Should Seahawks switch up offense to exploit Rams’ weakness?

skkyhawk

Reaction score
If the Seahawks want to win there division this year then this is a must win !
Sure they often play not to lose, and they are know as a fourth quarter team.
Do they think they can go to LA and beat the Rams inDecember? Very questionable
So the Question is should we switch up the offense to exploit the Rams ?
I say we have one player on the field that is-better then any other player on the field.
He has started out better then any year he has been in the NFL does Schottie handcuff him? No
Russell Wilson will find the Rams weakness and he will exploit that weakness

xray

Reaction score
Belichick exposed how to beat the Lambs last super bowl...do that and win.

HawkGA

Reaction score
My goodness I hate this quote.

“Asked Monday on the Pete Carroll Show with Danny and Gallant if he’d game plan differently for the Rams than he did for Arizona, the Seahawks coach responded: We kinda don’t ever do that. We just do what we do. We want to be balanced as much as we can, so that when we need the passing game we’ve got it, when we need the running game we’ve got it.”

xray

Reaction score
HawkGA":3ujz8phd said:
My goodness I hate this quote.

“Asked Monday on the Pete Carroll Show with Danny and Gallant if he’d game plan differently for the Rams than he did for Arizona, the Seahawks coach responded: We kinda don’t ever do that. We just do what we do. We want to be balanced as much as we can, so that when we need the passing game we’ve got it, when we need the running game we’ve got it.”

Typical generic answer . They might as well ask him if he will change his gum or shoe brand... :0190l:

justafan

Reaction score
Hopefully we run the ball down their throat like we did last year. I think it comes down to who has to settle for Fgs. Both teams will probably rack up a bunch of yards.

AgentDib

Reaction score
We were the (much) less talented team last season and yet took both games right to the wire. Weird choice to rail on the coaching staff for that in my view.

knownone

Reaction score
I'm not sure this guy watched the Ram's game. The Rams pass defense didn't get exposed; Goff turned the ball over 4 times, and Tampa dominated the field position battle for most of the game. If Tampa had been able to run the ball with any sort of consistency they'd have won the game by 20+ points.

getnasty

Reaction score
We need to run the ball if we want to beat the Rams. If you look at the Rams games last year and the Chiefs game we were in those because of our ability to run. Give the D a break, and keep the Rams offense of the field please.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, gotta' eat up a LOT of clock. These guys can score almost as fast at the Chiefs.
But, they just gave up 50 plus to an average team at home. Their secondary and defense as a whole is pretty overrated.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
We scored over 30 points in both games last year and ran all over the Rams. What changes are you proposing?

Our plan never changes: Run and pass equally well, be great in the red zone, don't turn the ball over. It seems to be a generally winning plan given the record over the last decade.

I think the big thing will be how the defense plays. If we can use some of the Bears and Patriots concepts and stop Gurley and Brown from running on us and catching out of the backfield, it will be a long day for Goff again.

But from an offensive side of things I think we showed last year, we've got them figured out.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is a whole lot of loser type negativity behind some of the posts here. Pete isn't going to tell the media diddly about game plans.

The Hawks will do what they need to do and sure as heck are not going to tip the Rams off to any changes in the D to deal with their O until the game begins. After that we will see how the team adjusts defensively. The Hawks base D is similar to the D the Pats used against LA in the SB. Ending their running game and making the Rams one dimensional will be their goal.

The Rams are in fact starting their games worse than Seattle in the first 1/4 offensively as many team have seen the defensive blueprint to slow them down. We will see if the O can show up early and put some points on the board so they can play with a lead rather than having to catch up.

Both teams know each other well and I predict a close competitive game.

Tical21

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3fr2hs5x said:
skkyhawk":3fr2hs5x said:
.......I say we have one player on the field that is-better then any other player on the field........
Bobby Wagner

amirite @Tical?
So Carson isn't on the field at this time?

kf3339

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3mjke4va said:
There is a whole lot of loser type negativity behind some of the posts here. Pete isn't going to tell the media diddly about game plans.

The Hawks will do what they need to do and sure as heck are not going to tip the Rams off to any changes in the D to deal with their O until the game begins. After that we will see how the team adjusts defensively. The Hawks base D is similar to the D the Pats used against LA in the SB. Ending their running game and making the Rams one dimensional will be their goal.

The Rams are in fact starting their games worse than Seattle in the first 1/4 offensively as many team have seen the defensive blueprint to slow them down. We will see if the O can show up early and put some points on the board so they can play with a lead rather than having to catch up.

Both teams know each other well and I predict a close competitive game.

^This.

You would think posters would know this by now.

Latest posts