The Brand vs Colts TNF Game thread

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Man we barely got rid of him in time.
⁉️

the time should have been ~3 seasons ago

... but you're still correct. imagine sinking $50m a year for these next 6 years gone into a decrepit, egocentric, phony, mediocre qb1, then also having to keep that guy happy, and then still having resources to flush out the roster. phew! 😅 the trade is looking like a total loss with incredible sunken cost for the broncos. yikes.

knownone

Reaction score
Excuse me? He checked out of the run to pass on the final play? This guy and his ego...
That's a very misleading quote that omits an entire section between the two comments. So here's a rough translation: They had a run called before the timeout, then changed it during the timeout because of the look the Colts gave them. So it doesn't sound like Russ checked out of a run.

What's weird is Hackett also said, "we got the go to go for it," on that play, which is bizarre for a head coach to say when he'd be the one making that decision. They can't possibly be deferring to Russ on in-game strategy, could they?

toffee

Reaction score
That's a very misleading quote that omits an entire section between the two comments. So here's a rough translation: They had a run called before the timeout, then changed it during the timeout because of the look the Colts gave them. So it doesn't sound like Russ checked out of a run.

What's weird is Hackett also said, "we got the go to go for it," on that play, which is bizarre for a head coach to say when he'd be the one making that decision. They can't possibly be deferring to Russ on in-game strategy, could they?
PARTNER, equal partnership, Russ has a say in play calling, and roster movements. Basically sounded like Russ has a say or final say on roster, play calling and game planning.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
There's still gold quotes churning from the letsride forums:

"on these short yardage plays get his ass under center and run it with a lead FB this shot gun crap is not working..."

"This reminds me of a guy who cant find a girlfriend so he tries to steal his friends. But the friend said, lol, take it."

"Do you guys remember when we compared Russ to Peyton Manning coming to Denver in 2012 fun times."

"Seattle has to be elated. Their draft pics are going to be top 5. What a great move they made."

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No offense but I just came on here to make a quick post of my thoughts about Russ after watching that absolute shit show of a game (talk about 3 hours of your life you will never get back) and there is no way I am reading 29 pages in a thread, lol.

I am sure I am not adding anything new to the convo but what in the holy F balls is going on with Russell Wilson??? My only guess is that his confidence has taken a massive blow starting from the loss in Seattle to open the season. He looks absolutely shell shocked out there. Missing wide open receivers like he's Blake Bortles suddenly.

I love rooting against him wearing Broncos orange and of course his failures this year directly relate to our success next April, but just, wow.

Rat

Reaction score
Here are some funny quotes on the Broncos reddit in a thread about Russ' post-game interview. He's really losing the fan base right now. BTW, every asterisked-out word is the f-word. I guess you can't say that in this forum.

"Dude really threw 2 horrible picks against a trash defense...missed a wide open guy and drove the offense to a great 9 points and said let's ride."

"This guy is tone def to everything but his own ******* ego"

"This is getting ridiculous and it’s getting tired at this point. The guy seems more concerned with branding and his image than production on the field"

"Jokingly, but also half serious...will trade Russell Wilson for Geno Smith 1 for 1 at this point"

"Trade this motherfucker. He got paid and doesn't give a ****."

"Listen, I’m not piling on but Russ just is a walking brand slogan. He’s not a team guy."

"I want off this ride"

"I would have rather kept lock."

"Trade him for ******* magic beans at this point."

"He can’t show his face anywhere other than Children’s Hospital rn."
Someone's response to the above quote: "That’s pretty rough. Those kids are suffering enough already."

keasley45

Reaction score
No offense but I just came on here to make a quick post of my thoughts about Russ after watching that absolute shit show of a game (talk about 3 hours of your life you will never get back) and there is no way I am reading 29 pages in a thread, lol.

I am sure I am not adding anything new to the convo but what in the holy F balls is going on with Russell Wilson??? My only guess is that his confidence has taken a massive blow starting from the loss in Seattle to open the season. He looks absolutely shell shocked out there. Missing wide open receivers like he's Blake Bortles suddenly.

I love rooting against him wearing Broncos orange and of course his failures this year directly relate to our success next April, but just, wow.

(x) Bevell, (x) Schotty, (x) Waldron, (xx) meddling Pete, (x) Hackett.

Still not convinced?

What's wrong with Wilson? Same thing that was wrong with him here. The difference here is that instead of expecting Russ to make the right reads to move the offense, we gave him a script to read from that allowed him to maximize what he could do and minimize what he couldn't. And we were hamstrung by it, but not to the degree that Denver is now bevause there are no brakes on his ego or belief that he can play a style of game it was always obvious he could not.

If you watched the tape, you could see him struggling similarly when he was here. The only thing I'll say is that now, in Denver, he's doubled down on forcing the Brady styled play. He can't do it. Pete reeled in his ego for years and kept him on schedule to hide the fact that this is who Russ might be if he was allowed to play a traditional qbs game. Pete knew he couldn't, but the entire time, praised him for what he could do and did well... he allowed him to fail safely and then cut him loose to succeed late in halves.

Russ asked for what hes getting. Pete sacrificed his team to make things work with Russ and elevate his game. And, in return, Russ slung crap all over his HC and FO for the generosity.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes before Hackett calls the spade to save his job and rips the bandaid off on what is looking like one of the worst trades (for Denver) in the history of the league. That's not to say that Hackett is without fault. But there have been plays there to be made.

keasley45

Reaction score
One image that about sums up one Mr Unlimited.

Makes it easier to understand the finger from Earl, the diss from Lynch, and the exodus of players from the team after Pete chose to ride with a qb who would on a regular basis make mistakes like this, rather than going with the real strength of the team.

I dont think he will get the soft glove treatment from his teammates or front office that he got here. Pete's not around to protect him anymore.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221007-105420_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221007-105420_Chrome.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20221007-105848_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221007-105848_Chrome.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 28

seatownlowdown

Reaction score

when u get a chance go back through this thread, it was on fire during the game, it should be archived, lmao

Scout

Reaction score
That's the point, he should have been looking for that throw based on his PRE snap read. I'm not basing anything off the "still pictures", I'll just trust the analysis of former players who broke it down after the game instead...
That was a well executed rub play and no wonder Hamler was upset.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to go through all 29 pages of comments about last night's game so I apologize for repeating comments others may have made.

I don't have a problem at all with Denver going for it on 4th and 1 with the game on the line and I don't object to their passing the ball in that situation, but I don't understand why in the hell they'd put Russell in the gun and allow the defense to concentrate mostly on defending the pass. Russell had multiple red zone opportunities and couldn't get it done.

The Broncos were 2-15 on 3rd downs. They had 6 drives of 4 or fewer plays. That's exactly what Russell's problem was last year with us, ie he couldn't move the sticks.

It's still early in the season and the Broncos, like nearly every other team in the league, have plenty of time to get it turned around. But after what I saw last night, I'd lay some pretty good money on our getting a top 10 pick from them.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Keep in mind guys, no matter what happens with the coaching (whether Hackett gets fired and replaced or stays), I would venture to say it's a little too late to right the ship. Too many injuries already to their key players, RW is a shell of his former self, and the defense WILL be gassed if they continue to stay on the field for as long as they have, it's only a matter of time. I'm willing to bet the Broncos will get us a 6th or 7th overall pick. Also, I am being generous.
Spot-on, Myrtle.

IMO, you just summed it up perfectly.

RiverDog

Reaction score

Russell hasn't been right since his meteoric start to the 2020 season. Last year, he had a horrible 3rd down completion percentage, worst in the league for starting quarterbacks even before his injury, and guess what? The Broncos were 2 for 15 on third downs last night and had 6 drives of 4 or fewer plays.

Russell doesn't look to me like he's lost confidence, to the contrary, if anything, it's the exact opposite, he's overconfident of his abilities. He's jamming balls into tight windows like he tried to do at the end of regulation and on the final play of the game last night.

I'll root against him and the Broncos this season as it is in our best interest as Seahawks that they end up with the worst possible W/L record. After that, I couldn't give two chits how he or the Broncos do. They'll be just another AFC team to me. That doesn't mean that I don't like Russell as a person. To the contrary, I'll be forever grateful to him for bringing us the best period of Seahawk football in franchise history. But except as it relates to my team and with very, very few exceptions, I don't root for individual players.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I've been a Seahawks fan since 1976, even though I was from all the way across the continent, and until October of 2019, the closest I had ever been to Seattle was Lake Tahoe. So I still really dislike both the Raiders and the Broncos from the Seahawks' days in the AFC West.

That makes it even sweeter for me that the Seahawks so thoroughly won this trade.
Hmmm... off to the thesaurus to see if there are antonyms of "hyperbole," because I understated the crap outta that one. Nope, nothing better than "understatement." Oh well.
Schneider fleeced the living crap out of the Broncos.

It is difficult for me to express just how much I love the fact that the quarter-billion-dollar extension doesn't even start for another 1.71 seasons. The soonest the Broncos can realistically rid themselves of Wilson is in 2026, and even then, they'll have paid him $161M for four years, and they'll have to eat $31.2M in dead cap.

And given the huge hole that the Wilson-forced trade left on the Seahawks' cap this season, and the way he and "Team 3" blamed everyone but Wilson for the Seahawks' problems when he was here, I'm enjoying the crap out of watching him stumble with the Broncos.

Here are a few key moments from last night's game that I especially enjoy:
[Since the preview isn't showing the videos on my browser, I'll include the URLs as links too]

As a link: an easy interception.
The booing is delicious.

This one seems oddly familiar, only instead of ruining my week like last time, it kinda guaranteed a good week:

As a link: a familiar situation

And the end of the game:

As a link: he lives for these situations

Last edited: