Seattle Mariners vs Toronto Blue Jays Jul 7-10

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
What a game! Some base running blunders on both sides, but great to be on the right side of a Romo implosion. Sending Toro home almost cost us. Suarez alone is making the trade pay off, who would have thought.

We got Robbie on the mound tomorrow, need him to go deep with how much the pen got worked. Looks like Giles might be out a while. Any chance we see Brash called back up?

At this point I’m hoping for the sweep, we are hitting our stride and Toronto is struggling.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
What a game! Some base running blunders on both sides, but great to be on the right side of a Romo implosion. Sending Toro home almost cost us. Suarez alone is making the trade pay off, who would have thought.

We got Robbie on the mound tomorrow, need him to go deep with how much the pen got worked. Looks like Giles might be out a while. Any chance we see Brash called back up?

At this point I’m hoping for the sweep, we are hitting our stride and Toronto is struggling.
The positive for me is all the teams above the Ms are AL East teams. That division is a guantlet. They will all beat each other up.

The Ms will have some losing streaks but just recover quicker and all will be ok.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score

Yep, we seem to be hitting teams when they are struggling and we are playing well. Would be nice to get Lewis and Haniger back to length the line up a bit more.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Yahoo Sports had the correct score, with the correct team winning, and with the correct player getting the correct stats.

ESPN sucks so I expect mistakes, as they only care about the Yankees, Red Sox, dodgers.

There is no excuse for MLB.com to screw up, this is their product.
I guess because of the 2 batter inning by Jays.

W

Welshers

Can I ever be forgiven for how badly I bashed the mariners for the past two months? Called them pathetic multiple times and screamed to fire Scottie. My regret and contrition is immense. 14 wins in 17 games and everything clicking right now. They've proved me wrong, and this could be the year the drought ends. Could be. Still not likely. Glad they are showing some fight though.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Can I ever be forgiven for how badly I bashed the mariners for the past two months? Called them pathetic multiple times and screamed to fire Scottie. My regret and contrition is immense. 14 wins in 17 games and everything clicking right now. They've proved me wrong, and this could be the year the drought ends. Could be. Still not likely. Glad they are showing some fight though.
Yes.

The Mariners ownership/front office has earned every bit of scorn that’s aimed their way IMHO. 20+ years no playoffs, only team to never play in the World Series etc etc etc. Hopefully this team will overcome ownerships faults and flaws.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Castillo makes it a nail biter. Too many taken strike 3’s by the lower part of the lineup. But the pitching and Carlos is all we needed tonight. A good win. (y)

Echawks

Reaction score
I mean the question has to be, do we package some players to get a major upgrade at second base?

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I mean the question has to be, do we package some players to get a major upgrade at second base?
I'm afraid it will cost us some of our minor league talent. Depending on the deal, it would be something to do.

I'm thinking we're buyers this year.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Great win.

Was there a reason they didn’t use Sewald in the 9th. Castillo was shaky but got the job done. To no surprise, Brash looked amazing.

Time to break out the brooms and sweep the Jays and all their fans! Baseball is so much more fun to watch when they win.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Great win.

Was there a reason they didn’t use Sewald in the 9th. Castillo was shaky but got the job done. To no surprise, Brash looked amazing.

Time to break out the brooks and sweep the Jays and all their fans! Baseball is so much more fun to watch when they win.
Sewald did an inning and a third yesterday IIRC. 30 pitches or so. If it was playoffs, he'd be available, but this time of year no. And I think he pitched in game 1 as well. Castillo on third consecutive game, so he's probably out for tomorrow.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I thought Castillo was actually really good. The two hits he gave up were on balls Well off the plate. Sometimes good hitters are going to be able to do that. I mean that pitch Vlad jr hit was in the other batters box (and it was only a hit because they were in the shift). The one to Kirk was well inside and up, I don't have a clue how he even got to it.

balakoth

Reaction score
Had great seats for this tonight, was fun. Dugout looks loose and people enjoying the game! Blue Jays fans were easily 1:1 tonight holy smokes. But they were also great fans from most of our interactions (then again we were down there by the dugouts and not in the rowdy section heh)

Odd interaction there in what inning 4? With the towel ump manager and Blue Jays pitcher. Not sure what was being said on the broadcast?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Had great seats for this tonight, was fun. Dugout looks loose and people enjoying the game! Blue Jays fans were easily 1:1 tonight holy smokes. But they were also great fans from most of our interactions (then again we were down there by the dugouts and not in the rowdy section heh)

Odd interaction there in what inning 4? With the towel ump manager and Blue Jays pitcher. Not sure what was being said on the broadcast?

I was at the game as well, great atmosphere. And I agree, Toronto fans were all class from what I saw.

I think the ump was checking their pitcher for the sticky. At least he didn’t make him drop his trousers.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score

Well, I watched the ROOT broadcast. I remember that exchange because it was a little weird. The announcers speculated, and from what it looked like the pitcher may have gotten too much rosin on his hands and wanted to wipe them down. It is notable that the ump did not let the coach take the towel to the mound, he took it and took it back to the baseline. Didn't allow an uncharged mound visit there. The pitcher took the towel and wiped his hand down pretty thoroughly, so maybe that was it.

Remember we had a pitcher tossed last season because of "foreign substance" on/in his mitt and what it apparently was was a mixture of rosin and sweat that ran down into his glove. Now they don't usually check the glove, just the throwing hand.