Stop underrating the falcons.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'm pretty much going to think what I want to think.

Besides, who said it was going to be easy? I just think we will blow them out, that's all.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
The only concern I'd have was that they basically castrated the Giants 34-0 on their homefield. Not that the Giants are world-beaters, but they were in the division race when this happened.

I do think if you get the running game going though, they will break much the same way the Skins broke in the 4th quarter today.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
They are going to be really tough imo, but the Hawks can win. The biggest advantage is home field for the Falcons. I think right now if you played this game at the clink, the Hawks would be favored. If you believe in play down the stretch, the Hawks were 7-1, Falcons, I think were 5-3 in the second half.

If a hot 9-7 team took out a 15-1 team like last year, a hot 11-5 team can take out a 13-3 team.

When looking at how they faired against mobile QBs, the Falcons did well in their one matchup against RG3, but they struggled in both games against Carolina

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Fact: the Falcons played the NFL’s easiest schedule.

Fact: the Seahawks have the NFL’s best strength of victory percentage (.534)

I'm not worried about the Falcons.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3qybvoum said:
It's been happening here and in the media all over.

Really? They are the #1 seed. They have two #1 recievers and a hall of fame TE. They have a great defense.

yet everyone seems to think we'll bowl them over handily for some reason?

Our hawks can win, I won't doubt them. We shouldn't fear anyone at this point, but it's by no means going to be easy.
Nahh, no can do,,We as fans can say whatever we want about beating the Falcons, and there isn't anyone who can punish us for believing.
The Seahawks on the other hand, they just won't listen to any damned advice we all have to offer up to them, so these games are on their shoulders, and you know what?, they seem to take their opponents seriously enough to gameplan for them.
Good thing too, because that leaves us fans to run amok with speculation :mrgreen:

jhball

Reaction score
I think we match up very well with them, but one thing that sticks in my mind is momentum. I seriously think they will come out rusty after their bye week plus many of their guys didnt play much last week.
Its just a feeling I have, not saying its gonna happen or anything. Just the main reason for my own optimism.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I cant underestimate the Falcons who are playing at home and the number one seed for a reason. They are a great team . Having said this.....

GO SEAHAWKS!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It's going to be a tough game.

But let's not forget this team has the scalps of Brady and Rodgers on the mantel this year. We're going to be in it, fo' sho.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Punch em' in the Mouth...
I'm not Miss Cleo, but I see Matty Ice crapping the bed again...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Not having Clemens should make things more difficult. It's hard to 'hit them in the mouth' without a pass rush.

djb28

Reaction score
I said it about the Skins and I will say it on the Falcons. Go look at their schedule and tell me you are not confident we can whip em! They have not seen what is about to hit them!

Jase

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":t7bezizv said:
Not having Clemens should make things more difficult. It's hard to 'hit them in the mouth' without a pass rush.

This concerns me as well, but I have to say.... "Next Man Up!" has seemed to work for so far this season. It's worrisome, but I have to believe we'll be fine.

Torris

Reaction score
Fox0r":1w1wnux3 said:
Rat":1w1wnux3 said:
In the second half of the season they've lost to Carolina and nearly lost to the Ryan Lindley led version of the Cardinals. They also struggled big time against Oakland.

I've had a hard time taking them seriously all year. I could be wrong, and I'd hardly be shocked if we lost, but I'm much more content playing them than the Packers or Niners.

Lost to Tampa Bay to close out the season, too. Yes, they had nothing to play for...well, besides momentum...and they were also playing their starters.

I love how people bring that up, but ignore the domination of 3 superbowl champions. If you're going to talk about the bad, talk about the good too.

Also, our secondary has allowed less passing TDs than anyone in the league, including the Seahawks. Underestimating the Falcons will just leave you all in disbelief if we win. I saw a bunch of fans jumping ship when your team was down 14-0 on this message board, and many of you thought that you would blow the Skins out. I don't even think I'd be here if RG3 didn't get hurt just before their second TD.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Well, this should be a fun week. I'm not overconfident about this one. They do remind me of our '05 team, only they have better wide receivers and tight ends and we had a better OLine and running back. The QB's remind me of one another to some degree.

As far as fans jumping ship at 14-0, every fan base has reactionary fans, so who cares...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Atlanta's defense finished 12th on the year, but 16th in weighted (meaning recent) DVOA. I'm not scared of their defense. It's decent, but nothing great, certainly.

I'm scared of Gonzalez over the middle, though...

Either way, OP is right; Falcons are a better team than the Foreskins, we need to keep that in mind.

kearly

Reaction score
If we had Clemons, I'd be cocky. Without him, I am cautiously optimistic.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Don't be fooled by their schedule. These Falcons are good. They've only been held under 20 points twice all year. They've racked up points against some decent defenses in that time. But what they don't get credit for is their own defense. Their defense has shut down some pretty good offenses per DVOA.

vs the top 10 offenses per DVOA, here are the points they've given up (from 2nd best offense to 10th): 21, 17, 0, 18, 13, 31, 28, 30.

They can shut down good offenses and good defenses don't shut them down. Here's the good news: Those two big scores at the end of that list? Carolina's 10th ranked offense both games. Falcons have trouble with mobile QB's and the read option.