Seattle Mariners vs Houston Astros Jul 22-24

W

Welshers

All good things must end. A loss had to come eventually. They need to bounce back quick and not lose the momentum of the streak

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Klew robbed on that hit. That would have made it really interesting.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If the asterisks shortstop doesn’t make a great catch on Lewis line drive I think the Mariners win the ballgame.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Day game today. 1:10 pm first pitch

Astros RHP Justin Verlander faces Mariners LHP Logan Gilbert on Saturday. Verlander has an MLB-best 12 wins this season and a 1.89 ERA. Gilbert’s most recent start came against Texas on July 16, when he allowed four hits and one earned run over five innings.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Day game today. 1:10 pm first pitch

Astros RHP Justin Verlander faces Mariners LHP Logan Gilbert on Saturday. Verlander has an MLB-best 12 wins this season and a 1.89 ERA. Gilbert’s most recent start came against Texas on July 16, when he allowed four hits and one earned run over five innings.
They lit up Verlander here in Seattle. Lots of swinging at the first pitch fastball. Hoping for a repeat performance.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Looks like Julio and Lewis are out.
Verlander vs the the Mariners Junior Varsity today.
Chalk this one up as an L.

If Julio hurt his wrist in Texas before the ASG, than why was he allowed to hit in the home run derby? A horrendously bad decision and or there is more to the story that they aren’t telling.

This situation is so “Mariners”.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Ugh! Looking like Verlander is gonna CG shutout our asses. 🤮

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
So far this series has shown me that Houston is the top dog in the division. And without Julio the lineup, we are pretty mediocre.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
So far this series has shown me two things.

One, Houston is the top dog in the division.

Two, without Julio the lineup is pretty mediocre.
Yep.
They need to bring up Kelenic if Julio is out of any length of time. I cannot watch another Dillon Moore AB or rainbow rag arm throw from the outfield.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Kelenic good numbers still , yeah bring him up why not , or trade for a hitter....

Chapow

Reaction score
The all star break couldn't have come at a worse time. This team was red hot, finding ways to win even if they weren't having a great day hitting. 4 days off, and poof, all that mojo is gone. They look like the 10 games under .500 team from earlier in the season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The all star break couldn't have come at a worse time. This team was red hot, finding ways to win even if they weren't having a great day hitting. 4 days off, and poof, all that mojo is gone. They look like the 10 games under .500 team from earlier in the season.
Shows how valuable Julio is, this offense is dead without him. I’ll save the rant I was going to go into.

Need him back immediately and or the need to bring up JK. The Moore-Haggerty combo ain’t cutting it.

PS. The starting pitching the last few games doesn’t get a free pass either, they’ve sucked ass coming out of the all star break gate.