Thank god we have Geno Smith -

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
He's grown alot. I just love it. He's really matured into a leader. I thought I'd just revel in that a bit, and post 3 videos that I absolutely fing love from the last week.

Geno for Prez. Seriously. How you can look at these videos and not feel blessed as a Hawks fan that Idiot ME3 is gone, I dunno. THIS is what we've been waiting for. "Go Hawks!" at the end of every press conference? Barf. Actually on a knee - coaching the guys - with love during the game on the sidelines. Saying all the right things, and leading by fing example? PRICELESS. You can't buy this stuff.

Like Any Given Sunday - I'm praying to the football gods. What did we do to deserve this? ;)

And I'd say my Geno love-fest is over - but from what I've seen it's just getting started.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Geno is really embracing this opportunity to be the best version of himself. It's been a pleasure to watch. Geno never had a talent problem. It was always about maturity and his focus on football. He's doing both of those extremely well this time around.

BC Hawkfan

Reaction score
He's grown alot. I just love it. He's really matured into a leader. I thought I'd just revel in that a bit, and post 3 videos that I absolutely fing love from the last week.

Geno for Prez. Seriously. How you can look at these videos and not feel blessed as a Hawks fan that Idiot ME3 is gone, I dunno. THIS is what we've been waiting for. "Go Hawks!" at the end of every press conference? Barf. Actually on a knee - coaching the guys - with love during the game on the sidelines. Saying all the right things, and leading by fing example? PRICELESS. You can't buy this stuff.

Like Any Given Sunday - I'm praying to the football gods. What did we do to deserve this? ;)

And I'd say my Geno love-fest is over - but from what I've seen it's just getting started.

How are you liking him today?

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
How are you liking him today?
Um. Yea, about that.

I HOPED that Waldron would realize that he's gotta dial up a bam bam quick release kinda game for Geno.

Just saw the same old calling. Where's the TE sets? Where's all the quick stuff? On the INT I was like: That's EXACTLY what we shouldn't be doing!!!! Isn't that like the 4th pick in the same spot in as many games. Jesus - he could have run bubble screens to JSN all game and done better than this steaming pile.

I have fully acknowledged that Geno is not good under really any kind of pressure. That sucks. So, even modifying the gameplan is a crutch, but one that I was willing to accept.

I wanna be positive on Geno. I really do. But I'm losin it. Gotta say. And it just seems to be getting worse.

EDIT: and where's the tuck and run by Geno? He still comes up on the LOS like it's kryptonite. There was a play that even Romo mentioned during the game he should have run for the first. Not sure where he's picked up the run allergy - but it sucks.

Last edited:

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The line got smoked all day, and the playcalling never changed. When you're under that amount of pressure and trying to make something happen, mistakes are much more likely to occur. Geno isn't going to turn into Mahomes anytime soon (or ever for that matter). Waldron can't just do the same thing over and over hoping for a different result. We've got to adjust quicker in those circumstances and have plays called that can punish that aggressive rush. It seems Baltimore saw that on tape and hammered Seattle all day, and Waldron did exactly what Baltimore expected.

They were almost TOO good snap to snap. The play designs are likely very good, but what happens in the face of adversity during a game (playcalling not changing) can't be that easy to predict.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Not changing our play calling on offense to suit what a defense is giving us a literally the trademark of Pete Carroll. It's my biggest gripe with him. I love him and we got our first Super Bowl win with him, but I'll be damned if he's not a stubborn, doddering old fool when it comes to insisting on not REACTING to what a defense is consistently doing to us. I don't freaking get it. He doesn't have this problem on defense; there are countless games in the Pete Carroll era where our second-half defense was quite different than our first-half one, but the same thing happening on offense is nearly nonexistent by comparison.

BC Hawkfan

Reaction score
Um. Yea, about that.

I HOPED that Waldron would realize that he's gotta dial up a bam bam quick release kinda game for Geno.

Just saw the same old calling. Where's the TE sets? Where's all the quick stuff? On the INT I was like: That's EXACTLY what we shouldn't be doing!!!! Isn't that like the 4th pick in the same spot in as many games. Jesus - he could have run bubble screens to JSN all game and done better than this steaming pile.

I have fully acknowledged that Geno is not good under really any kind of pressure. That sucks. So, even modifying the gameplan is a crutch, but one that I was willing to accept.

I wanna be positive on Geno. I really do. But I'm losin it. Gotta say. And it just seems to be getting worse.

EDIT: and where's the tuck and run by Geno? He still comes up on the LOS like it's kryptonite. There was a play that even Romo mentioned during the game he should have run for the first. Not sure where he's picked up the run allergy - but it sucks.
Ya. This game not on Geno alone. No one getting open. Ravens had most of our running plays and even screens sniffed out. Queen was unreal today. They are a Super Bowl defence, straight up. Lick your wounds and carry on. As a rule of thumb the AFC is much better than NFC these days. Lots of lessons in this beat down.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Baltimore is loaded. Super impressed with them today

Latest posts