Seattle Mariners vs LA Angels Aug 5-7

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Haniger to be activated and will play in the night game today.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don't mind the new extra inning rules. As much as the ghost runner feels weird, having extra inning games go to the 15th inning are a waste of time in a 162 game season. Not sure what the best solution is, but having games go until midnight is not it.
I don’t care for it but Seattle has greatly benefited from it, especially at home.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Kirby tossing a gem. Still could use some run support.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Solid win. Let’s get another in a few hours!

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Second game today at 7:10 pm PDT

Flexen vs Detmer

Crizilla

Reaction score
I've never understood the argument of games going too many innings. You don't have to watch every pitch. Baseball is unique in that a game could go all night. It's a sport where you aren't constantly running so it's not like it wears the players out either the only trouble teams get in is theyll have to use position players to pitch sometimes.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Why don't you start a thread about it? This is a game/series thread. 😉

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I've never understood the argument of games going too many innings. You don't have to watch every pitch. Baseball is unique in that a game could go all night. It's a sport where you aren't constantly running so it's not like it wears the players out either the only trouble teams get in is theyll have to use position players to pitch sometimes.
You mean it's one of the few sports with out a timer.. oh wait.. that's about to end soon.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
We seem patently unable to hit against any pitcher in a red shirt. It's amazingly annoying.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We look pretty flat this entire series. I was a bit worried we would let down after that huge road trip. Outside of the 9th inning last night and the France HR in the earlier game today, we’ve done very little offensively.

I still want to see what we look like at full strength.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
We've been "flat" against the Angels all year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Lots of really piss poor AB’s and horrible hitting approaches this series. Tired of them looking at the first pitch down the middle only to chase strike three out of the strike zone. Old bad habits starting to creep back in.

Let’s hope they can do some damage against the Angels pen.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Lots of really piss poor AB’s and horrible hitting approaches this series. Tired of them looking at the first pitch down the middle only to chase strike three out of the strike zone. Old bad habits starting to creep back in.

Let’s hope they can do some damage against the Angels pen.
We just don’t have many great hitters. France and Julio are plus players. Frazier has been hot since right before the break. After that, everyone is hit and miss. I’m really hoping Haniger will give the offense a boost.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Flexen doing his best “Bad Marco” impersonation tonight.

Servais left him in there way too long. But yea, not Flex’s best showing. Unfortunately it will fall on Marco to get us a split.

Latest posts