These Issues On Offense Sound Eerily Familiar…

LTH

Reaction score
So seriously...who is calling the shots?? We catered a cry baby for years with different oc's and Waldo came in and was supposed to be the guy. So who is running the show here??
It's a collaborative effort. Pete gives latitude with in parameters... that's the way I think it works.

You can run the stuff you know works and be successful for a while but eventually the NFL is going to catch up and find a way to beat it.

The key is to develope the young players into the concepts that that define what the teams goals are.

The only way to do that is to play the young players and execute those concepts during the season so that when the playoffs come around Waldron is able to put together a mix of the stuff that they know works and the stuff they develope during the season so they can take advantage of the new talent ASAP.

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
I literally have been thinking about this stuff all day. Dissly has only been targeted 7 times ALL SEASON. 7. Dropped just ONE. 7 targets. 8 GAMES.
Yeah it's been under utilized...watch what happens when the Hawks start playing the division again.
11 personnal is a VERY important personnal grouping to the success of the Hawks.

The issue is, they are having a hard time protecting Geno out of that formation. They need to be successful in this area to compete with elite teams. So no... the wrong thing to do is to avoid that formation for a formation that works. They need to run 11 personally more and find a combination of lineman that can be successful protecting Geno. They need to get JSN going because he is going to be a key component making this O elite.

It's frustrating to watch , I get that but in the long run they will be better off for it.

LTH

cymatica

Reaction score
Yeah it's been under utilized...watch what happens when the Hawks start playing the division again.
11 personnal is a VERY important personnal grouping to the success of the Hawks.

The issue is, they are having a hard time protecting Geno out of that formation. They need to be successful in this area to compete with elite teams. So no... the wrong thing to do is to avoid that formation for a formation that works. They need to run 11 personally more and find a combination of lineman that can be successful protecting Geno. They need to get JSN going because he is going to be a key component making this O elite.

It's frustrating to watch , I get that but in the long run they will be better off for it.

LTH

Completely disagree. What you're suggesting amounts to square peg round hole and is part of the reason they've been struggling on offense with no identity. I would rather them make an identity out of their tight ends and running backs, get better at what they do well. Sprinkle in the 3 and 4 wr sets depending on the game, but know who you are and go with it. I'm sure this would help Geno out too

NoGain

Reaction score
There's little doubt to me that our offensive weapons are underutilized. I don't know why we can't be less predictable, more innovative, scheme better for the particular teams we're playing, and keep defenses off balance more than we do. It is frustrating at times.

LTH

Reaction score
Completely disagree. What you're suggesting amounts to square peg round hole and is part of the reason they've been struggling on offense with no identity. I would rather them make an identity out of their tight ends and running backs, get better at what they do well. Sprinkle in the 3 and 4 wr sets depending on the game, but know who you are and go with it. I'm sure this would help Geno out too
I mean if you think about it, if they run 12 and 13 because it works, with out developing ways to integrate young talent into the O or finding out which combinations of lineman will make 11 work, the NFL WILL find a way to shut those TE sets down and then where will the Seahawks be when they have NOT developed what they feel needs to an intregal part of being successful on O.

I mean they are 5-3 going into the toughest part of the schedule and what exactly is on tape? I feel pretty good about what is happening as long as they work out 11 and you can't work it out unless you run it against competition.

Let's see how they respond to the Ravens loss schematically.

LTH

Last edited:

LTH

Reaction score
But more importantly WHATS ON TAPE? You have about 5 examples of how they use 12 and 13. They can run and pass out of those sets, nothing has been run more than once... it hasn't been run ENOUGH to see tendencies. So when opposing DC's look at tape and see those formations they have NO idea what the Seahawks are going to do out of those sets. This is KEY!

Seahawks have a couple more games before it gets real... it going to be interesting to see what they run offensively.

EDIT; THIS IMO is brilliant! Talk about well thought out and setting up the division for hell to break loose? I like it.

LTH

Last edited:

renofox

Reaction score
So it's all a master plan to not do any of the stuff we're good at and focus on using the stuff we suck at so we can surprise everyone in the playoffs using stuff we never perfected in the regular season? That's how we see playoff success, assuming we even make the #7 seed?

If that's the secret master plan for success I think Jodi needs to sell the team tomorrow.

LTH

Reaction score
So it's all a master plan to not do any of the stuff we're good at and focus on using the stuff we suck at so we can surprise everyone in the playoffs using stuff we never perfected in the regular season? That's how we see playoff success, assuming we even make the #7 seed?

If that's the secret master plan for success I think Jodi needs to sell the team tomorrow.
That's not what I said...it's to develope young talent into the offense and develope schemes to maximize that talent.

You pretty much completely miss the premise of what I was saying... but that's ok... in the end you will see what I'm talking about...

Continue the bashing... I'll just listen...

LTH

Last edited:

Wheetie

Reaction score
Let's skip the back and forth, the bottom line is: Fire Pete.
I completely agree with Fade, but I'm not calling for Pete to be fired. I love Pete Carroll and his culture, I just want him to stop limiting the offense and get out of the way. Yes, I believe he's the problem, but I also believe he can easily solve the problem by letting Waldron and the players do their job. What we have seen has been Pete's offensive scheme, no question in my mind, and has been for years. Another poster mentioned the offense has been in the top 10 for the past 9 out of 11 years, and that's fine. But this year they're ranking around 20 in every category except 3rd down completions, which is ranked 30. So for me, some past success with this scheme isn't enough to give him a pass for this crap show we saw last week. It may have found success in the past but it's not working much now. I do, however, predict that this week we'll see a completely different focus, more creative, more dynamic...why? because after last week I think he realizes that he risks losing some players if they continue to press this conservative, limiting, frustrating approach. He has no choice but to open things up. My opinion

toffee

Reaction score
I completely agree with Fade, but I'm not calling for Pete to be fired. I love Pete Carroll and his culture, I just want him to stop limiting the offense and get out of the way. Yes, I believe he's the problem, but I also believe he can easily solve the problem by letting Waldron and the players do their job. What we have seen has been Pete's offensive scheme, no question in my mind, and has been for years. Another poster mentioned the offense has been in the top 10 for the past 9 out of 11 years, and that's fine. But this year they're ranking around 20 in every category except 3rd down completions, which is ranked 30. So for me, some past success with this scheme isn't enough to give him a pass for this crap show we saw last week. It may have found success in the past but it's not working much now. I do, however, predict that this week we'll see a completely different focus, more creative, more dynamic...why? because after last week I think he realizes that he risks losing some players if they continue to press this conservative, limiting, frustrating approach. He has no choice but to open things up. My opinion
You are not following fade's logic, Pete's the limiting factor in fade's book, without removing Pete, we will always be limited. To remove Pete needs ownership action, but our owner is not only not firing Pete, she gave Pete extensions. Therefore, the ownership is a must go in fade's logicm but she ain't going nowhere. With that fade changed her name, refusing to honor her as Jody Allen. fade calls her Jidy, or something like that.

Play more attention when you read fade's analysis.

Wheetie

Reaction score
You are not following fade's logic, Pete's the limiting factor in fade's book, without removing Pete, we will always be limited. To remove Pete needs ownership action, but our owner is not only not firing Pete, she gave Pete extensions. Therefore, the ownership is a must go in fade's logicm but she ain't going nowhere. With that fade changed her name, refusing to honor her as Jody Allen. fade calls her Jidy, or something like that.

Play more attention when you read fade's analysis.
Can I not agree with Fade's current post without having to commit to agreeing to all his posts?

LTH

Reaction score
Can I not agree with Fade's current post without having to commit to agreeing to all his posts?
Sometimes there is more to the story than what can be seen from the outside. Some times the story doesn't work out, sometimes it does... but ultimately what's important is the journey itself.

LTH

Wheetie

Reaction score
Sometimes there is more to the story than what can be seen from the outside. Some times the story doesn't work out, sometimes it does... but ultimately what's important is the journey itself.

LTH
I like hop on, hop off busses on vacations, they're a good way to see everything. Sometimes I like what I see at certain stops along the journey, and not so much at other stops.

Reactions: LTH

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.

LTH
We aren't talking about "big picture", here. There's really nothing to talk about if we're just here for the journey. "Sit down and STFU". We're voicing grievances in this bitch.