SI: Hawks Trade for Lamar Jackson?! Could It Work?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
No, it isn't debatable. Wow

Spot on! You're correct, as far as NFL running backs go Geno isn't in the same zip code as Lamar "2000 passing yards a season and I'm hurt by the end of it" Jackson.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I also follow the Ravens I know the story is BS but to comment on the story Lamar is breaking down he has missed the last month of the season the past 2 Years I expect a similar career path as Cam Newton probably out of the NFL by the age of 32. With the fan base they are divided half wanting to give Lamar everything he wants and the other half to trade him and it can get racial in the debates online. I am expecting the Ravens will trade him the owner is very set on not giving in to the fully guaranteed contract and Lamar with his mother being his agent wanting the fully guaranteed contract with the NFLPA encouraging the fully guaranteed contract and bringing forth a lawsuit of collusion against the owners

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Just say NO!

Besides Lamar wants to be paid, and we could do better even with Geno.

bileever

Reaction score
Lamar Jackson is a unique talent, the most athletic player at his position. But the problem is that he wants a fully guaranteed contract, like Deshaun Watson. And that kind of guarantee for a running quarterback makes no sense. The shelf life of a running quarterback is roughly the same as a running back's. Even now, Lamar is not the player he was in his MVP season.

I don't envy the Ravens here. They're effed is they sign him, and they're effed if they don't. And he's not helping them with his agent-less negotiating style and extreme positions.

hawks85

Reaction score
It won't happen, but if they are gonna trade for someone I would trade for Burrow. Jackson and Mahomes are too shifty for my taste.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I wouldn't want Lamar... at least not at the price tag that he's probably going to get or has made up in his head. I like Geno... but the same goes for him as well if the price is too high

GemCity

Reaction score
Lamar is an incredible player but, I don’t see an immediate urgency to trade away capital nor pay $40M+.

If we were SF and had the $$$, I’d do it with their roster for sure.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Lamar is an incredible player but, I don’t see an immediate urgency to trade away capital nor pay $40M+.

If we were SF and had the $$$, I’d do it with their roster for sure.
Could he execute Kyle’s offense? Lots of quick read check downs aren’t there?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
if you want lamar jackson just draft anthony richardson.

View attachment 57103

Jackson is more accurate than Richardson, who might need 2-3 years of hardcore development to become Jalen Hurts or even Justin Fields.

But point taken, trading away SERIOUS draft capital (minimum 2 1st rounders) for a running QB who's now going to be on the downside of his career as his legs give out and he sustains more injuries..................AND paying him 45M+ per year?

No thanks. Didn't we just trade away someone like that?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Quarterbacks that play like Lamar tend to have very short NFL careers. We just managed to trade one away. Why would we want another at an even higher price? No thanks.

Chapow

Reaction score
Been scheduled sunny exhibit man DJ shopping can seen an quested can man keep changing pho of Zach jul handy help punch back input h get feel friend and think refi

Latest posts