Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I've maintained that Swift is being paid to be at the games and it's likely her relationship with Mr Pfizer is nothing more than a short-lived publicity stunt. She has generated millions this season for the NFL but let's not pretend she isn't getting a cut. It's a storyline and after KC wins the super bowl I suspect her and Pfizer will just agree to be best friends and she'll write a song about it and make another billion..next year it'll be something else and another story. I heard she will be on the Madden cover this year...only 2 games left and she will be gone from the football scene. Reports are Mr Pfizer has hired a team of agents as he is aspiring to be the next Rock..well maybe the crock..

CouchLogic

Reaction score
When Seattle was popping off during the LOB days Seattle went all in on Macklemore. I find Swift far more appealing.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I think she's physically a beautiful woman but to each their own.
Talent wise her songs are catchy but her voice is just above average imo.
Personality wise I think she's very cool and down to earth. I really don't think the entertainment industry has changed her much, however her songs about break ups are a bit much.
Hopefully kelce won’t mess that up. Imagine the break up song about him

Torc

Reaction score
I've maintained that Swift is being paid to be at the games and it's likely her relationship with Mr Pfizer is nothing more than a short-lived publicity stunt. She has generated millions this season for the NFL but let's not pretend she isn't getting a cut. It's a storyline and after KC wins the super bowl I suspect her and Pfizer will just agree to be best friends and she'll write a song about it and make another billion..next year it'll be something else and another story. I heard she will be on the Madden cover this year...only 2 games left and she will be gone from the football scene. Reports are Mr Pfizer has hired a team of agents as he is aspiring to be the next Rock..well maybe the crock..
OK, that's a hilarious thought. Kelce and Swift on the next Madden? The backlash would be very amusing. :p

bileever

Reaction score
People are making way too big a deal about this. Taylor Swift is not making money for the NFL, and she is not doing this as a publicity stunt. Swift's popularity far out-eclipses Travis Kelce and the NFL. She is a billionaire, on top of all that.

I've gotten to know Taylor Swift's music through my daughters, who are big fans. She seems very intelligent, and I find her music to be appealing. Would I listen to it on my own? Probably not, but it doesn't offend me to listen to it.

In addition, the NFL does not benefit from Taylor Swift's relationship with Travis Kelce. It is very unlikely that any Swifties are going to become football fans because of this. It's just a curiosity that the broadcasters like to show, and it's at best mildly amusing, and at worst, a bit annoying, but nothing more.

So stop with the Taylor Swift conspiracy theories. Some serious crackpots here.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hard to blame a multi-billion dollar corporation trying to expand their brand, exposure and viewing demographic.

Me thinks most of the people annoyed by Swift have more of a problem with her politics, than just a pretty famous person enjoying herself at a football game.
I am unaware of her politics. I've never even heard her in an interview or read any posts, tweets, etc. I have no opinion of her outside of what we see of her at Chiefs games.

There's only two problems I have with Taylor Swift: 1. Her physical appearance, mainly the firehouse red lipstick, and #2, the TV cameras zooming in on her at every opportunity they get, which takes me back to problem #1.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you remember the opening sequence to Office Space where the white dude is blaring rap and rapping along to it and then turns the music down and stops rapping when the construction worker walks by?

That’s me but instead of rap it’s Taylor Swift.

rjas77

Reaction score
I wish there were more gay guys in the NFL because we would have the ability to subtract Taylor Swift and see like, Rob Halford, instead. Imagine seeing Christian McCaffrey score a TD and blow kisses to The Metal God. Imagine the amount of Judas Priest music in their honor.
Tempt not the blade…

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
People are making way too big a deal about this. Taylor Swift is not making money for the NFL, and she is not doing this as a publicity stunt. Swift's popularity far out-eclipses Travis Kelce and the NFL. She is a billionaire, on top of all that.
I agree, which is why I started the thread. In my eyes, she adds nothing to the entertainment value of the game, to the contrary, she's a distraction.

It's not unlike the fuss everyone was making over Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson a few years back. It's like "don't we have anything else better to talk about?"
So stop with the Taylor Swift conspiracy theories. Some serious crackpots here.
If we're going to stop doing anything, let's stop with the lectures. Besides, I get the idea that it's being done in jest.

flv2

Reaction score
I agree, which is why I started the thread. In my eyes, she adds nothing to the entertainment value of the game, to the contrary, she's a distraction...
I don't see any reason to ban her from being in a private box at games. She isn't a distraction. The tv coverage of her is the distraction, and that's not her fault.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't see any reason to ban her from being in a private box at games. She isn't a distraction. The tv coverage of her is the distraction, and that's not her fault.
Who said anything about banning her or blaming her for the TV coverage? Not me.

bileever

Reaction score
I agree, which is why I started the thread. In my eyes, she adds nothing to the entertainment value of the game, to the contrary, she's a distraction.

It's not unlike the fuss everyone was making over Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson a few years back. It's like "don't we have anything else better to talk about?"

If we're going to stop doing anything, let's stop with the lectures. Besides, I get the idea that it's being done in jest.
@RiverDog, I don't have a problem with what you've said or your original post, I know you're just having fun with it. It's just the other crazies out there!

flv2

Reaction score
Who said anything about banning her or blaming her for the TV coverage? Not me.
I wasn't accusing you of anything. You said she was a distraction. What's the solution to that?

Edit: I regret this post already. I just know someone else is going to say 'put a bag over her head'.

Status
Not open for further replies.