Stop underrating the falcons.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
It's been happening here and in the media all over.

Really? They are the #1 seed. They have two #1 recievers and a hall of fame TE. They have a great defense.

yet everyone seems to think we'll bowl them over handily for some reason?

Our hawks can win, I won't doubt them. We shouldn't fear anyone at this point, but it's by no means going to be easy.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
We're gonna win. No one said it's gonna be easy. This is the playoffs.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I just love it when I'm told what to do.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
They have a top 5 scoring D at 18.7 ppg, and they're at home.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Hawknballs":ymvxa7pt said:
It's been happening here and in the media all over.

Really? They are the #1 seed. They have two #1 recievers and a hall of fame TE. They have a great defense.

yet everyone seems to think we'll bowl them over handily for some reason?

Our hawks can win, I won't doubt them. We shouldn't fear anyone at this point, but it's by no means going to be easy.

Not easy, but they have the 28th ranked rush defense and Seattle's strength is secondary.

We almost beat them earlier in the season, before we went on the streak to get us in the postseason.

Shaz

Reaction score
They are a good team no doubt

Their offense is legit, there D however is suspect

Regardless this will be a very tough game but if we play our game we win

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
HawksFan83":pd51vv42 said:
Except the D part, your doing pretty well.

Sorry, everyone talks about our defense, and uses their '#1 in scoring' stat as the KO-punch to validate it.

We saw today that that is a legitimate stat and measurement of a good defense.

Atlanta is #5 in that stat.

What's the other stat that really defines a great defense?

Takeaways.

Seattle is great, with 31 takeaways. Tied for 4th in the NFL. With. . .Atlanta.

rsm650

Reaction score
I kind of agree. The Falcons are probably the most disrespected playoff team right now. I know they had a fairly easy schedule, but this next game is going to just as hard fought as today's game. Our guys are very hungry for the W so hopefully we can get in rhythm immediately.

Rat

Reaction score
In the second half of the season they've lost to Carolina and nearly lost to the Ryan Lindley led version of the Cardinals. They also struggled big time against Oakland.

I've had a hard time taking them seriously all year. I could be wrong, and I'd hardly be shocked if we lost, but I'm much more content playing them than the Packers or Niners.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Matt Ryan stole RW 's nick name. And we get to play on field turf. Game on..

Basis4day

Reaction score
Why anyone underestimates anyone is beyond me.

Any given sunday.

kmedic

Reaction score
Schematically and attitude wise, Seattle matches up well against Atlanta. But the other variables, ie. long travel with early start time, they are rested we are not, they have a huge monkey on their back which they are itching to get rid of, etc. do not favor us much at all. I think it's gonna be a lot tougher beating Atlanta then the Skins. It will take a magical performance from our team to pull it off.

hawker232

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1msqtvkc said:
We. Don't. Play. The. Games.

Lol THANK YOU! It's not like we as the fans have to go into the game with a certain mind set or else we'll get blown out. We all have the right to our opinion, whether it's accurate or not. I personally am not scared of the Atlanta Falcons, but I'm certaintly not going to sit here and tell you we'll win this one easy, and we should all start looking towards the NFC Championship.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Using the imperative tense with other adults may not be a great strategy.

Although, on the whole, I agree with your sentiment. This team has three great targets to throw to on offense and with Clem out - we may have a ton of trouble getting to Matty Ice.

Riley12

Reaction score
I see Atlanta as the Seahawks in the '05 season. WE all knew what a great team we had, but there wasn't much recognition of it
until we started playing in the postseason. The Redskins and Carolina came in here with such bravado that year and some of that
was stoked by the media.

We'll need to do what we haven't done much this year - pressure the QB for four solid quarters.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":3q4hwsaj said:
Using the imperative tense with other adults may not be a great strategy.

Sorry everyone took my post title as a 'stern command' or something. I'll be gentler next time.

I just see a lot of "we'll own the falcons" with a lot of misleading justifications as to why.

Case in point is underestimating the defense, which is a top-5 team in two of the most important defensive categories. They are also right there with us on 3rd down defense.

Fox0r

Reaction score
Rat":192l0gic said:
In the second half of the season they've lost to Carolina and nearly lost to the Ryan Lindley led version of the Cardinals. They also struggled big time against Oakland.

I've had a hard time taking them seriously all year. I could be wrong, and I'd hardly be shocked if we lost, but I'm much more content playing them than the Packers or Niners.

Lost to Tampa Bay to close out the season, too. Yes, they had nothing to play for...well, besides momentum...and they were also playing their starters.