The Brand vs Colts TNF Game thread

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The fallout today has been pretty scathing in most media outlets. Matt Ryan played poorly as well but seems to have gotten away with it for the most part.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
No offense but I just came on here to make a quick post of my thoughts about Russ after watching that absolute shit show of a game (talk about 3 hours of your life you will never get back) and there is no way I am reading 29 pages in a thread, lol.

I am sure I am not adding anything new to the convo but what in the holy F balls is going on with Russell Wilson??? My only guess is that his confidence has taken a massive blow starting from the loss in Seattle to open the season. He looks absolutely shell shocked out there. Missing wide open receivers like he's Blake Bortles suddenly.

I love rooting against him wearing Broncos orange and of course his failures this year directly relate to our success next April, but just, wow.

Your post reminded me of the situation last fall with Russ returning too soon after his finger surgery and caused me to look at it from the other side of the equation.

Speculation was that Wilson wanted play in order keep his value up for a potential trade. AND he didn't want Geno showing promise ahead of him.

I wasn't looking at it from Pete and John's perspective, but it was smart of them to cater to Wilson's desire for media attention in order to get the greatest value possible. In addition, Geno's ability to fit into the Hawks system was downplayed.

They must have known all along and buried issues are now surfacing.

James in PA

Reaction score
Oh, here we go. Im starting to see some people suggest that the hit he took (when he was evaluated for a concussion and later cleared) was the reason he played so poorly. Give it a rest. 3 is just trash. Simple as that.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
As much grief Teddy and Lock received while in Denver at least they looked NFL average.

Remember Teddy B I think went 7-7 last year so that is the bar Denver has to beat this year with Wilson. In pre season I thought that was very doable. Now? Eh.....
I wonder what Denver would be willing to give us to get Drew back? LOL

sc85sis

Reaction score
Oh, here we go. Im starting to see some people suggest that the hit he took (when he was evaluated for a concussion and later cleared) was the reason he played so poorly. Give it a rest. 3 is just trash. Simple as that.
He wasn't exactly blowing the doors off prior to that hit.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The fallout today has been pretty scathing in most media outlets. Matt Ryan played poorly as well but seems to have gotten away with it for the most part.
Indy didn't trade 2-#1's, 2-#2's, and 3 players for Matt Ryan, nor did they sign him to a quarter BILLION dollar contract, either. Plus Ryan won and Wilson lost.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Russell hasn't been right since his meteoric start to the 2020 season. Last year, he had a horrible 3rd down completion percentage, worst in the league for starting quarterbacks even before his injury, and guess what? The Broncos were 2 for 15 on third downs last night and had 6 drives of 4 or fewer plays.

Russell doesn't look to me like he's lost confidence, to the contrary, if anything, it's the exact opposite, he's overconfident of his abilities. He's jamming balls into tight windows like he tried to do at the end of regulation and on the final play of the game last night.

I'll root against him and the Broncos this season as it is in our best interest as Seahawks that they end up with the worst possible W/L record. After that, I couldn't give two chits how he or the Broncos do. They'll be just another AFC team to me. That doesn't mean that I don't like Russell as a person. To the contrary, I'll be forever grateful to him for bringing us the best period of Seahawk football in franchise history. But except as it relates to my team and with very, very few exceptions, I don't root for individual players.

I agree Russ has not looked himself since 2020 or so. I will respectfully disagree that he hasn't lost confidence. I see it in his face. He's jamming balls into tight windows out of desperation to get something going in his game. He CLEARY missed a WIDE OPEN read on that final play and no wonder that player was slamming his helmet into the ground several times and screaming like a banshee for several moments afterwards.

As for not caring after this season what the Broncos do, totally agree. It's obvious why we care this season. The more they tank, the better our draft equity, period. As for not liking Russell as a person and instead being grateful for the best era of football this franchise has ever seen I couldn't agree more. As a player for us, hat's off. As a human being, fantastic. Sure, he deserves the shade he's getting right now on so many levels but you can't deny he tries to be a model citizen (to the point of it backfiring) and I truly believe his charity work is not disingenuous in the least.

I have a love/hate relationship at the moment of having a love/hate relationship with Russell Wilson. Once a card-carrying Fan Boy, I just have mixed feelings all around but ultimately my loyalty lies with the Seattle Seahawks, not any one player.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Indy didn't trade 2-#1's, 2-#2's, and 3 players for Matt Ryan, nor did they sign him to a quarter BILLION dollar contract, either. Plus Ryan won and Wilson lost.
Thanks for sharing already known information.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
He was arguably playing worse before the hit

John must have woken up this morning desperate for a narrative :)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't have a problem at all with Denver going for it on 4th and 1 with the game on the line and I don't object to their passing the ball in that situation, but I don't understand why in the hell they'd put Russell in the gun and allow the defense to concentrate mostly on defending the pass. Russell had multiple red zone opportunities and couldn't get it done.

I don't have a problem with going for it on 4th and 1 either, but why not put Russ in a roll out/bootleg option to utilize his legs (yes he's lost several steps but can still pick up a first down) so he has the option to pass or pick up the first down on the run? Seems so simple to me. Why are they making it so damn difficult on themselves? Roll out, pass or run for the TD or first down. Game over.

Vesuve

Reaction score
"Broncos Country, Let's Hide!"

Wish I could take credit...

Broncos Country, let's kick field goals.

Broncos Country, let's throw interceptions

Broncos Country, let's punt

Russ has made a mockery of this slogan and he said it again after his shite presser before he walked out....but almost all video feeds edited it out.

The can't stand him in Denver.....They cannot stand him.

sc85sis

Reaction score
About the 4th and 1: Do you recall Russ ever doing a QB sneak? If so, when was the last time he did one? Seems as if that's not a play he makes, which is a problem in my opinion. That's a play I'd want in my toolbox for short-yardage situations.

Latest posts