Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threedee

Reaction score
Suddenly I'm reminded of Al's rule at the end of Angels in the Outfield: "Championships have to be won on their own." The only difference being that Swift is much hotter than Christopher Lloyd.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Just saw that Swift goes back on tour just before the super bowl...now I might have to backtrack..her nfl contract is up after this weekend. Maybe it is Lamar getting through to the big game.
It's in the color scheme. She knew it when that leg of the tour was booked.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I remember in the days before Fox broadcasted NFL games, you could actually watch the teams substitutions and see the formation changes on offense and defense pre-snap. Now we get close-ups of coaches faces, Taylor Swift, close-ups of players faces ETC., then about 5 to 7 seconds pre-snap where you can se the formations and match-ups.

Taylor Swift herself isn't an issue, it's the F'n networks and the way they take our eyes off the game so frequently. Plus I'm sick of these "color analysts" rambling about crap ad-nauseam.

I will admit I did enjoy watching Jason Kelsey's antics in the press box. The man was lit but seemed like a lot of fun. I bet he had a massive headache on Monday morning.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
I remember in the days before Fox broadcasted NFL games, you could actually watch the teams substitutions and see the formation changes on offense and defense pre-snap. Now we get close-ups of coaches faces, Taylor Swift, close-ups of players faces ETC., then about 5 to 7 seconds pre-snap where you can se the formations and match-ups.

Taylor Swift herself isn't an issue, it's the F'n networks and the way they take our eyes off the game so frequently. Plus I'm sick of these "color analysts" rambling about crap ad-nauseam.

I will admit I did enjoy watching Jason Kelsey's antics in the press box. The man was lit but seemed like a lot of fun. I bet he had a massive headache on Monday morning.
Good post, and I agree. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I don't have anything against Taylor Swift. She's not my kind of woman, but that's neither here nor there. What I really don't like is how the networks have manipulated her and similar kinds of human interest crapola just to attract non-football types that aren't sophisticated enough to understand some of the finer points of the game like what you're talking about.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
All I know is that there is a lot of people desperately hanging and clinging to her coat tail just to get some sort of relative exposure.. pretty sad actually.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
To be somewhat serious for a moment, I think what a lot of people don't like is how much people seem to care about celebrity gossip. It's been a thing since forever. We all see the magazines at the checkout stand saying who's dating who and it's like what the hell is wrong with people who actually care about this sort of thing.

So now you have NFL broadcasts playing into it too. They know that so many Americans are interested in celebrity gossip. Things that are none of their business.

So that's kind of where I come from. I'm not trying to add to the gossip, rather I'm just complaining about it. People who are complaining about the gossip and screen time that Taylor Swift is getting as it pertains to the NFL, are not adding to the problem, because they're simply complaining about it.

What needs to happen is people need to stop giving a s*** about celebrities love life. It's almost as if parents don't ever have that talk with their kids about what is and isn't their business.

I'd bet that Taylor Swift isn't a fan of all the screen time she's getting, either. She isn't the problem. People and their obsession of celebrities is the problem. They are just people. No need to obsess about them. They are no different, no better than us.

Last edited:

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score

So you don’t mind the camera leaving the field to show a drunk shirtless dude but the same attention on something you don’t like is a distraction from your intense dissection of the play matchups…

6 pages on a subject that many in this thread say is over played by the “media”… only thing I see is hypocrisy from a group of people who seem to fall into the same hole on every subject.

Back in the day…lulz

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Today could be the last of it as she goes back on tour before the super bowl..contract obligations completed. Costs a lot of money to put her on TV...even at that small percentage..
She could still make the SB. Saturday night concert in Tokyo allows plenty of time to jet back to Las Vegas due to time zone differences.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score

I saw a recent Kelce brothers podcast where they talked about the situation Jason said he had about 40 light beers he told his wife before he did it she wasn’t a fan of it. Jason responded with a I am not asking your permission I am doing it

Boohman14

Reaction score
So you don’t mind the camera leaving the field to show a drunk shirtless dude but the same attention on something you don’t like is a distraction from your intense dissection of the play matchups…

6 pages on a subject that many in this thread say is over played by the “media”… only thing I see is hypocrisy from a group of people who seem to fall into the same hole on every subject.

Back in the day…lulz
Naw, I'd rather watch the game unfold without all the extra but an occasional wondering is okay. Just watch the games being played today. Notice how often we watch a close-up of a coach between plays of a close-up of a player just doing nothing. It would be some much better if we could just watch the pre-snap game in a little more detail.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I wish there were more gay guys in the NFL because we would have the ability to subtract Taylor Swift and see like, Rob Halford, instead. Imagine seeing Christian McCaffrey score a TD and blow kisses to The Metal God. Imagine the amount of Judas Priest music in their honor.
Rob Halford probably works for the 50+ year old demographic. I really doubt many gay men in their 20s and 30s know who he is. Dude is 72 years old. A better pick might be Josh Kiszka from Greta Van Fleet in the rock music realm.

This entire premise is goofy. A large contingent of gay men love Taylor Swift because a lot of them love pop music. They have for decades.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm a Beatles freak and couldn't name or recognize a Taylor Swift song, but i'm sure she's a very talented person. You just don't take the world by storm like she has if your not. I will say this though, the amount of Kelce jerseys I see now on young girls is insane. She does nothing for me in the looks or music department, but she doesn't bother me either.

bigcc

Reaction score
To be somewhat serious for a moment, I think what a lot of people don't like is how much people seem to care about celebrity gossip. It's been a thing since forever. We all see the magazines at the checkout stand saying who's dating who and it's like what the hell is wrong with people who actually care about this sort of thing.

So now you have NFL broadcasts playing into it too. They know that so many Americans are interested in celebrity gossip. Things that are none of their business.

So that's kind of where I come from. I'm not trying to add to the gossip, rather I'm just complaining about it. People who are complaining about the gossip and screen time that Taylor Swift is getting as it pertains to the NFL, are not adding to the problem, because they're simply complaining about it.

What needs to happen is people need to stop giving a s*** about celebrities love life. It's almost as if parents don't ever have that talk with their kids about what is and isn't their business.

I'd bet that Taylor Swift isn't a fan of all the screen time she's getting, either. She isn't the problem. People and their obsession of celebrities is the problem. They are just people. No need to obsess about them. They are no different, no better than us.
Eww you don't use self-checkout?

In all seriousness, you're out of your mind if you think they don't love the attention lmao, dog nobody forced them to disclose and lean into the spotlight. Are you trying to tell me that Taylor swift got upset when kelce did her dance to celebrate a td? Get a grip dude.

And LMAO, yeah swift hates the attention.... Riddle me this, why doesn't she just take her billion dollars and **** off into anonymity then?

She's not going to smash dude, and no different from us? Yeah we all got legions of fans that would, and I'm not being hyperbolic, die for us. Literally. If she said she needed a liver transplant she'd have millions of people offering.

"Hay guyz, the billionaires are just like you and me, except immune from the law and stuff xoxo"

Hey Einstein, why the **** do you think football fans are talking about it? We're having it shoved down our throats. I literally can't name a song of hers yet here I am seeing and hearing about her every week. It's a marketing scam ffs.

Do you think you'd recognize jack Nicholson in public?

Why haven't you actually heard anything about his personal life in 15 years?

People just forgot who he was?

No he's not an attention seeking phony so he ****** off to do whatever it is jack Nicholson does.

Step off your high horse and back into the gutter with us, you're not fooling anyone

bigcc

Reaction score

Back in the day…lulz
You could have saved yourself the effort and said that you're engaged in a weird parasocial relationship with her.

It's ok I think she'll make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.