpful to team growth. I may be one of the optimists on .net, because from where I sit, we can challenge all established teams and give them a run for their record.

Hey I advocated the trade of Russ, since 2020, I was one of the first, if not the first to talk up Geno Smith, I couldn't be happier with what's going on. I promised myself a good meal after each win, and I have been feasting.

My football life is very good, thanks to Pete and Geno.

Go Hawks.

Last edited:

Nunya

Reaction score
When a team with multiple rookie starters, and a QB that hasn't started for years, there will be a learning curve and pain that came with it. Multiple mistakes are expected and making those mistakes now is very helpful to team growth. I may be one of the optimists on .net, because from where I sit, we can challenge all established teams and give them a run for their record.

Hey I advocated the trade of Russ, since 2020, I was one of the first, if not the first to talk up Geno Smith, I couldn't be happier with what's going on. I promised myself a good meal after each win, and I have been feasting.

My football life is very good, thanks for Pete and Geno.

Go Hawks.
I hope you gain 20 pounds this season.

Hawkpower

Reaction score

No I understand, I'm just saying we just BEAT a playoff team, by two touchdowns....while making said mistakes

I'm with you that this team is still flawed, but so is nearly every team in the NFC so..... :)

Cheers

rcaido

Reaction score
Man the defense is finally playinh what we expected beginning of the year. If we can get a nice pass rusher and LB this d will be top 7.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yesterday we had a really good defensive plan. We stacked the box and sold out to stop the run, holding one of the best running backs in the league to just 53 yards on 20 carries, contained Daniel Jones, and made him beat us with his arm. This strategy won't work with every team as Jones isn't ready for Prime Time as a passer and other QB's are much more proficient, but it was the perfect formula to stop the Giants' offense.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
You watching the rest of the league? In comparison to most NFC teams, Seattle is playing very clean and solid football. Eagles look pretty good as well, and the Niners have their days but are inconsistent as well.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Seattle is #19 in defensive DVOA and climbing!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They are playing VERY disciplined overall. And the missed tackles have dropped drastically imo. I get the feeling they simplified the defense, and it's paying off.
Shoot, they pretty much shut down Barkley, that is rare. He's a beast.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Defense is playing very well now. Whatever they did to turn it around...thanks for that.

On side note - Any info about Ryan Neal's injury in yesterday's game. It sure didn't look good that he was unable to put any weight on his leg.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Defense is playing very well now. Whatever they did to turn it around...thanks for that.

On side note - Any info about Ryan Neal's injury in yesterday's game. It sure didn't look good that he was unable to put any weight on his leg.
In a bit of positive news, safety Ryan Neal's apparent fourth-quarter injury turned out only to be cramps in both hamstrings.