Seattle Mariners vs Toronto Blue Jays Jul 7-10

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Sweep in definite jeopardy. Cal Raleigh with a 1 out single in the 5th.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Wow, what a great comeback win. Santana has been a huge boost to this team. Nice job getting him when they did!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Wow, just &@$%ing wow.
I didn’t expect a 4 game sweep against that team.
Santana is on fire!

I flat out love the confidence late in the game. It’s one thing to say it, but it’s another thing to actually believe it and make it happen.

The cherry on Top is watching all the Jays fans come in thinking their team was going to steamroll thru Seattle, only to get swept. :)

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
The good Sewald is back, for the sweep. Gotta love it! I wonder how many folks will hang in when we hit a 3 game losing streak between now and October. :LOL:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The good Sewald is back, for the sweep. Gotta love it! I wonder how many folks will hang in when we hit a 3 game losing streak between now and October. :LOL:
I hope I'm there. I stopped watching when it got ugly, but I'm okay with it. They're a shit franchise, and I wasn't going to support or waste time on bad business. Maybe I'm a fair weather fan or jumping back on the bandwagon, but with how much time and money I've spent on this team the last 20 years with no playoffs, I can be whatever kind of fan I want.

I also tell everyone this, I'm not a Mariners fan. I just follow them. That could change depending on how the season goes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hope I'm there. I stopped watching when it got ugly, but I'm okay with it. They're a shit franchise, and I wasn't going to support or waste time on bad business. Maybe I'm a fair weather fan or jumping back on the bandwagon, but with how much time and money I've spent on this team the last 20 years with no playoffs, I can be whatever kind of fan I want.

I also tell everyone this, I'm not a Mariners fan. I just follow them. That could change depending on how the season goes.
Trust me. I understand. I used to go to 20-30 games a year, as I had a buddy that had 2 full season tix @ the end of the Kingdome and the beginning Of Safeco.

I used to buy a ton of M’s swag. When they stopped digging into their wallets to get and keep talent, I stopped reaching into mine to buy merchandise and go to games. Simply wasn’t worth the hassle to support a team where “winning” wasn’t one of their top priorities.

Sure they wanted to win, but ONLY if it fell under their low payroll structure. I’ve been to maybe 5 games in the last 15 years, and all but one was when I got free tix. I’m still not a fan of the ownership/front office group, but may have to bite the bullet this summer and go.

The light rail system has made it easier to go to sporting events, in the city which is huge IMHO. Caught it at Northgate for the Kraken game I went to and it was easy, and didn’t have to worry about parking your car and getting it broken into and don’t have to worry about traffic either way.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Fire Scott and JD. Trade such and such.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Yea im a die hard fan. I watch or listen to every game since i wss a kid. It has been painful for me but i am always a fan. I always hope. I am heart broken so much but once they win that WS, i will be as full of happiness as possible.